Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV - Rantanplan-1 - 2016-01-05

HaHa!

Found the "Bug" (at least the one which toggles the Mousesetting.)

PHP Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service) + System.GetBool(input.enablemouse)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=input.enablemouse)</onload

From my Point of View Skins shouldnt be alowd to toggle Systemsettings! (i've set them for a Reason.)

I would at least ask the User for permission, before letting the Skin do such things.
(I knew its just a Alpha/Beta so you may already had a custom Window in mind, but guess this could confuse others the way it is now, and of course, its your Skin, so your free to do what ever you like.

As long as something like this is just Skin related, i may wouldnt care, but i personal use other Skins to.

A other solution would be to try to get the actual Setting (reading it) before mess with them, and restore them by leafing the FTv Skin.

RE: fTV - sualfred - 2016-01-05

It's used to prevent loops and issues with the preloading triggers.
In my point of view, EACH skin should have a forced boolean condition to disable/enable the mouse. I stopped counting how many issues were reported for skins, which aren't designed for mouse usage.

RE: fTV - User 287160 - 2016-01-05

Super Awesome! Gonna check out the different list view screen tonight! That was the last thing i was missing from this skin.

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-01-05

(2016-01-05, 08:49)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: HaHa!

Found the "Bug" (at least the one which toggles the Mousesetting.)

PHP Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service) + System.GetBool(input.enablemouse)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=input.enablemouse)</onload

From my Point of View Skins shouldnt be alowd to toggle Systemsettings! (i've set them for a Reason.)

I would at least ask the User for permission, before letting the Skin do such things.
(I knew its just a Alpha/Beta so you may already had a custom Window in mind, but guess this could confuse others the way it is now, and of course, its your Skin, so your free to do what ever you like.

As long as something like this is just Skin related, i may wouldnt care, but i personal use other Skins to.

A other solution would be to try to get the actual Setting (reading it) before mess with them, and restore them by leafing the FTv Skin.

On further thought I should probably remove them and instead just load the home screen as before if a mouse is enabled. At the same time though I'm going to remove the 'Hide mouse warning' setting.

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-01-05

Next Aired finally gets a Fire TV makeover.

watch gallery

RE: fTV - nikicampos - 2016-01-05

(2015-12-24, 20:11)nikicampos Wrote: Hi, any way to change the Favourites view from square to poster, I tried costumize submenu and adding the widget "favourites" and selecting poster view, but it doesn't change that.

(2016-01-05, 06:25)nikicampos Wrote: Hi, any way to downgrade to 2.2.20, yesterday I installed 2.4.0 and my firetv stick keeps crashing, it worked perfect with the previous version.

Thanks

Any help on this two I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

RE: fTV - Rantanplan-1 - 2016-01-05

(2016-01-05, 19:49)Hitcher Wrote: On further thought I should probably remove them and instead just load the home screen as before if a mouse is enabled. At the same time though I'm going to remove the 'Hide mouse warning' setting.

Or at least it should be asked for permission imho. (Custom Dialog)

Image someone try this Skin acidentaly on a Touch device, guess someone wouldnt be verrry Happy.

Or someone noticed that the "all Items"-Folder in his Musicsection did magicaly disapear. + have No idea that this is a Setting nor knew where to finde this setting nor what causes this issue. %**ç%ç*

In genaral im not a Fan of letting the Skin Change System settings (Simply cause them are "System"- and not "Skin"-Settings.) most if this is done without the knowledge of the User - %**ç%ç*

-

The way it is now, these System Settings are done by the Skin without letting the User knew. -> Not a god (and polite) Thing imho.

I strongly hope something like that doesnt become common.

(wouldnt be Happy if i always would have to check my system settings after trying a new Skin.)

--

At last i would prefere a Dialog which ask for permission, and let me decide if im willing to let the Skin do these Settings.

--
old:
Image someone try this Skin acidentaly on a Touch device, guess someone wouldnt be verrry Happy.
In genaral im not a Fan of letting the Skin Change System settings (Simply cause them are "System"- and not "Skin"-Settings! (For me personal a NoGo! (sory for tell it so clear.).)
What was totaly out of my Minde, is that the Skin toggels the Setting for "all Items" in the Musicsection. So lets say you browse thru your Genres and you would like to list all Albums or all Songs from this genre, and; oh wondering where is this Folder?? Ha, - its gone. (Noone knew why and why it Happed, If the User is a lucky user, he may knew about this Setting and can reset it, + if its a Smart he recognise that the FTV Skin was the one who was responceble for this issue.
Again from my Point of view, a Skin shouldnt be alowd to mess up System Settings.
System-settings are System Settings, and Skin-settings are Skin Settings.
(Didnt finde the Time to have a look how a reset of this Systemsettings affect the Skin.)
But these Settings (cause them are System Settings) afect the way Kodi acts and all Skins.
Feels for me a bit Egocentric to decide this for all Skins - and for the User.
And best, without asking!
Sry if i sound a bit unpolite here, from my point of view its just the wrong way. Setting System Settings should belong to the User and not to the Skin.
If there is a "need" and no workaround. I would strongly recomend to ask for setting these system settings, so the User (alow, not allow). So the User knews what the Skin does, and why maybe something doesnt act as before if he switch to a other Skin.
The way it is now, these System Settings are done by the Skin without letting the User knew. -> Not a god (and polite) Thing imho.
Again, sory for this. In genaral im happy with the progress and developing of ftv Skin.
I strongly hope something like that doesnt become common.
(wouldnt be Happy if i always would have to check my system settings after trying a new Skin.)
At last i would prefere a Dialog which ask for permission, and let me decide if im willing to let the Skin do these Settings.

RE: fTV - Oath - 2016-01-05

(2016-01-05, 19:50)Hitcher Wrote: Next Aired finally gets a Fire TV makeover.

watch gallery

Awesome! Been waiting for this Smile. Good job

RE: fTV - sualfred - 2016-01-06

@Rantanplan-1 , @Hitcher:

I guess this is a good compromise:
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.ftv/commit/e32b74b1ac664159f99041b8e3b2ad5421da82c2

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-01-06

(2016-01-05, 06:25)nikicampos Wrote: Hi, any way to downgrade to 2.2.20, yesterday I installed 2.4.0 and my firetv stick keeps crashing, it worked perfect with the previous version.

Thanks

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv/archive/cf7025333dc05fe638cde9e7296378350c4be0bc.zip

(2016-01-06, 00:20)sualfred Wrote: @Rantanplan-1 , @Hitcher:

I guess this is a good compromise:
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.ftv/commit/e32b74b1ac664159f99041b8e3b2ad5421da82c2

Thanks.

(2016-01-01, 15:01)sualfred Wrote: - Headline + Info Dialog button are visible if no search results has been found.
Fixed.
(2016-01-01, 15:01)sualfred Wrote: - You forgot to add the rating labels for the episodes
I wanted to keep the lower details the same as when you're at the relevant level in the library.
(2016-01-01, 15:01)sualfred Wrote: - Minor animation glitch with "Play now" on episodes. This animation will be triggered even if the category menu is still focused.
Removed.
(2016-01-01, 15:01)sualfred Wrote: - OverlayNF isn't displayed if the category menu is focused (don't know if you want it like that)
This is intentional as that's how it's done on the Fire TV.
(2016-01-01, 15:01)sualfred Wrote: - You will get problems with the NumItems value added to the categories, if all available categories have results. This grouplist would be too long to fit in the screen. It's a very rare scenario because nobody will search for only one letter like "a" for example. But it could happen.
Will change this to the Next Aired style top menu (ie fixedlist).

I meant the labels for the ratings. The rating icon is visible, but no value.
Maybe you already fixed it, I lost the overview during the last days with all the commits of us Smile

(2016-01-06, 01:11)sualfred Wrote: I lost the overview during the last days with all the commits of us Smile

Me too. Wink

PS One small thing I noticed some of your indenting uses spaces instead of tabs - not a big deal but they get picked up when comparing the 2 skins.

Rly? I always use sublimes internal auto intending.
Which Sublime command/addon do you use for this?

Edit:
I use IndentX
--> { "keys": ["f1"], "command": "reindent", "args": {"single_line": false}},