Kodi Community Forum
Google Nexus Player - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Google Nexus Player (/showthread.php?tid=206515)

RE: Google Nexus Player - darklord6661 - 2015-07-23

Not really the best option. Also have to pay the cost of shipping back to the mob etc as nobody around here sells what I am after. Better to ask what other people have experienced.

RE: Google Nexus Player - Hiphopopotamus - 2015-07-23

I had 18GB 1080P MKVs streaming fine over Wireless N, both 2.4 & 5Ghz. So AC is not required.

RE: Google Nexus Player - darklord6661 - 2015-07-23

Hmmm... Thanks for that. Wonder why it hates itself so much... My router isn't the best thing in the world though .

RE: Google Nexus Player - mdh99 - 2015-07-24

(2015-07-23, 23:21)darklord6661 Wrote: My router isn't the best thing in the world though.

Mate I had the same issue with my cheap TP-Link N300 router.

I tried a custom firmware and it made a world of difference. I can now stream 1080p MKV's without any issues and didn't need to replace my router. Clearly the stock TP-Link firmware has a serious bottleneck.

Check out www.openwrt.org and see if your router is compatible.

RE: Google Nexus Player - darklord6661 - 2015-07-24

Unfortunately, mine isn't listed. It's only a shitty one I got free from my ISP after my Billion died. Probably high-time I bought a new router anyway. Thanks for the advice.

RE: Google Nexus Player - Deihmos - 2015-07-24

I got DTS working but I need to connect the nexus directly to the receiver unlike my other devices that run through the TV to receiver. I get no surround sound in Netflix.

RE: Google Nexus Player - Vidman - 2015-07-24

(2015-07-24, 13:56)Deihmos Wrote: I got DTS working but I need to connect the nexus directly to the receiver unlike my other devices that run through the TV to receiver. I get no surround sound in Netflix.
If you want surround sound, this is the way devices should be connected anyway

That's not true. I get surround from pc and roku just fine by connecting directly to the TV and using ARC. Connecting directly to the receiver requires the input to always change on the receiver.

HDMI CEC to use my TV remote does not work when connected directly to the receiver.

RE: Google Nexus Player - noggin - 2015-07-24

(2015-07-24, 14:36)Deihmos Wrote: That's not true. I get surround from pc and roku just fine by connecting directly to the TV and using ARC. Connecting directly to the receiver requires the input to always change on the receiver.
Though ARC is limited to lossy DD/DD+ (and I think DTS - though not sure about that) - and doesn't support HD Audio as it uses a different path to send audio the 'wrong way' down an HDMI cable and thus can't use the regular path used for HD Audio travelling the 'right way' down an HDMI cable. This is probably not an issue for the Nexus Player - but it could be for other solutions.

ARC is really there for Smart TV applications and the internal TV tuners in TVs to be be able to route their audio back to an AVR down the cable that the AVR feeds the TV with. Its not optimal to route audio from other HDMI sources via the TV rather than directly into an AVR.

RE: Google Nexus Player - Koying - 2015-07-24

How ARC/passthrough works really depends on the TV brand.
On my Samsung, whatever comes in is translated to a "DTS:Neo" format, then passed to the AVR, but you must manually enable that on the TV, IIRC.

RE: Google Nexus Player - noggin - 2015-07-24

(2015-07-24, 16:00)Koying Wrote: How ARC/passthrough works really depends on the TV brand.
On my Samsung, whatever comes in is translated to a "DTS:Neo" format, then passed to the AVR, but you must manually enable that on the TV, IIRC.

AIUI ARC used an unused pin or two on the HDMI cable to carry SPDIF bitrate/quality audio - whether this is PCM 2.0, DD, DD+, DTS etc. is I guess related to the devices in question. However I don't believe it supports the bitrate required for PCM 5.1/7.1 or DTS HD-MA/HRA or Dolby True HD bitstreams. I think whether you get passthrough of lossy legacy content, or a transcode depends on the model.

My Sony UHD TV's internal DVB-T2 tuner system will tune and decode 5.1 AAC audio on Freeview HD, and transcodes this to Dolby Digital 5.1 for output via ARC to the amp for instance.

(2015-07-24, 16:00)Koying Wrote: How ARC/passthrough works really depends on the TV brand.
It works well on my LG passes Dolby and DTS to the receiver but no DTS with the nexus. The benefit is my TV remote works with the nexus when connected directly. I don't know why the nexus does not work.

RE: Google Nexus Player - wesk05 - 2015-07-25

(2015-07-24, 16:24)noggin Wrote: AIUI ARC used an unused pin or two on the HDMI cable to carry SPDIF bitrate/quality audio - whether this is PCM 2.0, DD, DD+, DTS etc. is I guess related to the devices in question. However I don't believe it supports the bitrate required for PCM 5.1/7.1 or DTS HD-MA/HRA or Dolby True HD bitstreams. I think whether you get passthrough of lossy legacy content, or a transcode depends on the model.
For type A connector, HDMI ARC utilizes pins 14 (HEAC+), 17 (Shield) & 19 (HEAC-). For type C, it is 13 (Shield), 17 (HEAC+) and 19 (HEAC-). It can only transmit a single IEC-60958 stream. Advanced audio formats are not supported. It can be only PCM 2.0, Dolby Digital or DTS.

RE: Google Nexus Player - tatoomana - 2015-08-07

Hello everybody !

On Nexus Player, why a USB pendrive (64 GB) via USB OTG does not appear in Kodi ? (no problem in ES File Explorer)
There is a solution ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

RE: Google Nexus Player - fox123 - 2015-08-07

anyone still have Netflix issue of deactivating when auto next episode is on?

it is a common issue for a while now but no fix yet. My Nvidia Shield and apple TV do not have this issue.