Kodi Community Forum
Google Nexus Player - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Google Nexus Player (/showthread.php?tid=206515)

RE: Google Nexus Player - man00 - 2016-02-12

So I'm not to use Kodi arm ? Hope this didn't double post.

RE: Google Nexus Player - Ned Scott - 2016-02-12

(2016-02-12, 19:37)man00 Wrote: So I'm not to use Kodi arm ? Hope this didn't double post.

Nexus Player uses x86 builds. ARM builds will still work, but it's better to use the x86 ones.

RE: Google Nexus Player - clarkss12 - 2016-02-13

(2016-02-12, 22:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 19:37)man00 Wrote: So I'm not to use Kodi arm ? Hope this didn't double post.

Nexus Player uses x86 builds. ARM builds will still work, but it's better to use the x86 ones.

Thank you, that was good information. I just picked one up two days ago from Walmart for $25 (that was all it was worth to me). First thing I did was side load the current Kodi 16 using the ARM version, consequently it did not work very well, so I uninstalled it and use the one from the "store". After reading your post, I side loaded the correct version of x86 Kodi 16 and it is working well.

Thanks

BTW, I am not a fan of the Android TV launcher.

RE: Google Nexus Player - jakejm79 - 2016-02-18

You can replace the leanback launcher with another launcher.

RE: Google Nexus Player - clarkss12 - 2016-02-18

(2016-02-18, 04:40)jakejm79 Wrote: You can replace the leanback launcher with another launcher.

How? I tried a couple of my favorite launchers and they will not work.

RE: Google Nexus Player - jakejm79 - 2016-02-18

You need to use ADB to disable the stock launcher (since Marshmallow), make sure you have an alternative launcher installed already.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-player/general/how-to-set-default-launcher-marshmallow-t3227812

RE: Google Nexus Player - g725s - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-13, 17:16)clarkss12 Wrote: I just picked one up two days ago from Walmart for $25 (that was all it was worth to me). First thing I did was side load the current Kodi 16 using the ARM version, consequently it did not work very well, so I uninstalled it and use the one from the "store". After reading your post, I side loaded the correct version of x86 Kodi 16 and it is working well.

I am to get a NP in the mail in this coming week. It seems you are saying that you got a version of KODI from the "store" after previously side loading KODI 16 ARM version.

Then you say you side loaded the one you got from the "store"? What are you saying here? By "store" don't you mean the Play Store within the NP? I thought side loading meant you would get KODI elsewhere off the internet and load it off a flash drive. or something.

I am pretty familiar with KODI/XBMC on my Windows HTPC for many years and I've not had much problems with KODI on a Windows PC. But the NP will be a new OS using KODI to me, I don't know much about the NP OS. Can't I just get the KODI version off the Play Store within the NP? Anything else I need to get KODI working optimally?

RE: Google Nexus Player - clarkss12 - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-20, 21:26)g725s Wrote:
(2016-02-13, 17:16)clarkss12 Wrote: I just picked one up two days ago from Walmart for $25 (that was all it was worth to me). First thing I did was side load the current Kodi 16 using the ARM version, consequently it did not work very well, so I uninstalled it and use the one from the "store". After reading your post, I side loaded the correct version of x86 Kodi 16 and it is working well.

I am to get a NP in the mail in this coming week. It seems you are saying that you got a version of KODI from the "store" after previously side loading KODI 16 ARM version.

Then you say you side loaded the one you got from the "store"? What are you saying here? By "store" don't you mean the Play Store within the NP? I thought side loading meant you would get KODI elsewhere off the internet and load it off a flash drive. or something.

I am pretty familiar with KODI/XBMC on my Windows HTPC for many years and I've not had much problems with KODI on a Windows PC. But the NP will be a new OS using KODI to me, I don't know much about the NP OS. Can't I just get the KODI version off the Play Store within the NP? Anything else I need to get KODI working optimally?

You ask some good questions. I have so many of these Android boxes, I forget what I do to them, plus I am old and very forgetful. Anyway, I am not certain what apps came pre-installed on this box or what I side loaded. I thought Kodi was in the "store", but I just checked and don't see it, so probably I was mistaken.

Anyway, I do believe Es file Explorer comes pre-installed, so that make side loading much easier. I have two NAS's (networked area storage) on my network and I just use Es file Explorer to access my files and apps. Since all of my Android boxes are ARM, boxes I use use the ARM versions, I just installed the same version to this box.

This box does however use an Intel SoC, so you will have to use the X86 version of Kodi. I am using the Current release: Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” based on the X86 chipset, and it works great.

RE: Google Nexus Player - g725s - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-20, 22:08)clarkss12 Wrote: I thought Kodi was in the "store", but I just checked and don't see it, so probably I was mistaken.

Did you just look in the "store" or did you search the "store"? I guess I'll find out next week.

Why would KODI sometimes not be found in the "store"? I read somewhere if you search for "XBMC" that will pull up KODI.

RE: Google Nexus Player - XperImenT - 2016-02-21

Kodi is always in the store for NP

RE: Google Nexus Player - mdh99 - 2016-02-26

Since updating to Kodi 16, when a video is paused long enough for the Google screensaver to kick in, the video stops. Some times Kodi doesn't even recognise the video had been started and a such no resume is offered.

I've also had the Google screensaver kick in while a video is playing.

Any solutions?

My Nexus is running Android 6.0.1 and I use the auto-refresh rate change built into Kodi.

RE: Google Nexus Player - Ned Scott - 2016-02-27

http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v16_(Jarvis)_FAQ#ANDROID:_Video_playback_stops_when_another_app_is_in_focus

RE: Google Nexus Player - mdh99 - 2016-02-27

(2016-02-27, 02:43)Ned Scott Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v16_(Jarvis)_FAQ#ANDROID:_Video_playback_stops_when_another_app_is_in_focus

So Kodi can't prevent the Android screensaver starting and it will stop your video too; that's a huge backwards step in my opinion. Huge step backwards for usability.

RE: Google Nexus Player - Koying - 2016-02-27

Disabling the Kodi screensaver (or enabling a different one than "dim" or "black") also prevents daydream to kick in.

RE: Google Nexus Player - Mark Vension - 2016-02-27

What's offer is for $99 and for $39?