Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Kokonutcreme - 2015-05-15

Has anyone worked out how to pause a video or song yet?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-05-15

(2015-05-15, 14:59)Ayla Wrote: Congrats on the release Hitcher!

Whenever I customize a home menu shortcut, in skin settings, Kodi crashes/quits when rebuilding the skin menus.

I'm on Isengard.
Debug log will help but it sounds like the skin shortcuts script to me - make sure you are using the very latest version found here as I'm not sure if the latest changes have been added to the version found on the official repo yet.
(2015-05-15, 15:00)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Congratulations Hitcher, you're on to a winner here. Very smooth animation and navigation. Slick and professional looking skin. Will provide more in depth comments later after playing around with it further

Is Weather not added as a default menu item?

Can't create a new menu item but can edit existing items and have replaced pictures with weather. Best looking weather page I've seen on Kodi.

No problems on my setup with rebuilding skin menu after customisation

EDIT - Favourites and Global search are also missing from my default menu item list, compared to screenshots on page 1, is this intended?
Weather should show if you have an active weather addon running. And if Favourites or Global Search not there then you probably don't have the required addons installed.
(2015-05-15, 15:17)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Excuse my ignorance of the device this skin is based upon.

For onscreen controls, is there some trick to displaying the stop, pause buttons etc?

EDIT Ok I've worked out how to fast forward and rewind by using the directional arrow buttons on my keyboard and escape will stop the video from playing, but buggered if I can work out how to pause a video or song.
As this is based on the Fire TV which uses a remote you'll need the same to control it.

Love the subtlety Hitcher.

In Customise main menu items, hadn't noticed the Add button on the right hand side of the menu item. Click on Add to create a new home menu item then customise.

(2015-05-15, 15:46)Hitcher Wrote: For onscreen controls, is there some trick to displaying the stop, pause buttons etc?

EDIT Ok I've worked out how to fast forward and rewind by using the directional arrow buttons on my keyboard and escape will stop the video from playing, but buggered if I can work out how to pause a video or song.
As this is based on the Fire TV which uses a remote you'll need the same to control it.
[/quote]

Ok was wondering if that was the case, thanks for the explanation. I did have weather add-on running as when I customised existing menu item to change to weather it worked fine, nonetheless it's not a problem and suspect it won't be for anyone else.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - 3n1gm4 - 2015-05-15

Been waiting on this one for a while, totally worth it. So far it's amazing, but I believe I found one bug.

Not sure if this is just for me, but when I goto Settings -> More, the menu for weather opens.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Oath - 2015-05-15

EDIT: Nevermind you go into skin settings and enable the view type :p

I'm trying to change the tv show images and i've folllowed your guide, i'd made an image, I've made a new category called "ftv", i've add the image to that and selected it, it just keeps showing the normal view, how exactly do i change the view type to show it? do all my shows need to be changed like that before it works? Thanks

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-05-15

How do I get the cover art from Amazon Instant Video?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Rantanplan-1 - 2015-05-15

Hello Hitcher

Cool to be abel to testdrive your cool Skin!

No Idea why, but in exeption of "Addons" and "Video" i dont see any Widgets in Home.
Database got content, and by hitting "onright" it guides me to it -> Movies -> TV shows, everiting there, exept no Widgets in Home.
Bug? or do i need to Enable them anywhere, already checked the Skinsettings but didnt find a Option.

EDIT:
Ha! dat was a Funny one! after chanche the Language, the Widget magicly show up. Big GrinCool

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Stranger - 2015-05-15

When navigating recently added Episodes there isn't a direct route to the relevant items. The section simply lists the shows which have been updated and from there the user is forced to navigate within the show to find the newest episode. The obvious work around is to sort the order of the all seasons folder so the latest episode is first, but unfortunately this leaves the other season folders in a descending order. In conclusion the convenience of a recently added episodes list is lost, which isn't shocking at this stage in development. I was wondering if you are planning on improving this function in the future, or is there a limitation at play?

Thanks for the hard work.

(2015-05-15, 16:05)3n1gm4 Wrote: Been waiting on this one for a while, totally worth it. So far it's amazing, but I believe I found one bug.

Not sure if this is just for me, but when I goto Settings -> More, the menu for weather opens.
Are you using Isengard?
(2015-05-15, 16:18)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: How do I get the cover art from Amazon Instant Video?
See first post.
(2015-05-15, 16:35)Stranger Wrote: When navigating recently added Episodes there isn't a direct route to the relevant items. The section simply lists the shows which have been updated and from there the user is forced to navigate within the show to find the newest episode. The obvious work around is to sort the order of the all seasons folder so the latest episode is first, but unfortunately this leaves the other season folders in a descending order. In conclusion the convenience of a recently added episodes list is lost, which isn't shocking at this stage in development. I was wondering if you are planning on improving this function in the future, or is there a limitation at play?

Thanks for the hard work.
It's actually called 'Recently Updated TV Shows'.Wink

What you really need to do is use the new Kodi functions 'Select first unwatched TV show season/episode' and 'Include All Seasons and Specials' so the first unwatched episode is always focused. This is exactly how the Fire TV does it by the way.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - backard - 2015-05-15

Thanks for the great skin.

A few bugs

I'm using an android box and when I change the volume up or down the stock android volume slider comes up as well as the skin version .

I know this skin is designed for remote and I use a remote but on my box the OK/select button is also play/pause . So at the moment there is no way to stop anything playing . I'm not sure if this is the same on all android box's .

(2015-05-15, 17:29)backard Wrote: I'm using an android box and when I change the volume up or down the stock android volume slider comes up as well as the skin version .
Missed adding passthough, thanks.
(2015-05-15, 17:29)backard Wrote: I know this skin is designed for remote and I use a remote but on my box the OK/select button is also play/pause . So at the moment there is no way to stop anything playing . I'm not sure if this is the same on all android box's .
Pause or map back to stop video as per first post.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - backard - 2015-05-15

There is no pause or stop button on the remote .
Does anyone know if a windows media centre remote will work on android ? I can't find any info .

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - joeyd2424 - 2015-05-15

Love ittttt! Thanks hitcher! It appears to be working fine on spmc helix as well. I don't know if it was intended to but I'm quite pleased with today. Another thanks to hitcher for making my venture to work an almost excitable one.

fTV (Isengard only) - danofun - 2015-05-15

For HDHomeRun users, their LiveTV addon is a great solution for those looking to add Live TV capabilities without PVR (for now..) to this skin.

@Hitcher, Your efforts are greatly appreciated! The user experience is off the charts. Fantastic work and spot on port/rewrite!