Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: Release fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Ddmorris1971 - 2015-09-05

I love this skin. Awesome work brother! It's simple enough for the wife- feature rich and easy to nav. Thank you! I sincerely hope you get enough support to place this in repo and keep it updated.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-09-08

Hitcher - Didn't see you comment on this; would like to know what you meant as I still seek Unicode support with this skin. Thanks again and wishing you a happy rest!

(2015-08-18, 17:00)springroll Wrote: Hitcher - could you explain to me what it means? Thanks!

(2015-08-14, 21:23)springroll Wrote: Whoah! Does it mean once this makes its way into Kodi's next release, you just have to update fonts.xml to take advantage of this and the world will be even more awesome?

(2015-08-14, 20:51)Hitcher Wrote: https://github.com/Paxxi/xbmc/commit/402d11f75120d049589186b47362897d6ea3448c Big Grin

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-09-08

It will mean I don't have to use an ugly hack to use Light and Bold fonts in the same textbox.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-09-08

looking forward to your next update that will take advantage of this then!
I'm sure this is happy news for you too - making the code a lot simpler.

(2015-09-08, 21:49)Hitcher Wrote: It will mean I don't have to use an ugly hack to use Light and Bold fonts in the same textbox.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - imadunatic - 2015-09-12

Is there any way for this to support regional date codes? I would prefer my international short date format to be "month/day/year", but it appears this skin will only read "year/month/day" format.

Am I just missing a setting somewhere?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Mikewave - 2015-09-12

Hey Hitcher, would i be able to get the list of view id codes from you?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - ssh_reconnect - 2015-09-13

(2015-09-12, 14:07)Mikewave Wrote: Hey Hitcher, would i be able to get the list of view id codes from you?

+1

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-09-13

50 = Square - Addons, Artists, Albums, Pictures
51 = Wide - TV shows, Seasons
52 = Wide - Episodes
53 = Poster - Movies, TV shows, Seasons
54 = List - Songs
55 = Wide - Addon content, Pictures
56 = Square - Addon content, Pictures
57 = Poster - Addon content, Pictures

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Mikewave - 2015-09-14

I was wondering if you can add the list view to the movie tv and addon section too

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - workstation - 2015-09-18

(2015-08-24, 19:25)workstation Wrote: Hello my English is very bad, sorry.
My name is Roland and I am from Germany.
Is it possible to get more submenus? Since there are only 8, of which only 6 are displayed on the home screen, and I need 18 (for 18 genres).
This is the best skin I've ever seen. Good Job.

no one has an idea?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - workstation - 2015-09-19

I've now got it himself.
20 submenus (widgets), of which I need 18th
It works by outstanding, but it was a lot of work.
Per menu I can now create up to 20 sub-menus (widgets).

watch gallery

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Route6 - 2015-09-21

I created a documentaries smart list and set it to the widgets sub menu and it worked great the first time. I wanted to follow up with a top 250 and a horror but now I only get 5 submenus for movies. Its the same on both aftvs and restarting/resetting gives the same result. Sorry. I'm really uncertain which version of the skin I have. Last month sometime I downloaded the master zip plus skin shortcuts and toolbox, but not sure how to check. Can I assume those links in the OP will give me the newest versions?

Of course I'm making the jump that that's the issue...any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit--simple enough to figure out what version I'm running. Everything appears up to date except skin shortcuts so I'll try updating that first. If this is going to leave no where please let me know what I can try next. Thanks again.

Update__didn't work. None of my widgets stuck and now when I select "video library" I don't get the usual choices like your movies, recently updated etc. Instead I get play lists, video add-ons, sources.
At this point I'd just like to downgrade to an older version maybe. It'd be nice to use the extra sub menus but it doesn't seem to work like it did before. I'd be happy with the original 8.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Route6 - 2015-09-21

After reading the thread, I see this seems to be a common problem with no clear solution.
The last issue I mentioned above somehow resolved itself but now only the first 4 appear to be changeable on the home screen, and top 250 Playlist doesn't appear no matter where I insert it.
This probably means nothing but I notice in the file system under add-ons there's both a skin. ftv and a folder for skin. Master. Same goes for shortcuts and toolbox. What would happen if we deleted the master folders or vice versa. Never noticed this before and since all my devices run ftv skin I have nothing to compare it to.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-09-21

Delete the non-master ones and then remove the -master part of the name.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Route6 - 2015-09-22

(2015-09-21, 18:21)Hitcher Wrote: Delete the non-master ones and then remove the -master part of the name.

Wow. That was a random lucky shot in the dark. Thanks!