Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-19

Got it working...If I add the standard widget for "Movies" then they all appear on the screen.

Still got some paying around to do but very pleased its working now Smile

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-19

I've used the same widget for the home screen and the first custom sub menu....but the sort orders are different. The sub menu one is ascending by title...but I can't tell what the home screen widget is using, is there a way of setting that to title ascending too?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-08-19

Depends on what type of widget it is.

fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-20

Just the standard one from common

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Skribbler1 - 2015-08-20

(2015-08-19, 23:14)jusnogood Wrote: Got it working...If I add the standard widget for "Movies" then they all appear on the screen.

How did you get it working? What was the problem?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-20

(2015-08-20, 15:46)Skribbler1 Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 23:14)jusnogood Wrote: Got it working...If I add the standard widget for "Movies" then they all appear on the screen.

How did you get it working? What was the problem?

I'm not sure whether this is the way it should work or whether tI was just lucky, but I changed the main menu item to use the common movies widget. I then set the first sub menu item to be the same widget, then set the other sub menu items to be in progress, top movies etc. I had tried setting up a few combinations before that and it didn't work, it seemed to kick into life once I had the same widget in the main menu and the first sub menu item Smile

I've since changed to use the "My Movies" widget for both as that sorted out my sort issue. The common movies widget seems to act differently on the main menu than the sub menu so (in my mind) it looks strange when you transition from one to the other.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jlm5151 - 2015-08-21

Awesome skin! Nearly perfection to me! Is there any way to link specific android apps under the various tabs. An example would be linking Netflix, HBO Go and Starz under Movies as a submenu after my library based entries.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Dark_dude - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-21, 01:09)jlm5151 Wrote: Awesome skin! Nearly perfection to me! Is there any way to link specific android apps under the various tabs. An example would be linking Netflix, HBO Go and Starz under Movies as a submenu after my library based entries.

The easiest way is to add the desired app to your favorites and add a new menu entry from favorites. After that you can remove it from favorites. That way you don't have to find out packagenames.

I tried to add the favorites as another submenu, but it doesn't seem to show up.

I tried to add the favorites as another submenu, but it doesn't seem to show up.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Jindo - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-19, 21:22)jusnogood Wrote: I can add menu items now without an error. So I've added, for example, a new top level menu which appears on the left menu along with exit etc and it works fine when I select the menu item.

When I watch your video of the skin when you scroll to, for example, movies it shows all the movie posters on the right. Mine only shows the movie posters when I select the Movie option to go into it.

I've also added three under movies for recently added, movie titles and in progress. It says its building the menu but when I go back to the Movies menu it still doesn't show anything until I click movie and only one movie list is shown (I don't see recently added etc).

Is it me doing something silly or do you think the shortcuts aren't working properly?

Same thing after updating from 1.0.0 to 1.2.4. After a couple of hours reseting and adding widgets still not working :/.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-21

If you've been fiddling around for a while I'd suggest resetting the menu and starting again.

I did try running through the process by installing Kodi on my MBP and it worked out ok on the TV section but not Movie lol

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-08-21

And you're adding all your widgets like this?

(2015-08-03, 09:32)Hitcher Wrote: Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Customise Home Menu > Customise Submenu #1

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-21

Yes I am. Does it matter what view type is used Hitcher?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-08-21

Shouldn't do, I've tested them all. Note: the widgets are currently associated with the main lists' item number and not it's actual name.