Kodi Community Forum
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=207004)

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - j1nx - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 11:55)Trigu75 Wrote: ו dont understand , how hard is changing a documented http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide fex script.bin/config
Or documented kernel https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/blob/sunxi-3.0/drivers/video/sunxi/disp/dev_fb.c

Or changing the kernel bootargs adding the display mode is

It was done on older chipsets ( a10 , a20 )

I wish i had the sources the box use

Than you are lucky as the linux kernel and u-boot bootloader are both released under a GPL license, so you can easily...........wait hang on.

I am still not convienced about the whole sourcecode release thing.

First you do not hear for more than two weeks, than if people start kicking again, plop some sources get pushed. I don't know, but I see last commits of the 15th, while just a day after that another binary is released on the 24th and the changelog is nowhere to be found in the commits.

Ned_scott, not to attack you, but for an opensource project which is for 99% community driven, I found it very strange that almost everything about the trademark/GPL is communicated out in the open, yet in a thread where a GPL violation is pointed out several times, the foundation is choosing to do it via the back door and keep it quite?? (To me, that looks exactly as; A lot of big words, but no balls for the action) (A lot of "Don't do this or else", yet a shit load of people, companies and even sponsors giving you the bird; "or else whatHuh")

Anyway, it makes me even more reluctant to build up some trust in the foundation and in regards of this thread Vidon-me again.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Trigu75 - 2015-01-26

Allwinner didnt release a31s source to the public , only to their customers

The current released sources ( a10,a20,a31 ) were leaked

I wanted to install ubuntu as they state the chipset supports android , ubuntu and windows

Android have some issues , memory handling sucks

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - cmdr.adama - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 14:50)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: I don't know the technical thing, I heard about that from one of our developers who is working with other chipset companies, like Amlogic.
I said it's a very hard problem, it's not like what you thought to simply change some code in the SDK.
We are still working on it to find some other methods to get around this issue.

This is not a issue only happens on our Box, but also most of other Android boxes if those boxes also will support HD audio passthrough or 3D. So we hope to work with the chipset companies to solve this big problem.
Maybe the SoC/SDK supplier is not interested to solve such firmware topics and they are working on their new A80 SoC.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - nickr - 2015-01-26

Perhaps its about time the technical guys stopped hiding behind wolly?

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Wolly - 2015-01-27

Hi, guys.
We are very proud to be a sponsor of Kodi, if you are using or interested in the VidOn XBMC(maybe VidOn Kodi in the future), you are also welcome to post anything on our vidon.me forum.

Features preview:
1. We will support 1080p UI very soon.
2. The VidOn XBMC will support SBS 3D in the coming futures, an SDK update will coming soon to support this feature.

About the HDMI problem, we are solving it, just need some time.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - nickr - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 12:56)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Hi, guys.
We are very proud to be a sponsor of Kodi, if you are using or interested in the VidOn XBMC(maybe VidOn Kodi in the future), you are also welcome to post anything on our vidon.me forum.?

isn't that the forum where posts keep getting deleted when they ask difficult questions?

As for 'it takes time' - why go to market with these problems? Do you guys test nothing?

Donor, you don't know products, products always have all kinds of unexpected bugs, even the official Kodi has its own bugs. No product is zero bug product.
Some manufactures won't fix their bugs after the product released, but we try our best to keep update the software to fix the bugs.
That's the difference.

And we don't delete posts, in order to trace the bug easily, we merged the same bug-report topics into one topic. That's just a different method to run a forum. And our moderator will write a note if this topic has been merged into another topic.

"It takes time", because all of our amplifiers can output HD audio, it's impossible to test every amp in the world.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - cmdr.adama - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 13:15)nickr Wrote: isn't that the forum where posts keep getting deleted when they ask difficult questions?
Right, that's why I moved over here.

(2015-01-27, 16:34)cmdr.adama Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 13:15)nickr Wrote: isn't that the forum where posts keep getting deleted when they ask difficult questions?
Right, that's why I moved over here.

Interesting, I remember I have provided the link to show you that your posts have been merged into other topic, because there is already has a related topic .
Every forum has its own rule, just like Kodi doesn't allow sponsor to start a new topic.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - Hedda - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 13:38)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Donor, you don't know products
And apparently VidOn still do not know what XBMC/Kodi being under GPL licensed requires from you.

Or worse, you do know and are just ignoring it, and as such are clearly violating the GPL license.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - latanh - 2015-01-27

Hi guys,

Last month I received a VidOn box, which was running an older version of VMC at the time. It connected well to the receiver, and the video was passthrough to my TV. It would even passthrough DTS-HD audio (on Blu-ray discs).

Then I updated to VMC 0.0.1.4, and the video didn't passthrough the receiver anymore. It would show that there were no video input, or sometimes it just show a screen of noise (which is actually the VidOn screen, but not in a normal way). If I connect the HDMI cable directly to my TV it would show video just fine.

I recently updated to VMC 0.0.1.6 but it was all the same. Now I have to connect the HDMI to my TV, and use an optical cable to pass the audio to the receiver, therefore no DTS-HD audio.

Had anyone have this issue? What should be the fix for this? Do I have to downgrade to VMC 0.0.1.3 or older?

AND I think there's no problem with my receiver, because I can use many other boxes (Dune TV-303 or Measy B4A) directly with a HDMI cable. The mentioned issue only appear with my VidOn box.

Hi, latanh
Can you attach a screenshot of the problem?
Since it seems not related to XBMC, I suggest you post it on our forum, not here.

(2015-01-27, 17:21)Hedda Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 13:38)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Donor, you don't know products
And apparently VidOn still do not know what XBMC/Kodi being under GPL licensed requires from you.

Or worse, you do know and are just ignoring it, and as such are clearly violating the GPL license.

So Hedda, please tell me what is GPL if you think you know it very well.
Thank you very much.

RE: Latest VidOn Box Impressions - cmdr.adama - 2015-01-27

XBMC 0.0.0.5

Movies with 1080 resolution and
25.000 Hz progressive: seams to play fine (Judder test BD)
50.000 Hz interlaced: still stuttering
27.970 Hz progressive: still stuttering
59.940 Hz interlaced: still stuttering

Start of 24p movie playback and chapter jumps are faster but with hiccups/stutterings directly after the action.

Start of RAR packed movies leads to reproducable XBMC crashes.

OK, thanks for your feedback.
But please read the change log first before you post these problems.