Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - optics - 2015-10-25

(2015-10-17, 21:07)optics Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 17:36)Ayla Wrote: fTV still looks terrible on the Nvidia Shield. Shadows are all wrong, any ideas?

I see this problem too. But only on my 1080P TVs. On my 4K TVs and my Mac, the shadows look correct.

The shadows (or dark squares in this case) are only behind the text and jacket art widgets on the home menu. But after the fan art (wallpaper) draws on a particular screen, then the shadows look correct.

So from my testing, the problem is only with this skin, in those locations, on 1080P TVs. I am running v2.1 of nVidia Shield software.

This is still an issue in the latest FTV skin github build (2.2.10) and the latest Jarvis Android ARM nightly (20151025-3e083db).

One additional thing I see, however, is that the problems with the blocky shadow rendering behind the menu items/jacket art goes away after you play a video.

Is this something related to an initial colorspace setting at a particular refresh rate/resolution?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-10-25

Have you checked the system video settings as there's a dither option now?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - stressfrei - 2015-10-26

Thanks a lot eskay993 Smile
I'm just back home by the end of the week, write to you as soon as I have tested it!
wanted to write you a pm, but always get an error when I click on your name
"You do not have permission to access this page".....

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-10-27

I think you need to have made more posts before you can PM anyone.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - JeffreyVeh - 2015-10-27

SpinzTV has made a community build using the skin.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - furii - 2015-10-27

(2015-10-27, 02:32)JeffreyVeh Wrote: SpinzTV has made a community build using the skin.

and by community build you mean they stole hitcher's work and are passing it off as their own. exactly the kind of shit that makes skinners quit. great.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-10-27

I guess that's why I've had an influx of YouTube followers the last few days. Sad

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Deezel - 2015-10-27

oh wow.. well i was going to create a build as well using this skin.. but if it's going to cause heartache i suppose i should rethink this.
Is there any reason why it shouldn't be used?
or.....
what steps does one ( me ) need to take to go ahead and creat a community ( free ) build using your skin?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Vultures - 2015-10-27

First of all thanks for great skin and hard work, looks sharp and seamless on my fire tv. Second, I'm sorry for not so bright question that has been asked multiple times, but is there a chance to make international symbols work? It's been "No", but things change, don't they?
Can you recommend a quick dirty fix perhaps?
Also would you consider supporting this:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow#How_to_use_this_addon
Thanks again

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Vultures - 2015-10-27

And one more thing: when I add a submenu to Music (as Music Library > Sources > [Source, nfs folder] > Create shortcut here) I get really strange sorting, it's neither name nor date, and completely random items on first positions, when I hit OK or right arrow the source opens with correct sorting and different items. Is there a way to have it sorted by name?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Ask unknown - 2015-10-28

No one is steeling hitchers work . furii is taking it to a hole new level its just an addon to install hitchers wonderful work to the kodi community with extra addons installed on the home screen that's all

still like your work hitch keep up the good work.. will we see an ATV hitch Wink

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Vultures - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-27, 22:05)Vultures Wrote: Second, I'm sorry for not so bright question that has been asked multiple times, but is there a chance to make international symbols work? It's been "No", but things change, don't they?
Can you recommend a quick dirty fix perhaps?

In the meantime I made my own dirty fix for Thai language by sort of matching fonts. Typeface is close enough, but mapping font sizes is... painful, and without debug labels it wouldn't be possible at all, so once again kudos to Hitcher.
Anyway, if anyone needs workaround for Thai, I sort of have it. Thumbnails are clickable:

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-10-28

Added Arial font support Wink

That's in Jarvis, right? Because I'm still on Isengard...

Installation on Jarvis Alpha 3 fails with this error:
Quote:ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.ftv]: The dependency on skin.ftv version 1.0.0 could not be satisfied.