Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

- Peter911 - 2012-02-16

Hi,

Same Problem here. No items on home shelf at the Movie or TV Section. I edit the keymap.xml with a shortcut to reload XBMC while running. After this all Items are shown in the home shelfs.

I have a MiniMac too, running with dual boot. Win 7 (Bootcamp) and Lion. I am not sure, if this is a Skin issue. XBMC Eden B3.

- pecinko - 2012-02-16

richhy Wrote:I'm not using an ATV. I have eden beta 3 on a windows 7 htpc.....

Ok, I'll take a look. What about screen menu issue you reported?

- pecinko - 2012-02-16

bthusby Wrote:Sometimes an episode in the watchlist Media shelf has the wrong season/episode tag.

Each time, it has been the second object in the watchlist that has wrongfully copied the season/episode tag from the first object. However, correct episode starts when selected, and it shows the correct poster thumb.

According to 'Black in the watchlist forum, this is a skin related problem. What do you think?

I am using latest Quartz skin version 3 on Pre-eden b2, and latest version of the watchlist-script.

No reason not to trust Black on this one. I'll fix it, thanks for reporting.

- pecinko - 2012-02-16

Peter911 Wrote:Hi,

Same Problem here. No items on home shelf at the Movie or TV Section. I edit the keymap.xml with a shortcut to reload XBMC while running. After this all Items are shown in the home shelfs.

I have a MiniMac too, running with dual boot. Win 7 (Bootcamp) and Lion. I am not sure, if this is a Skin issue. XBMC Eden B3.

In that case it is becase of how xbmc process list items (items are not available right away so list gets hidden. When you reload skin items are fetched and available so lists get visible status). As I will need to rework shelf items for custom image support I should be able to work around this one.

- richhy - 2012-02-17

pecinko Wrote:Ok, I'll take a look. What about screen menu issue you reported?

When watching a video if I open the on screen display menu for audio,video subtitle options etc ( [url="http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File:VideoSettings.jpg"] ) and enable deinterlace video when I then try and exit the menu it's not possible either by using return or exit. I have to reboot xbmc.

Once again thanks for a really great skin.

- skimshady - 2012-02-17

bthusby Wrote:I would prefer though for the TV Show "watching" -thumb, on the Home Screen, to be the Season poster instead of the Episode screenshot. I think the screenshots look so alike, and I have to use a few brain cycles to decode which TV Show it is Wink

I think Movies and TV Shows on the Home Screen should be selectable directly, seems kind of redundant to have to choose Movies or TV Shows from the sub-menu of their respectally equally named categories. Alternatively the sub-category version should be named differently; e.g. Library, Catalogue, Choose.. or something. I'm running out of fantasy here....

I think before, in Quartz 2, Season poster thumbs were used for the watchlist-items. Therefore it should be possible now too, in Quartz 3. Or am I missing something? I like the posters better than screenshots from the episode. It takes less horizontal real estate too, thereby more episodes can fit into the screen at the same time...

Is it possible to select the Header items on the Home menu directly so you don't have to move down and choose Movies or TV shows from the sub-menu of Movies and TV shows? Hope an elegant sollution will come to this issue Smile

Appreciate all the efforts you are putting into the skin Wink

- Peter911 - 2012-02-17

Hi,

Quote:As I will need to rework shelf items for custom image support I should be able to work around this one.

This would be great!

Quote:I think before, in Quartz 2, Season poster thumbs were used for the watchlist-items. Therefore it should be possible now too, in Quartz 3. Or am I missing something? I like the posters better than screenshots from the episode. It takes less horizontal real estate too, thereby more episodes can fit into the screen at the same time...

I think so tooNod

Q3 is my favorite skin of all! It´s light weight, simple, fast and very (Apple)stylish. Keep on this great Work, Pecinko! If its possible for me i will support/ assist...

Regards,
Peter

- Steverae - 2012-02-17

This is a great skin, but the icing on the cake would be to have the official apple logos instead of the xbmc logos

plus i cannot seem to change to the selection that displays all your movies as thumbnails as opposed to a text list.

- richhy - 2012-02-17

I have to say, I really don't want to have the apple logo in the skin. Personally, I can't understand why anyone would want to have it. I like this skin because it is very good - it offers a light, fast and nice looking simple media experience. Whether the skin is based on apple tv or whatever doesn't really matter (for me). So please, any additions to the home screen should be optional so each can add whatever he/she likes.

- Steverae - 2012-02-17

I mean this view :-

- pecinko - 2012-02-17

Steverae Wrote:plus i cannot seem to change to the selection that displays all your movies as thumbnails as opposed to a text list.

skin settings / enable grid and fan art views?

- pecinko - 2012-02-17

bthusby Wrote:I think before, in Quartz 2, Season poster thumbs were used for the watchlist-items. Therefore it should be possible now too, in Quartz 3. Or am I missing something? I like the posters better than screenshots from the episode. It takes less horizontal real estate too, thereby more episodes can fit into the screen at the same time...

Peter911 Wrote:I think so tooNod

pecinko Wrote:I'm waiting for TVShow posters to be available for recently added items (planned after Eden release).

I have no idea how to mix season posters from watch list with episode thumbs for recently added. I'm open to suggestions, though Smile

Deja vu? Smile

- pecinko - 2012-02-17

richhy Wrote:When watching a video if I open the on screen display menu for audio,video subtitle options etc ( [url="http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File:VideoSettings.jpg"] ) and enable deinterlace video when I then try and exit the menu it's not possible either by using return or exit. I have to reboot xbmc.

Curious. It closes fine here using ESC as always?

- skimshady - 2012-02-18

pecinko Wrote:Deja vu? Smile

I was just pointing out that it worked OK with season posters in Quartz 2 before, on pre-eden too... It is kind of strange why it is impossible now...
And I needed to emphasize it Smile

Im not going to give you a hard time about it.

Dejavus are only glitches in the matrix Wink

- Steverae - 2012-02-18

Thanks for that...

Now any word on getting a customised apple tv logos etc embedded or how to add these yourself ?