Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - Vlaves - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-12, 10:44)pecinko Wrote: - 3.1.6 - Released

- "Dependencies not met..." should be gone now
- Added a skin option to turn of view options dialog
- Media info with animated cover is back Smile
- Workaround for Home screen when mouse is used (Still, keyboard or remote usage recommended)

Thanks for the release Smile This Skin is looking beautiful Smile

I have noticed one thing, I would like to know if it would be possible to change it.

When a "Section" is highlighted in Quartz, there is no blue Background, On ATV there is (see attached Screenshots, the part marked red). Would it be possible to implement that in Quartz too? Or is this a bug I'm experiencing?

[attachment=163] [attachment=164]

And did you consider to add PVR-Support? Please, that would be great Smile
If I could support you with a Tuner, I would, no problem.

Regards
Vlaves

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - Simian - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-12, 18:10)pecinko Wrote: Please try with non-PVR build as well

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that. Smile

I might be able to play with it this weekend when I've got the house to myself. Otherwise I'll wait until PVR has caught up with RC3, and try again - it doesn't look like anyone else is having the same problem.

PVR is pretty unstable at the moment.

Cheers,

Simon

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-13, 05:50)scrolling Wrote: I know that this isn't a bug but more of a cosmetic thing. The reflection is missing.

Nice catch, I'll remedy this.
(2012-03-13, 11:55)Simian Wrote: I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that. Smile

HAL Smile

There has to be newer PVR build available as other PVR users are not having issues?
(2012-03-13, 10:14)Vlaves Wrote: When a "Section" is highlighted in Quartz, there is no blue Background, On ATV there is (see attached Screenshots, the part marked red). Would it be possible to implement that in Quartz too? Or is this a bug I'm experiencing?

Just disable mouse and blue highlight will appear. (Settings/System/input devices)

I'm still considering PVR support.

Is there a web link to a product page of this tv tuner that is capable of running in virtual machine on OS X?
(2012-03-13, 02:09)westcoastbias Wrote: I LOVE the watchlist submenu item under TV. Seriously, I LOVE it. One extremely minor point. Under skin settings where you setup which playlists (or favorites) you want as submenus under the tv shows main menu, watchlist is listed at the top, however in practice when other favorites are selected to appear, watchlist appears at the bottom.

Yes, recently added and watch list items had been separated as it led to confusion in cases they repeat on shelf.

Thanks for reporting watch list item position problem. I will move it up where it should be.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - mediumdry - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-13, 12:54)pecinko Wrote: Is there a web link to a product page of this tv tuner that is capable of running in virtual machine on OS X?
Most any dvb usb stick will do. The ubuntu install I added tvheadend to recognized my elgato dtt stick immediately. Just don't use the latest ubuntu but 10.4lts.

Is it just me or are other people also having issues with the screensaver not coming back? I've seen it once now on both the atv2 and also on my mini (snow leopard), the screen would go to dim (my screen saver) and not come back when the remote is used. In both cases I had to exit and restart xbmc.

(2012-03-13, 13:13)mediumdry Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 12:54)pecinko Wrote: Is there a web link to a product page of this tv tuner that is capable of running in virtual machine on OS X?
Most any dvb usb stick will do. The ubuntu install I added tvheadend to recognized my elgato dtt stick immediately. Just don't use the latest ubuntu but 10.4lts.

Appreciate the effort but I have neither time or desire to experiment. Need a link to one that will work for sure with smallest amount of effort from my side Smile

I.e. I stick it to my usb, install that openelec with PVR (or whatever else pre-configured distro) and use most recent os x build with PVR from .... ?

(2012-03-13, 13:28)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 13:13)mediumdry Wrote:

Appreciate the effort but I have neither time or desire to experiment. Need a link to one that will work for sure with smallest amount of effort from my side Smile

I.e. I stick it to my usb, install that openelec with PVR (or whatever else pre-configured distro) and use most recent os x build with PVR from .... ?

O.k. let's see...first I need to know, what you could receive where you live.
DVB-T or DVB-S(2) or DVB-C?

Some of them are listed here. But many more Tuners are supported. I would like to support you with this. So please give me a little Feedback what you could receive at your House, and I will send you the Link for a Tuner working.

I think mediumdry could also support here, maybe sharing the Appliance he has already done. @mediumdry: Would you?

If not, I could also create a Openelec Appliance for VMWare Fusion/Paralells/Virtualbox, but it would take some time. What Virtualizer do you have on your Mac?

Regards
Vlaves

(2012-03-13, 14:23)Vlaves Wrote: O.k. let's see...first I need to know, what you could receive where you live.

I think I can receive all, but let's stick to DVB-T

Quote:What Virtualizer do you have on your Mac?

None. I would need to install it solely for this purpose...

(2012-03-13, 15:52)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 14:23)Vlaves Wrote: O.k. let's see...first I need to know, what you could receive where you live.

I think I can receive all, but let's stick to DVB-T

Quote:What Virtualizer do you have on your Mac?

None. I would need to install it solely for this purpose...

o.k. then I would suggest, that you could send me a link to a Webshop where you think to buy a stick. I could have a look at the availible stickes and compare them to the working one in an VM. I would then made an clean new appliance and share it online, so you the just have to download the appliance and load it in to the VM-Software, put in the stick and then the PVR-Backend should be reachable on your homenet.

So I'm waiting for your Link to get started. Thanaks again Smile

Regards
Vlaves

Girls and Boys

I have opened new poll. It would be nice if you could spare a min to cast a vote.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125432

Thanks

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - alex.guan - 2012-03-13

Hi Pecinko,

First of all, thanks for your great work. Quartz is one of my favorite skins.

However it has trouble display characters that are not ascii. Specifically, I have several videos plugins that get the content from some Chinese website. The Chinese characters in those plugins are rendered as blocks. With the same system font and characters settings, other skins have no problem displaying them (the confluence and reFocus).

So my questions is, is this expected behavior? If it is, can can fix it by changing the default font?

Thanks in advance.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-13, 23:47)alex.guan Wrote: First of all, thanks for your great work. Quartz is one of my favorite skins.
However it has trouble display characters that are not ascii.

Well, this is not true as it displays Serbian, Czech and German characters just fine. I have tried very hard to find free font that looks nice and has as widest possible language support. In short, font is unicode but probably does not support every language.

That said, I will checkout how skin looks with font supplied by XBMC and add support for it or try to find other solution. Do you have any suggestion for font that might be used?

(2012-03-13, 23:47)alex.guan Wrote: The Chinese characters in those plugins are rendered as blocks. With the same system font and characters settings, other skins have no problem displaying them (the confluence and reFocus).

EDIT:

System font added, making total of 4 fonts available in next skin release

-Default (normal weight)
-Strong
-Light
-System (the one used in Confluence)

All changeable from setting/appearance

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - skimshady - 2012-03-14

Sometimes the big screenshots in the new watchlist is not showing, only black.... I have tried to update it by restarting and let it re-populate, but still the same... In my/this case it is the two uppermost that don't show. I don't know if it is a pattern or only a coincidence, normally all screenshots shows. I thought I just would report it Smile

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 02:12)bthusby Wrote: Sometimes the big screenshots in the new watchlist is not showing, only black.... I have tried to update it by restarting and let it re-populate, but still the same... In my/this case it is the two uppermost that don't show. I don't know if it is a pattern or only a coincidence, normally all screenshots shows. I thought I just would report it Smile

Thanks for reporting I'll have a look.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - alex.guan - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 00:23)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 23:47)alex.guan Wrote: First of all, thanks for your great work. Quartz is one of my favorite skins.
However it has trouble display characters that are not ascii.

Well, this is not true as it displays Serbian, Czech and German characters just fine. I have tried very hard to find free font that looks nice and has as widest possible language support. In short, font is unicode but probably does not support every language.

That said, I will checkout how skin looks with font supplied by XBMC and add support for it or try to find other solution. Do you have any suggestion for font that might be used?

(2012-03-13, 23:47)alex.guan Wrote: The Chinese characters in those plugins are rendered as blocks. With the same system font and characters settings, other skins have no problem displaying them (the confluence and reFocus).

EDIT:

System font added, making total of 4 fonts available in next skin release

-Default (normal weight)
-Strong
-Light
-System (the one used in Confluence)

All changeable from setting/appearance

Great! Can't wait to try it out.
(2012-03-14, 00:23)pecinko Wrote: That said, I will checkout how skin looks with font supplied by XBMC and add support for it or try to find other solution. Do you have any suggestion for font that might be used?

I believe the "Arial-based" font provided by XBMC supports most of the languages ( includes asian languages)

Not really sure how xbmc handles font rendering, is there a way to specify/fall back to certain font based on the character encoding?

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - Steverae - 2012-03-14

Hi

This is looking really good now, all we need now is a way to add the appke tv logo to the bottom right, and we're sorted..... i've altered the logo on the home screen preview panel and it looks great, people think i've got an apple tv now lol.