Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-08-16

No, that only affects bookmarks.

RE: fTV - optics - 2016-08-16

Thanks. With a 4K GUI, TV episode thumbnails sourced directly from 1080p videos seem relatively low resolution (compared to jacket art). I had thought your commit might resolve that. I appreciate your feedback.

RE: fTV - bryan2fast4u - 2016-09-02

Hitcher or Someone,

I'm a total noob and in need of help. I've successfully uploaded the fTV skin in my fire tv (Jarvis), followed instructions on adding home widgets, but w/o any luck. I cannot get any of the movie, shows, etc. widgets to load. Any idea?

- Bryan

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-09-02

Which version of the skin did you download?

RE: fTV - bryan2fast4u - 2016-09-05

Hitcher,

From page 1 > fTV addon download for Jarvis + all of the necessary addons. Is there an updated version? Please advice. I'm running on Jarvis 16.0

RE: fTV - Shin555 - 2016-09-05

Hi,

Fantastic skin! After a bit of fudging around I finally got the layout I wanted (with the widgets etc.) on 3 separate boxes.

Though, I have encountered a problem. Some of the TV Show widgets on one of my boxes are not showing all of a sudden. They are 'Your TV Shows' and 'Recently Updated Shows' - the ones included with the skin.

They are in the widget list, but not on the home screen, the rows just move up as though they aren't there. Any hint on how to correct this?

Using FTV (2nd Gen), with Kodi v16.0. The profile is the Master User. The Kids profile automatically logs in, and it is fine on their Profile.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, it's driving me a bit mad.

Edit: Seems to be a little bug. One of the 'New' shows added to the library could not get the TV Info from the server (TMDb) as the server timed-out. When I switched to Confluence skin, I noticed that the Show Title was blank. So I just kept trying to Refresh the Information on the show.

When I switched back to ftv skin, the widgets were there. So I can only assume from that, that the widgets don't like Titles without a name and will be excluded from the home screen wherever that Title features.

Hope that makes sense.

RE: fTV - bryan2fast4u - 2016-09-06

Hi Shin555, maybe you can help me. Where can I find an updated & comprehensive version of the fTV? With live TV, etc... Thanks!

RE: fTV - tuanna0703 - 2016-09-10

Dear Author,
Can I translate this skin to Vietnamese and change something on this skin and release it as the new version for Vietnamese?
Regards.

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-09-10

As long as you follow this it's all good -

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

RE: fTV - magico77 - 2016-09-19

Hi
First of all congratulation for your skin...simply amazing.
Maybe somebody already asked in the past: there is any way to add videoextras add-on in the file dialog of the information of the movie? Such a button that appear if there is an extras...sorry for my english...Thank you

RE: fTV - mike090682 - 2016-10-07

When I put the widgets on the screen and you go in to the widget, I have changed view to poster but the next page remains as wide. Is the away to set this as default for said widget. Thanks Mike

RE: fTV - k4kaz - 2016-10-15

My Search function never returns anything, anyone have suggestions on what may make that happen?

RE: fTV - Hitcher - 2016-10-15

Do you have items in your library that you're searching for?

RE: fTV - room312 - 2016-10-16

This is such a great skin. I can't stress it enough. The superior ability to customize and the ease of navigation is extremely impressive. I'm betting those who have never used Amazon's Fire OS on Amazon's Fire TV/Stick or just "judge" Kodi skins based on screenshots and videos will think this is a bland, no-frills skin. And they would be wrong. It's the extreme opposite. You truly need to try it out to experience it. I think it will win over most people who are on the fence or even (for whatever reason) against it (though it's kind of silly to think anyone would be "against" any Kodi skin).

Not to take away from this skin, but the praise I give is probably a testament to Amazon's own Fire OS. It makes you realize that Amazon probably has the best launcher/interface in the streaming box game (despite all the little negatives). One of those negatives of Fire OS/TV is it lacks the ability to sort/filter, which makes it harder to find "what you want." For example, if you're in the mood to watch something, but not sure what, you might find yourself arrowing through the entire Amazon Video library for several minutes. By the very nature of Kodi, you have full control over your library, and this skin brings that level of control to the Fire OS/TV interface.

One thing I truly dislike about Fire OS/TV is the lack of any sort of list view ... because I know this skin is supposed to mirror Fire OS/TV, and no list view in Fire OS/TV means no list view in this skin either. After searching this and the other fTV thread, I know a few others also regret that this skin is missing a list view. At least for me, I keep a list view for my unmanaged files, and also to see more of my files/library per screen; it helps visually navigate a little faster. The lack of a list view makes sense on Fire OS/TV, as Amazon completely manages their library for you. Not once on my Fire OS/TV have I actually felt the need for a list view, actually. However, when I know I'm browsing my own library/files on Kodi, I could not bring myself to stay with fTV. (Perhaps I need to change my behavior and move away from list views?)

That said, I still feel this is (one of) the best Kodi skin(s) available. If you have no need for a list view, then this is true perfection. Thanks for all the hard work, Hitcher! Everything you touch becomes gold!

RE: fTV - k4kaz - 2016-10-16

(2016-10-15, 16:26)Hitcher Wrote: Do you have items in your library that you're searching for?

Sorry this is a silly question, but new to Kodi. how do I know if I have items in the library. Just to let you inow the search function worked perfectily up untill 5 days ago.. so no idea where to start looking. Not sure if this is a cause, but I have "lost " my movies and tv film menu itemes.. even though they are visible in settings. Very confused

thanks

kaz