Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

- akevit - 2012-02-10

I'll just wait a couple weeks when the bugs are worked out, thanks for all the hard work Smile

- pecinko - 2012-02-10

akevit Wrote:I'll just wait a couple weeks when the bugs are worked out, thanks for all the hard work Smile

Thanks for being honest I hope you won't mind me being honest too:

I can fix a bug for myself no need to post Quartz publicly to forum at all Smile

Give it a go, my releases are not glitch free but there are really no major bugs in them. I'm not forcing you, though.

- pecinko - 2012-02-10

Let us try to discuss some suggestions made:

bthusby Wrote:Alternatively the sub-category version should be named differently; e.g. Library, Catalogue, Choose.. or something. I'm running out of fantasy here....

This could be done if we come up with better naming. I was using Title in some of the earliest version of the skin and people were asking how do I go to my movies.

Quote:On Programs there is a redundant step before you reach your programs, a no-use screen that has only one option has to be selected (program add-ons) before you reach your programs.

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Quote:From all the add-ons there are many steps when I press 'back' on the remote. I would like to

Should be fixed in 3.0.1

Quote:On the movies I would like a 'Tick' when it is watched, because most are unwatched. There should be an option choosing between 'ticked' for all watched and blue shiny symbol on all unwatched (they don't need to be mutually exclusive either, maybe some weirdo wants both turned on at the same time)

This won't be changed, sorry. I like it this way as I'm personally interested in items that are not watched and I can see them like this at a glance.

Quote:For the Movies section I like more the sliding "posters-view", with fanart in the background. Is it possible to implement this without making it heavy on my ATV2?

I need to find a way to incorporate it nicely. Some of the problem are - if posters are big, there is no place for fan art. If you make a room for fan art posters are relatively small and with info added there's not much fun. However bigger poster and fan art are a no-go on ATV at least for me - way too jerky. Try them out in other skins and post what you find nice looking and performing and I'll take a look. I can port SLIDE from Quartz2 but there's not much fan art there.

bezza Wrote:I noted that if I navigate to a favourite tv episode via the shelf, when I try to navigate back I have to go through the full folder structure, it would be better if back simply returned to the shelf

This is working just like that at my side. After watching item from shelf I get returned to Home?

Quote:IMO, on the ATV2, the medialist3 doesn't look as slick as the infolist2 on Quartz2. The blue watched icon and highlight are too prominent and not as subtle as the white highlight and tick on infolist2. I think the infolist2 also had a faint line separator between rows, which again looked good.

Yup. I decided to go more closely to Apple TV looks. Infolist was my preferred view in Q2 but I'm mostly using Fanart & MediaInfo2 in Quartz 3.

dynaflash Wrote:One other thing ... I know Weather is an addon ... however

Sorry mate, but Weather is probably there to stay. I understand your reasoning but I believe most people like to have all their add-ons in one place. Weather was in XBMC menu in earlier version only because Add-ons menu was not there so I had to put it somewhere.

Since you do not use TV Shows maybe you could disable that menu and put shortcuts to your add ons above the Add-ons menu? Just an idea.

- dynaflash - 2012-02-11

pecinko Wrote:Let us try to discuss some suggestions made:
Sorry mate, but Weather is probably there to stay. I understand your reasoning but I believe most people like to have all their add-ons in one place. Weather was in XBMC menu in earlier version only because Add-ons menu was not there so I had to put it somewhere.

Since you do not use TV Shows maybe you could disable that menu and put shortcuts to your add ons above the Add-ons menu? Just an idea.
No problem Pecinko, was just floating it out there. Skin rocks and no worries on my end. Again ... imo you hit it out of the park !!!!!

- pecinko - 2012-02-11

** Version 3.0.2 Released **

- Go directly to Program addons
- Reworked Favourites to full screen as it looked weird when context menu was used
- Added missing texture to prevent jagged edges on albums
- Shelf label hide properly when shelf is not used
- Show logo when media shelf is not used
- Added additional view for episodes
- Added additional view for movies

Have a great time with version 3.0.2

Weather - pecinko - 2012-02-11

dynaflash Wrote:No problem Pecinko, was just floating it out there. Skin rocks and no worries on my end. Again ... imo you hit it out of the park !!!!!

Thanks.

I'm happy to help MODing of those parts that probably wouldn't be too useful for majority of users and would clutter setting if I am to put them as an option.

To have Weather under XBMC menu just drop

Code:
<item id="1" description="Weather">
<label>8</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Weather)</onclick>
</item>

anywhere in

<content>
</content>

section that you'll find just after

Code:
<control type="list" id="306" description="XBMC">
                <onleft>305</onleft>
                <onright>301</onright>
                <onup>316</onup>
                <ondown>306</ondown>
                <include>Sublist</include>

in Home.xml Most logical place would probably be just before item=2 Play disc

- rcrh - 2012-02-11

First, I can't tell you how much I love this skin. It absolutely saves XBMC on the aTV (every other skin I've looked at is sluggish & laggy). I know you're monitoring this thread as you build out the next release so I'll throw in my two cents to an area that I don't think gets a lot of attention on skins - music playback. I don't use any of the visualizations (they seem a bit 1980's for me) so I like to have a bit more info on the screen while music is playing. I would like to see a screen more like the native aTV music screen with MUCH larger album artwork and the cool animation. Although I do like the additonal info you've added that Apple doesn't. Additionally, it would be nice to see smaller album artwork for the next song in the queue (I think the Neon skin does this).

Beyond this rather personal preference I can't find any fault with the skin.

Like I said, I think it saves XBMC on the aTV. Thanks for your great work.

- bolex17 - 2012-02-11

Would it be possible for it to just display Recently Added items in the media shelf instead of your Watchlist?

- Savon - 2012-02-11

First, since this is my first post in the Quartz forum, a huge THANK YOU is in order for creating and maintaining this wonderful line of skins. On my ATV2 nothing came close to satisfying me in terms of blazing speed, usability, and appearance. Now I've been trying beta of Q3 and it seems like you've improved it even more. This is the premiere XBMC skin for ATV right now, I think.

As I said, I've been trying out the Quartz 3 beta and I've run into what seems to be an odd problem. For the media shelf feature, I only can add items to the media shelf for the "Add Ons" menu. For every other menu -- Movies, TV, etc. -- when I try to add an item to the media shelf, nothing shows up in the shelf. But it works perfectly for the "Add Ons" menu!

I have an Atv2, running the 3.02 beta of Quartz and Eden 3 beta. A debug log is below if it's helpful. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

http://pastebin.com/Ezgi75Yy

- pecinko - 2012-02-11

rcrh Wrote:First, I can't tell you how much I love this skin. It absolutely saves XBMC on the aTV (every other skin I've looked at is sluggish & laggy). I know you're monitoring this thread as you build out the next release so I'll throw in my two cents to an area that I don't think gets a lot of attention on skins - music playback. I don't use any of the visualizations (they seem a bit 1980's for me) so I like to have a bit more info on the screen while music is playing. I would like to see a screen more like the native aTV music screen with MUCH larger album artwork and the cool animation. Although I do like the additonal info you've added that Apple doesn't. Additionally, it would be nice to see smaller album artwork for the next song in the queue (I think the Neon skin does this).

Beyond this rather personal preference I can't find any fault with the skin.

Like I said, I think it saves XBMC on the aTV. Thanks for your great work.

Thank for feedback.

Both video and music playing windows are on to-do for some improvements.

Music is probably going to look very similar as in your suggestion Smile

- pecinko - 2012-02-11

bolex17 Wrote:Would it be possible for it to just display Recently Added items in the media shelf instead of your Watchlist?

I probably can drop movies out and most probably want to keep episodes and music.

Care to elaborate a bit about why do you want it?

- pecinko - 2012-02-11

Savon Wrote:First, since this is my first post in the Quartz forum, a huge THANK YOU is in order for creating and maintaining this wonderful line of skins. On my ATV2 nothing came close to satisfying me in terms of blazing speed, usability, and appearance. Now I've been trying beta of Q3 and it seems like you've improved it even more. This is the premiere XBMC skin for ATV right now, I think.

As I said, I've been trying out the Quartz 3 beta and I've run into what seems to be an odd problem. For the media shelf feature, I only can add items to the media shelf for the "Add Ons" menu. For every other menu -- Movies, TV, etc. -- when I try to add an item to the media shelf, nothing shows up in the shelf. But it works perfectly for the "Add Ons" menu!

I have an Atv2, running the 3.02 beta of Quartz and Eden 3 beta. A debug log is below if it's helpful. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

http://pastebin.com/Ezgi75Yy

Thanks for feedback!

Nothing wrong in log at the first glance.

Have you added items you want to assign to your favourites? If not you would see pretty much an empty window i.e. New window pops up but the list is empty.

Image Folder? - Peter911 - 2012-02-11

Hi,

sorry for this stupid question:

Wehre can i find the img-folder which contains for instance the xbmcHome Logo and so on...?

Thanks,
Peter

- pecinko - 2012-02-11

Peter911 Wrote:Hi,

sorry for this stupid question:

Wehre can i find the img-folder which contains for instance the xbmcHome Logo and so on...?

Thanks,
Peter

It is packed in XBT skin file. What do you have in mind?

- mediumdry - 2012-02-11

ah.. I was looking for it. And trying to find a way to open the xbt file, it seems it's not possible. (?)

And.. do you use texturepacker to create the file? Is it open source or freeware or would I have to pay for a license?

If you can't "unpack" xbt files, would you be willing to put your original files up somewhere?