Kodi Community Forum
spanish variations HELP - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Translations and Languages (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Thread: spanish variations HELP (/showthread.php?tid=207353)

spanish variations HELP - CaBrA - 2014-10-26

There is something wrong with language system in XBMC / Kodi. I´m from Argentina. So, first I chose Spanish (Argentina). But then I realized that Spanish (Spain) is like 98% translated. So I decided start using Spanish (Spain) in my system.

I think that Spanish variations should depend of a main general SPANISH one. So, only differences words are translated. Now, I cant use Spanish (Argentina) because it less translated. Its a shame cause I like lot of more the Arg variation.

RE: spanish variations HELP - CaBrA - 2014-11-04

Spanish XBMC: 99% translated
Spanish AR: 96%

Spànish ADDONS: 98%
Spanish ADDONS Argentina: 28% <------------------------ What? I was using xbmc most of time in english, but spanish translation was available.....

RE: spanish variations HELP - cramm - 2014-11-22

@CaBrA

Where did you get these translation converage stats?.

For spanish (Argentina) and XBMC 13.x we are at 100% for core. Personally I'm not interested in translating addons because most of them are non-relevant in Argentina (e.g. EPG for European digital TV technology services, etc.) and we'd always be playing catch up. It's already hard to get the job done with core (team has many members but most of the work is done by two guys.)

For Kodi 14 yes, we are a bit behind but it's not a problem because it's still in beta. I'm confident we can reach 100% before final release with some effort as we've already done for 12 and 13.

having said that, we in the translation team would be grateful to get any help. Transifex makes things easy when it comes to participate and we have a handful of simple rules.

I'm also sure the Kodi team would be open to dicuss and accept any code contribution you might want to make to implement the transmation fallback mechanism you propose.

Regards,

RE: spanish variations HELP - CaBrA - 2014-11-22

(2014-11-22, 03:24)cramm Wrote: @CaBrA

Where did you get these translation converage stats?.

For spanish (Argentina) and XBMC 13.x we are at 100% for core. Personally I'm not interested in translating addons because most of them are non-relevant in Argentina (e.g. EPG for European digital TV technology services, etc.) and we'd always be playing catch up. It's already hard to get the job done with core (team has many members but most of the work is done by two guys.)

For Kodi 14 yes, we are a bit behind but it's not a problem because it's still in beta. I'm confident we can reach 100% before final release with some effort as we've already done for 12 and 13.

having said that, we in the translation team would be grateful to get any help. Transifex makes things easy when it comes to participate and we have a handful of simple rules.

I'm also sure the Kodi team would be open to dicuss and accept any code contribution you might want to make to implement the transmation fallback mechanism you propose.

Regards,

Thanks for the words. I:ll love to use Spanish Argentina because most words fit best for my location but the true is that now Im using Spanish from Spain cause I got more translated string in addons. Xbmc core is perfect in Spanish Argentina.

I only thought that would be cool to use spanish from spain strings when no spanish argentina translated string is found. I dont know how to make it possible I dont understand about coding. It was just an idea.

spanish variations HELP - Kavomatovlweks - 2015-01-08

Hi, i?m traslanting to Latinamerican Spanish.

There are a few diferences: "File " is traslated as "Fichero" in Spain Spanish, but as "Archivo" in Latinamerican Spanish.

Back to work,

RE: spanish variations HELP - narvatu - 2015-01-08

I don´t know who make these translation, but in Spain all people calls file "Archivo" not "fichero" (and all programs I can remember translate file to "archivo")
I also remember when the translators change "library" from "Biblioteca" to "coleccion" and sets from "coleccion" to "sagas"
I want a forum when users can vote these translations

RE: spanish variations HELP - CaBrA - 2015-01-08

The Spanish Argentina is great for me. The problem I say is that some addons are not translated in Spanish for this region and yes for Spain.

So, I think that Spanish should be one language and only change regionals words.