Kodi Community Forum
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=207004)

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Wolly - 2015-01-06

Another good news!

VidOn XBMC (Gotham) v 0.0.0.4 is out!

Download link: http://www.vidon.me/download/xbmc/VidonXBMC-13.2_V0.0.0.4.apk

Changelog:
1. Fixed: Stuttering issue in video playback
2. Fixed: Freezing issue when seeking in certain cases
3. Improved: Added VidOn XBMC Pro logo to distinguish between versions of VidOn XBMC

Please update your VidOn XBMC asap.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Ned Scott - 2015-01-06

Nice. I assume the source code will be available very soon?

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - hdmkv - 2015-01-06

Thanks Wolly. Before release of this box, you guys had HD audio included as part of non-member/non-subscriber list of features, along with 3D (which still is). So, for those of us who bought early on based on those expectations, I think you should include HD audio w/o subscription, or alternatively at least offer some kind of a lifetime sub option at a reasonable price for early adopters. Former would be preferable of course, but I understand if latter is necessary as I recall you guys mentioning selling this box at cost (or near so).

Also, I updated post #1 with a snapshot of this player, especially for new users. Please let me know if I missed anything. Thanks.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - cncb - 2015-01-06

You have to pay a subscription fee just to get HD audio? I was always wary of this "membership" and even more so now that they seem to be changing the terms. What is to stop them from adding 3D to that list?

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - hdmkv - 2015-01-06

Nothing, which is why I've been trying to call them out on it.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Trigu75 - 2015-01-06

Weird , the change log doesnt show changes done on your github

On github i saw subtitles bug fixed , 3d for half-sbs , tab , dts/dolby digital codec download for non suscribed users , and more things fixed that are not being released

Basically , your releases are different than the code released on github

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - movie78 - 2015-01-06

This subscription will useless after a year,there is always going to be a new hardware with better features next year.

(This remind of when the Dune Smart series was coming out and HDI Dune mention that you don't need to buy a new device next year,you can always upgrade your device main motherboard unit with new version)

Subscription only works for Netflix etc....Laugh

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Stereodude - 2015-01-06

(2015-01-06, 12:51)Ned Scott Wrote: Nice. I assume the source code will be available very soon?
I wouldn't. If they release the source can't people build it themselves and bypass the subscription/membership model?

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Ned Scott - 2015-01-06

They are required to release the source code. It is not optional when using GPL software.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - nickr - 2015-01-06

Ned, you know that, I know that, vidon ignore it. Frankly the foundation needs to enforce its copyright.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Roby77 - 2015-01-06

if they dont' respect gpl but they use the forum for free advertisement why mod doesn't close the 3ad ?

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Stereodude - 2015-01-06

(2015-01-06, 21:47)Ned Scott Wrote: They are required to release the source code. It is not optional when using GPL software.
Yes, but they wouldn't be the first company to ignore that detail.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - nickr - 2015-01-06

(2015-01-06, 23:18)Roby77 Wrote: if they dont' respect gpl but they use the forum for free advertisement why mod doesn't close the 3ad ?
Perhaps because they are a 'sponsor' which is presumably related to money.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - movie78 - 2015-01-07

I don't blame them...

Re: RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - nickr - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 00:01)movie78 Wrote: I don't blame them...
You have lost me. You don't blame who for what?