Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Skribbler1 - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-17, 23:41)akhems Wrote: Is the any way to do the following:

I have created a custom Menu on the left called "Live TV".
How can i make it so when i select it, to the right of it it shows the contents of a super favorites or Categories favorites folder?

Titan media browser skin has this option. It was my skin of choice until now. And once this skin has customisable home widgets it will be the ultimate!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - alcisternas - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-17, 00:00)clayfree Wrote:
(2015-05-16, 23:48)Kylerphillips Wrote: Is there a written guide to install this on Amazon Fire TV itself?

Thanks

Kyler

I just used the Amazon Fire TV Utility App to upgrade to Kodi 15 Beta 1 then installed the skin from a zip file. Works beautifully!

Hi Clayfree, when you say "then installed the skin from a zip file", you mean Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to skin.ftv.zip? Because I'm doing that but I had the message "Failed to install a dependency".

Thanks.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Edworld - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 02:40)alcisternas Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 00:00)clayfree Wrote:
(2015-05-16, 23:48)Kylerphillips Wrote: Is there a written guide to install this on Amazon Fire TV itself?

Thanks

Kyler

I just used the Amazon Fire TV Utility App to upgrade to Kodi 15 Beta 1 then installed the skin from a zip file. Works beautifully!

Hi Clayfree, when you say "then installed the skin from a zip file", you mean Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to skin.ftv.zip? Because I'm doing that but I had the message "Failed to install a dependency".

Thanks.

Do you have isengard installed or Helix? Not sure if it works with Helix

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - deletedpenguin - 2015-05-18

^ You'll get a 'dependencies not met' error on Helix.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - alcisternas - 2015-05-18

Thanks for the reply guys but I just install today kodi-15.0-Isengard_beta1-armeabi-v7a.apk, and by the way the download link on the first page is pointed a corrupted file. I try a lot but finally have to download from a mirror.

Regards.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 05:28)alcisternas Wrote: Thanks for the reply guys but I just install today kodi-15.0-Isengard_beta1-armeabi-v7a.apk, and by the way the download link on the first page is pointed a corrupted file. I try a lot but finally have to download from a mirror.

Regards.

Really? No-one else has reported any problems with it.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - wonneil - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-17, 23:05)Gauduchon Wrote: With the "Amazon Fire TV Utility App" being windows only, could someone explain how to install the zip file using adbFire,I would really like to give this skin a try out.
Thanks in advance.

You just need to 'Push' the zip file to the 'sd card' location using adbfire, then you can install via Kodi's Install from zip file...

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - eskay993 - 2015-05-18

Thanks for the reply Hitcher.

(2015-05-16, 16:36)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-05-16, 11:49)eskay993 Wrote: 1. BUG: When using "Group movies in sets" setting within kodi, movie are displayed in sets correctly when you navigate to "Your Movies". But navigating into a movie set then backing up, movies are no longer grouped in sets.
Kodi bug I think, try another skin and see if it behaves the same way.

Confirmed - it is an issue with beta 1. Latest nightly apparently fixes this.

(2015-05-16, 11:49)eskay993 Wrote: 3. Suggestion: When viewing streaming content, it would be great to see how much of the video is buffered within the seekbar. I know this is not part of ftv interface, but is this something you would consider?
There is one but I probably need to adjust the colour so it shows up a bit more.

I see it now. But it only appeared once for me. I'll need to test it further.

(2015-05-16, 11:49)eskay993 Wrote: 4. Suggestion: Not sure if this is even possible or just a limitation of the specific addons. Some addons are difficult to navigate since they are designed for posters, but the skin displays them as thumb/square icons, and vice versa. Also some addons don't do a good job of picking good posters/icons. Would be great if for addons, you can chose whether to display poster or thumb view on a case by case and be able to toggle on/off the title across the icon. Here are some examples:

USTV VoD defaults to poster view. Would be nice to change to thumb for this addon AND have it display the title on the icon, like regular addons do.

For HD-Trailer.net, it's the opposite. It defaulted to thumb views, and posters would be preferable.
This is a problem where addons set their content as say 'movies' but the images are actually 'episode' aspect ratio.

Is there any way round this? How does the skin decide which view to use?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Kokonutcreme - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-17, 17:56)Edworld Wrote: Hitcher:

Under movies, top rated movies, what do I need to change to show IMDB top250, all 250, not just the top 25?

Is it an option for the skin to add more submenu's under movies? ls it something I find in the menu without modding the skin

Thanks

Its just a custom playlist. Enter the top rated category and enter context menu to edit playlist. Change number of items from 25 to what you want. You can edit any of those home menu playlists for Movies and TV Shows.

I know you can add another home menu item but not sure about adding another playlist option under Movies category without editing home.xml file

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - ales100i - 2015-05-18

Love the skin. Brilliant. One question, do you plan on adding a posibility to change font. I know you said it only works for english, but the only problem with changing language, is that font for the skin does not support special region specific characters. Everything else works.
For me the problem is not that i have menus in english, but if i have the app set to english, than subtitles for my language do not show correctly.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Skribbler1 - 2015-05-18

Hmm i wonder if anyone else is having this problem.
When I press right on a menu item, for example movies. It then highlights 'Comedy Movies' etc, which is fine. And after I press right again it takes me into the correct subcategory library but the first movie is skipped and the second movie is automatically highlighted instead. And this happens with tv shows, favourites, music and everything else actually. The first time I enter into a subcategory it works fine but it continually happens after that.

*Edit* I just realised that it is a feature of the skin. When any item is highlighted in a subcategory and I press back, and enter Into the subcategory again it shows the next item. However if I scroll back to the beginning of the subcategory and exit it by pressing left, the next time I enter into it the second item will always be highlighted instead of the first.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Wunderwally - 2015-05-18

I really have to say this skin is absolutely fantastic Hitcher! It's fast, clean, easy to use und looks amazing! (Even my girlfriend likes itBig Grin)

The only thing i changed/added to the homemenu are subcategories for unwatched Movies/TV Shows and i changed the shortcut for apps (now points to and shows Video-Addons).

Really great skin!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - dimaceti - 2015-05-18

Fantastic work Hitcher! Definetely worth the wait.

I have one small bug on my system. When I am scrolling through the episodes of a tv show the air date is not displayed correctly. Meaning that it just shows the day (e.g. '27') and not the month and year. Any idea what might cause that behavior?

CHeers!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 09:56)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-05-16, 11:49)eskay993 Wrote: 4. Suggestion: Not sure if this is even possible or just a limitation of the specific addons. Some addons are difficult to navigate since they are designed for posters, but the skin displays them as thumb/square icons, and vice versa. Also some addons don't do a good job of picking good posters/icons. Would be great if for addons, you can chose whether to display poster or thumb view on a case by case and be able to toggle on/off the title across the icon. Here are some examples:

USTV VoD defaults to poster view. Would be nice to change to thumb for this addon AND have it display the title on the icon, like regular addons do.

For HD-Trailer.net, it's the opposite. It defaulted to thumb views, and posters would be preferable.
This is a problem where addons set their content as say 'movies' but the images are actually 'episode' aspect ratio.

Is there any way round this? How does the skin decide which view to use?
The skin uses posters for movies, TV shows, and seasons; landscape for episodes, and addons, albums, songs, etc are square.
Currently being discussed here.
(2015-05-18, 11:51)ales100i Wrote: Love the skin. Brilliant. One question, do you plan on adding a posibility to change font. I know you said it only works for english, but the only problem with changing language, is that font for the skin does not support special region specific characters. Everything else works.
For me the problem is not that i have menus in english, but if i have the app set to english, than subtitles for my language do not show correctly.
No font options, sorry. Although subtitles shouldn't be using the skins fonts.
(2015-05-18, 12:39)Skribbler1 Wrote: Hmm i wonder if anyone else is having this problem.
When I press right on a menu item, for example movies. It then highlights 'Comedy Movies' etc, which is fine. And after I press right again it takes me into the correct subcategory library but the first movie is skipped and the second movie is automatically highlighted instead. And this happens with tv shows, favourites, music and everything else actually. The first time I enter into a subcategory it works fine but it continually happens after that.

*Edit* I just realised that it is a feature of the skin. When any item is highlighted in a subcategory and I press back, and enter Into the subcategory again it shows the next item. However if I scroll back to the beginning of the subcategory and exit it by pressing left, the next time I enter into it the second item will always be highlighted instead of the first.
Sounds to me like you're not using Isengard.
(2015-05-18, 14:17)dimaceti Wrote: Fantastic work Hitcher! Definetely worth the wait.

I have one small bug on my system. When I am scrolling through the episodes of a tv show the air date is not displayed correctly. Meaning that it just shows the day (e.g. '27') and not the month and year. Any idea what might cause that behavior?

CHeers!
The date format needs to be dd/mm/yyyy so check your Kodi settings.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - clayfree - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 03:49)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 02:40)alcisternas Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 00:00)clayfree Wrote: I just used the Amazon Fire TV Utility App to upgrade to Kodi 15 Beta 1 then installed the skin from a zip file. Works beautifully!

Thanks.

Do you have isengard installed or Helix? Not sure if it works with Helix

OK here is how I upgraded my fire TV's from 14.XX using the Amazon Fire TV Utility App.

1. Download the Android ARM Isengard (recommended for this skin)15.0 beta1.
2. Download Hitchers ftv skin
3. In the FTV Utility App: side load 3rd party app and select the 15.0 beta1. It wrote over my 14.0 install and kept all the settings.
4. Install the skin (Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to skin.ftv.zip). I placed the zip file on an accessible network drive. This take about 5 minutes to load so be patient until the dialog pops up asking to switch to the new skin.
5. Using the Fire TV Utility App load an alternate key map file. This allows you to quit video using the back button on your Fire TV remote (I'm using V3). It also adds some nice features to the remote buttons.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: from reading the other comments Adbfire will for OSX users. Both of the apps are full featured and I use them both.