Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV - hdmkv - 2016-02-06

(2016-02-04, 09:08)Hitcher Wrote: Or reset them.
That did the trick... thanks.

Couple other questions:
  • I'm setting up fTV skin the way I want on RPi2 using Milhouse's latest Krypton build. What is the recommended way to copy my Kodi set-up (shares, add-ons, skin settings) to Jarvis based Android TV boxes (Shield, Fire TV, and generic Android TV boxes)? I usually just use the 'Backup' programs add-on, but as the fTV skin builds for Krypton vs. Jarvis are different, was wondering what the best way is.
  • As I'm coming from Artic, where I had a 'Clean video library' custom menu item, how can I add this function in fTV skin? I tried adding it to a widget and it wouldn't show once back in the main menu.

RE: fTV - glorifiedg - 2016-02-07

Hi guys, first time I used this skin and loved it. Good job!

Problem is that on the root menu I only get movie strips for favorites. When I select series or movies the right panel stays black and nothing happens.

any ideas?

edit: using isengard

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-02-07

(2016-02-06, 19:00)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 09:08)Hitcher Wrote: Or reset them.
That did the trick... thanks.

Couple other questions:
  • I'm setting up fTV skin the way I want on RPi2 using Milhouse's latest Krypton build. What is the recommended way to copy my Kodi set-up (shares, add-ons, skin settings) to Jarvis based Android TV boxes (Shield, Fire TV, and generic Android TV boxes)? I usually just use the 'Backup' programs add-on, but as the fTV skin builds for Krypton vs. Jarvis are different, was wondering what the best way is.
  • As I'm coming from Artic, where I had a 'Clean video library' custom menu item, how can I add this function in fTV skin? I tried adding it to a widget and it wouldn't show once back in the main menu.
You could add it to the shutdown menu.
(2016-02-07, 03:25)glorifiedg Wrote: Hi guys, first time I used this skin and loved it. Good job!

Problem is that on the root menu I only get movie strips for favorites. When I select series or movies the right panel stays black and nothing happens.

any ideas?

edit: using isengard
This is for Krypton now.

RE: fTV - hdmkv - 2016-02-09

Thanks again Hitcher... your skin is terrific. Also, the 'Super Favorites' program add-on is a great help for adding folders with apps, whatever to widgets Smile.

I only have one issue... everytime my RPi2 boots up, or I go into settings and back out to home, after a few seconds the search screen just pop-ups. Why? Bit annoying as I have to hit ESC everytime this happens.

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-02-09

You're probably pressing right or select before everything's updated.

RE: fTV - hdmkv - 2016-02-09

And you would be correct again, thanks. Smile. Impatience on my part. Anyway, on a faster box, like nVidia Shield, skin w/my large local library & many add-ons runs great.

RE: fTV - Oath - 2016-02-10

(2016-02-09, 09:07)Hitcher Wrote: You're probably pressing right or select before everything's updated.

Hey Hitcher, what would I have to change in the code, in order for The FTV Krypton skin to run on the Jarvis Kodi version. When I try to install it, it says not compatible gui 5.1.1 or something.

The reason is, I want the "next aired" addon support but don't want to switch to a nightly build.

Cheers :]

RE: fTV - sualfred - 2016-02-10

(2016-02-10, 22:33)Oath Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 09:07)Hitcher Wrote: You're probably pressing right or select before everything's updated.

Hey Hitcher, what would I have to change in the code, in order for The FTV Krypton skin to run on the Jarvis Kodi version. When I try to install it, it says not compatible gui 5.1.1 or something.

The reason is, I want the "next aired" addon support but don't want to switch to a nightly build.

Cheers :]

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250862

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-02-14

Help request time.

My Fire TV has finally updated to the latest OS and with it comes some changes to the design, nothing major with the exception of the loading spinner! They've gone and changed it to this one -

So anyone out there skilled in making animated PNGs/GIFs or knwo where I can find one?

Outer dimension = 84px
Inner dimension = 68px
RGB value = fda500

Thanks.

RE: fTV - thy1225 - 2016-02-19

hi Hitcher, I might be able to help if you still need one Smile

RE: fTV - ronakg - 2016-02-21

This is a great skin, love it.

I've found only one issue so far. When I open the Kodi, the movies and tv shows posters load fine, rightly aligned etc. But then when I switch to a menu away from movies and TV shows and come back, the poster strips don't line up with top edge of the screen. There's some gap between top row of posters and edge of the screen. The 3rd screen doesn't show up fully because of this.

I'm running kodi jarvis 16 on Nexus Player.

Here's the video that shows the issue.

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-19, 19:11)thy1225 Wrote: hi Hitcher, I might be able to help if you still need one Smile
Me and sualfred have both had a go but can't get it close enough so any help would be appreciated. I realised the other day that I only really need one cycle of the bar increasing/decreasing in size as I can then simply add a rotate animation to it.

Here's the correct texture used -

The closest GIF I've found online is this -

Download link

(2016-02-21, 04:55)ronakg Wrote: This is a great skin, love it.

I've found only one issue so far. When I open the Kodi, the movies and tv shows posters load fine, rightly aligned etc. But then when I switch to a menu away from movies and TV shows and come back, the poster strips don't line up with top edge of the screen. There's some gap between top row of posters and edge of the screen. The 3rd screen doesn't show up fully because of this.

I'm running kodi jarvis 16 on Nexus Player.

Here's the video that shows the issue.
The way you see it when it first loads is incorrect as Kodi can't focus on the first item in a fixedlist when it's initially loaded, only the focus position. Once you cycle through the lists everything is lined up correctly.

RE: fTV - sualfred - 2016-02-22

(2016-02-21, 10:34)Hitcher Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 19:11)thy1225 Wrote: hi Hitcher, I might be able to help if you still need one Smile
Me and sualfred have both had a go but can't get it close enough so any help would be appreciated. I realised the other day that I only really need one cycle of the bar increasing/decreasing in size as I can then simply add a rotate animation to it.

Here's the correct texture used -

The closest GIF I've found online is this -

Download link

Tongue

Edit:
Works well if I use a black color value for the dithering, since the spinner has always the black diffuse as background. Just need to find the correct dimensions. Not very familiar with Adobe After Effects.

Edit2:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B043083BA0F1203F!25324&authkey=!AIMMrRnWnMpvpMk&ithint=folder%2cgif

That's the best I could achieve with my little AE knowledge.
Using APNG would increase the quality. But did not find a way/plugin for Photoshop yet.

RE: fTV - thy1225 - 2016-02-22

Hi Hitcher,
here's the file I created
the gif is just one cycle of it and you can add the rotation to achieve the final effect.

the size is 90x90px, the color and the size of the circle is just as you mention earlier.

download from dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vntw5d8n7klr8b5/loadingAnimation_oneCycle.gif?dl=0

RE: fTV - ghanafirst - 2016-02-22

I love this skin thanks for your great work. One question anytime I use the search on the home page I don't get any results, is there something I'm missing? if so can you please help. Thanks.