Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: Release fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Gauduchon - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 09:53)wonneil Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 23:05)Gauduchon Wrote: With the "Amazon Fire TV Utility App" being windows only, could someone explain how to install the zip file using adbFire,I would really like to give this skin a try out.
Thanks in advance.

You just need to 'Push' the zip file to the 'sd card' location using adbfire, then you can install via Kodi's Install from zip file...

Many thanks Wonneil, that looks a much better option for me !

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - mezdev - 2015-05-18

Just to let you know I have this working on a Pi and Firestick running Helix uploaded via zip from laptop ( enable sharing on network).
Only ending playback ( not pause) seems an issue ...... not a complaint I like this a lot thanks.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - dimaceti - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 17:45)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 14:17)dimaceti Wrote: Fantastic work Hitcher! Definetely worth the wait.

I have one small bug on my system. When I am scrolling through the episodes of a tv show the air date is not displayed correctly. Meaning that it just shows the day (e.g. '27') and not the month and year. Any idea what might cause that behavior?

CHeers!
The date format needs to be dd/mm/yyyy so check your Kodi settings.

Thanks! Works fine now.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - clayfree - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 18:41)mezdev Wrote: Just to let you know I have this working on a Pi and Firestick running Helix uploaded via zip from laptop ( enable sharing on network).
Only ending playback ( not pause) seems an issue ...... not a complaint I like this a lot thanks.

I had the same issue ending playback on Fire TV. The skin is designed for a remote with a stop button. If you want to use a fire TV remote load one of the alternate key map files and "back" will stop video playback.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - mezdev - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 22:41)clayfree Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 18:41)mezdev Wrote: Just to let you know I have this working on a Pi and Firestick running Helix uploaded via zip from laptop ( enable sharing on network).

I had the same issue ending playback on Fire TV. The skin is designed for a remote with a stop button. If you want to use a fire TV remote load one of the alternate key map files and "back" will stop video playback.

thanks for info ...very pleased it works as well as it does so far.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Japaja - 2015-05-18

"ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=similarmovies&&dbid=9138"

Always get this error from extended info script. And why would TV shows similar titles be movie titles instead other TV shows?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - amediauser - 2015-05-18

Hello, a few initial bugs I have encountered, I am using the latest 0.9.1 from GitHub with Kodi nightly.

1. The mpaa/r.png rating isn't being used in the skin and doesn't display anything for movies with that rating.

2. The "o" codec info overlay isn't displaying the sync to screen information see http://kodi.wiki/view/codecinfo when the sync playback to display option is enabled.

3. There is no indicator for 3D movies, could you add an Overlay3D.png, I guess Amazon don't offer any 3D content.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - alcisternas - 2015-05-19

(2015-05-18, 08:07)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 05:28)alcisternas Wrote: Thanks for the reply guys but I just install today kodi-15.0-Isengard_beta1-armeabi-v7a.apk, and by the way the download link on the first page is pointed a corrupted file. I try a lot but finally have to download from a mirror.

Regards.

Really? No-one else has reported any problems with it.

Sorry Hitcher, my mistake.... I was opening another link, in another page... in another world.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - alcisternas - 2015-05-19

(2015-05-18, 18:15)clayfree Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 03:49)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 02:40)alcisternas Wrote: Hi Clayfree, when you say "then installed the skin from a zip file", you mean Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to skin.ftv.zip? Because I'm doing that but I had the message "Failed to install a dependency".

Thanks.

Do you have isengard installed or Helix? Not sure if it works with Helix

OK here is how I upgraded my fire TV's from 14.XX using the Amazon Fire TV Utility App.

1. Download the Android ARM Isengard (recommended for this skin)15.0 beta1.
2. Download Hitchers ftv skin
3. In the FTV Utility App: side load 3rd party app and select the 15.0 beta1. It wrote over my 14.0 install and kept all the settings.
4. Install the skin (Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to skin.ftv.zip). I placed the zip file on an accessible network drive. This take about 5 minutes to load so be patient until the dialog pops up asking to switch to the new skin.
5. Using the Fire TV Utility App load an alternate key map file. This allows you to quit video using the back button on your Fire TV remote (I'm using V3). It also adds some nice features to the remote buttons.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: from reading the other comments Adbfire will for OSX users. Both of the apps are full featured and I use them both.

Thanks for the detailed steps Clayfree, but I'm still getting the same error. I will unistall all and try from the begining.

Regards.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Route6 - 2015-05-19

Loving this skin. Everyone in the house is navigating with ease (unusual for kodi).

I just have a few more comments/questions

Anyone else notice not all movies in library have a watch trailer option? Is this issue just on my end?

Is there a way to set the movies screen to genres instead of kids movies, comedy, recent, etc?

Am I missing something? Why are people trying to import more artwork? My scrapers seem to work fine, but is there a way to display more? Btw--coming from aeon nox I'm used to fanart and like it but is there an option to somehow show more? So far the skin is clean and much like I expected it to be but I'm curious what others are doing...

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - -blue7 - 2015-05-19

How do you get the right menu on the home screen to work with other languages, let's say German?
I've already created some smart playlists for tv shows. Blush

Best regards
Nicolai

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Kokonutcreme - 2015-05-19

(2015-05-19, 08:03)Route6 Wrote: Loving this skin. Everyone in the house is navigating with ease (unusual for kodi).

I just have a few more comments/questions

Is there a way to set the movies screen to genres instead of kids movies, comedy, recent, etc?

The category options under Movies and TV shows are all custom playlists that can be edited. Just enter a category and bring up the context menu and select Edit playlist.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - browny99 - 2015-05-19

Hi guys. Hope u r all well.

How excited r u bout this skin. Me tooo!!

Iv just signed up to say well done to Hitcher.
I feel we all should buy him a pint or big cigar.
Il find that donate button later i promise☺

Iv noticed some r wondering how to update/download to yr firetv...

I find my way is easy?blushing!! Cos i dont use a computer.

1..put AGK fire app on yr mobile android devise that has kodi on.( i use mine for testing)
Open AGK and transfere yr latest kodi to yr firetv ( make sure yr on same network ).
2..Open kodi once the close.
3..Re sync yr firetv and this puts kodi back on homescreen recents.

Now for the skin...
Im guessing we have a browser on r firetv...

1..Download the Wukong remote app on yr mobile android device... this acts as a mouse On yr firetv!!
Now u can download skins/addons/apks!

Hope this helps guys..

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - browny99 - 2015-05-19

Donated!!!!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - metalbruce - 2015-05-19

This skin is great! do you have plans to enable users to use a wireless mouse or keyboard for video navigation like fast forward etc.?