Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV - sualfred - 2015-12-20

Ah, great! Thanks.
A .psd would be better but there was one, which fits perfectly.

RE: fTV - nikicampos - 2015-12-24

Hi, any way to change the Favourites view from square to poster, I tried costumize submenu and adding the widget "favourites" and selecting poster view, but it doesn't change that.

RE: fTV - fezsteve888 - 2015-12-27

Hi,

Is it possible to add thumbnails to music smart playlists with this skin?

I've created a .jpg with the same name as the .xsp, but it doesn't appear.

Thanks!

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2015-12-28

There's your answer then Wink

RE: fTV - jdig4240 - 2015-12-28

Submenus?
So am i doing something wrong, or is it true there is a limit of how many submenus I can use?? It seems there is a limit of 8 submenus?? Seems I can add as many main menu items as i want but after 8 menu items the submenus are blacked out.Image

RE: fTV - jdig4240 - 2015-12-28

(2015-12-28, 21:34)jdig4240 Wrote: Submenus?
So am i doing something wrong, or is it true there is a limit of how many submenus I can use?? It seems there is a limit of 8 submenus?? Seems I can add as many main menu items as i want but after 8 menu items the submenus are blacked out.Image
Somebodys gotta know the answer for this

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2015-12-28

Yes, it's limited as they're hard-coded.

RE: fTV - jdig4240 - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-28, 23:22)Hitcher Wrote: Yes, it's limited as they're hard-coded.

Dam, that sucks, thanks!

RE: fTV - jdig4240 - 2015-12-29

OMG, I love this skin, too bad the bugs are driving me nuts!!
Bugs so far:
-Moving menu items up and down does not move the submenus as well
-Menu items dont match up to what it shows in the skin settings.
-Colored text from addons looks distorted
-Unlimited home menu items, but only 8 submenus allowed.
-Looking forward to more development wuth this skin.
Question, does the Jarvis version fix any of these bugs??

RE: fTV - User 287160 - 2015-12-29

@Hitcher Still love it and use it every day. But 1 question, is there a possibility to add different views for the submenu's like the real fire tv homescreen? That would be so sweet. Like upper row squares, the row underneath poster view, and underneath the landscape view.

fTV - iRubin - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 12:23)bartzaalberg Wrote: Still love it and use it every day. But 1 question, is there a possibility to add different views for the submenu's like the real fire tv homescreen? That would be so sweet. Like upper row squares, the row underneath poster view, and underneath the landscape view.

This would be great!!!

RE: fTV - eskay993 - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 02:30)jdig4240 Wrote: OMG, I love this skin, too bad the bugs are driving me nuts!!
Bugs so far:
-Moving menu items up and down does not move the submenus as well
-Menu items dont match up to what it shows in the skin settings.
-Colored text from addons looks distorted
-Unlimited home menu items, but only 8 submenus allowed.
-Looking forward to more development wuth this skin.
Question, does the Jarvis version fix any of these bugs??

Actually none of those are bugs per say Smile

Menu items are not linked to the submenu. You have to match the order manually so if you move a menu item, the submenus will be out of "sync". This is a limitation in the skinning engine / skin shortcuts addon.

Coloured text issue is fixed in Jarvis. Again limitation in the old skinning engine, which Hitcher did a great job working with the kodi devs to get support added to Jarvis.

Hitcher answered why we only have 8 submenus a few posts back (personally thats more than enough for me). Someone on this forum has created a new version with more sub menus (a few pages back).

RE: fTV - eskay993 - 2015-12-29

@Hitcher

Still loving this skin! I haven't stuck to a skin this long since Frodo days Big Grin

Two request - one small, one slightly less small Smile

1 - When a video is buffering, the video just pauses which confuses novice users. What do you reckon about adding some text below the pause icon to say "Buffering XX%" so peeps don't think the video has just randomly paused, and they get a sense of how long to wait.

2 - It has been mentioned before but at the time was not a priority. What do you think about adding a list view for addons similar to the list view you use for songs? Would this be a lot of work to adapt the song list view to work for addons? Many add-ons just works so much better in list view.

Thanks Hitcher. I know you're focusing on another skin for now, but thought I would ask.

Cheers

RE: fTV - thy1225 - 2015-12-30

need some help here with setting up the home menu~
when editing the submenu and try to change the view type from "square info" to "poster"
it always gave me the error "Toolbox Script error - Check the log for more information"
any one know how to fix this ?
Thanks Smile

video here: https://goo.gl/photos/9Aky9nPiHvPEJtKL8
screenshot:

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2015-12-30

There's a clue in the message - "Check the log for more information". Wink