Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Oath - 2015-09-01

(2015-09-01, 02:10)stoshua Wrote: Can't wait for more work to go into this, 1.24 is puuuuuure garbage to get to work.

In what way is it puuuuuure garbage?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - stoshua - 2015-09-01

I didn't say the skin is garbage,
I said its garbage on what you have to do to get it to work.
All of his previous work worked great on the first try, this one not so much.
And clearly I wasn't the only one with issues if the past 5 pages is people having trouble.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-09-01

Unfortunately it's been a victim of requests for more customisation which have come at a price.

I have a new idea for the home screen layouts but it will require a complete rewrite, which is a huge task, and I'm currently taking a much needed break from this skin.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Mikewave - 2015-09-01

Hey Hitcher when your off your well needs break from this skin could you use $INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)] for tv show epiosdes rather than icon for the widgets. Make it easier to see what show it is on the main screen.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - cozzyman - 2015-09-01

Hi sorry if this has been asked b4 im new to kodi
and put it on my firestick and have now put FTV
skin on as well as seen it in action and liked it
but now there a shit load of setting up, is there
such a thing as a full set up skin to put into
kodi or a settings file that will have the live tv
set up and genesis intergrated into ftv?

if so can someone send/direct me to it?

thanks

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Dark_dude - 2015-09-01

(2015-09-01, 19:12)Hitcher Wrote: Unfortunately it's been a victim of requests for more customisation which have come at a price.

I have a new idea for the home screen layouts but it will require a complete rewrite, which is a huge task, and I'm currently taking a much needed break from this skin.

I think you did a great job. I'm still using version 1.0.0 without issues. I see no need for an update right now.
LiveTV would be a reason through. Take your break. I will patiently wait.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Jindo - 2015-09-02

When i download skin.ftv-master-1.zip from first page link, addon.xml load <import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="0.4.0"/> that cause the problem - 0.4.5 is latest and it`s ok.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - imadunatic - 2015-09-02

Does anyone know how to manually refresh the widgets? Mine occasionally get outdated on the home screen and I'd like to trigger a refresh.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - shahinfarcry - 2015-09-02

hi everyone. i need help on ftv skin. I added few sub-menu but only the 1st sub-menu shows up. please help.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-09-02

(2015-09-02, 14:25)imadunatic Wrote: Does anyone know how to manually refresh the widgets? Mine occasionally get outdated on the home screen and I'd like to trigger a refresh.

Only way to refresh is to restart Kodi

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Skribbler1 - 2015-09-03

Or select a different skin and when it asks to confirm the change select no. That works well as a skin refresh too.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - eskay993 - 2015-09-03

Or map reloadskin() to the Exit submenu within skin settings Smile

I've only noticed widgets stop updating when it's related to an addon, for example. Latest Trailers from HD Trailers not loading. Any submenus after that fail to load and updates stop. Sounds like an addon issue more than a skin issue to me though.

EDIT: Of course, if you are using a keyboard, or a remote with lots of buttons, you can map reloadskin() to any key or button. For me i use a fire tv remote, so I put reload skin in the Exit menu.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - shahinfarcry - 2015-09-04

(2015-09-03, 17:05)eskay993 Wrote: Or map reloadskin() to the Exit submenu within skin settings Smile

I've only noticed widgets stop updating when it's related to an addon, for example. Latest Trailers from HD Trailers not loading. Any submenus after that fail to load and updates stop. Sounds like an addon issue more than a skin issue to me though.

EDIT: Of course, if you are using a keyboard, or a remote with lots of buttons, you can map reloadskin() to any key or button. For me i use a fire tv remote, so I put reload skin in the Exit menu.

hi i need help on ftv skin. I added few sub-menu but only the 1st sub-menu loading. please help

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - bakito - 2015-09-04

I seem to have some trouble for the playlist option like repeat all etc... I can ´t see which option is set on or off it is quite confusing...
Am'I the only one? If so, what did I did wrong?
Thanks

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - BobCratchett - 2015-09-05

For those having issues with the widgets (as selected via the submenu's), have you taken into account Hitcher's requirement of the latest Git version of script.skinshortcuts? And Hitcher, have you seen the latest changes to the skin shortcuts script, particularly custom groupings ("Advanced Usage.txt", section "Overrides.xml", part 15 - particularly the "widget-grouping") - should let you allow users to only access shortcuts which can actually be used as a widget and, as it's part of overrides.xml, is customisable if there's anything missing by default.

And, more importantly, the latest script.skinshortcuts should be available on the repo in the next few days Smile