Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Harvinder - 2015-05-19

This is one of the best skins in terms of looks etc, doesn't feel like your using koi and fits with the Fire TV Stick perfectly, can't wait for the widgets to be added. Also will this be made compatible with Helix or Isengard only?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - deano72 - 2015-05-19

Hitcher,
Sorry to post again, just wondering if it is possible to have multiple fanarts showing in the background (like fanart shows on Aeon Nox), also artist slideshow when playing music? I know it would detract from the Amazon Fire TV look, but i think it would look nice with faded artwork in background on FTV skin ?
If not, no worries....still an awesome skin!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-05-19

(2015-05-16, 16:36)Hitcher Wrote: No font options, sorry. Although subtitles shouldn't be using the skins fonts.
Fantastic work here, Hitcher!
Echoing other users here, we recognize that it would be a departure from the Fire TV style, but allowing the option to choose Arial-based would let users who have add-ons with menus in unicode to display properly.
It would be wonderful if you can consider incorporating the option (it'd be an option so that it doesn't distract folks who want to keep the Fire TV style fonts) for the next release. Thank you very much in advance.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - mcborzu - 2015-05-19

Love the skin!!

Throwing a thought out there:

Any thought to having Kids/Action adventure/Comedy/Sci-Fi subsections being set to "Random" rather than "sorttitle". Makes the homepage seem fresh rather than seeing same 4 movies every time...Actually as I'm typing I made the change and when entering the playlist from home it refreshes the content, sort of ruining the effect...

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - baruchin - 2015-05-19

(2015-05-19, 13:11)Harvinder Wrote: This is one of the best skins in terms of looks etc, doesn't feel like your using koi and fits with the Fire TV Stick perfectly, can't wait for the widgets to be added. Also will this be made compatible with Helix or Isengard only?
As the post title says, this is Isengard only
(2015-05-19, 14:40)deano72 Wrote: Hitcher,
Sorry to post again, just wondering if it is possible to have multiple fanarts showing in the background (like fanart shows on Aeon Nox), also artist slideshow when playing music? I know it would detract from the Amazon Fire TV look, but i think it would look nice with faded artwork in background on FTV skin ?
If not, no worries....still an awesome skin!
Hitcher has said it many times, anything that departures from Fire TV original concept, is definitely a no.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - dimaceti - 2015-05-19

Hi Hitcher,

(2015-05-18, 23:40)Japaja Wrote: "ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=similarmovies&&dbid=9138"

Always get this error from extended info script. And why would TV shows similar titles be movie titles instead other TV shows?

I get the same error. Tested with 4 different skins, only appears with fTV. Also, it only appears when I open episode information.

Code:
16:35:01 T:4632   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('result',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Branphma\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py", line 62, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Branphma\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py", line 26, in __init__
                                                StartInfoActions(self.infos, self.params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Branphma\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\process.py", line 121, in StartInfoActions
                                                movie_id = GetImdbIDFromDatabase("movie", dbid)
                                              File "C:\Users\Branphma\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\local_db.py", line 322, in GetImdbIDFromDatabase
                                                if "moviedetails" in json_response["result"]:
                                            KeyError: ('result',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:35:01 T:5844   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=similarmovies&&dbid=19661

feature request:
would you consider adding some more tiny info for tv show information? I am speaking of next aired date and status (ended show, ongoing etc...).

Best regards!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-05-19

(2015-05-19, 15:47)springroll Wrote:
(2015-05-16, 16:36)Hitcher Wrote: No font options, sorry. Although subtitles shouldn't be using the skins fonts.
Fantastic work here, Hitcher!
Echoing other users here, we recognize that it would be a departure from the Fire TV style, but allowing the option to choose Arial-based would let users who have add-ons with menus in unicode to display properly.
It would be wonderful if you can consider incorporating the option (it'd be an option so that it doesn't distract folks who want to keep the Fire TV style fonts) for the next release. Thank you very much in advance.

Addons use font13 which is Arial.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - eskay993 - 2015-05-19

Hey Hitcher

Been fiddling with with the skin and have a couple of more thoughts/suggestions. Still hands down best skin out there Smile

1. What do you reckon about a toggle on/off option to have seasons use poster even if you enable tv show thumbs? This could be a sub-option under the enable tv thumbs settings so people can chose poster or thumb for seasons. Reason is two fold - It's a LOT of work creating the seasons thumbs. I enjoyed making the TV Show ones (I'll share them when complete) , but lost the will to live pretty quickly when doing season Smile Also, if you look at the ones offered by amazon (pretty easy albeit laborious to scrape those manually), many of them look awful. I guess they lost the will to live making them as well!

2. Minor thing, but I feel there is some info missing from the Episode Info screen. Would be good to replace year at the top with air date and also include season number and episode number in that line. Appreciate why it's missing, since the Fire TV does not have this screen for tv shows and you followed the movie template, but feels like important info to have on episodes.

Thanks as always.

Cheers

Both good ideas and will be added for next update.

fTV (Isengard only) - ADHDMedia - 2015-05-19

I'm using Advanced Launcher to run SNES and N64 emulators and the cover art is square instead of landscape… while other emulations will probably require a portrait icon. What are the chances we could get an option to change the view in cases like these? Thanks bro - skin was definitely worth the wait.

(2015-05-19, 08:03)Route6 Wrote: Loving this skin. Everyone in the house is navigating with ease (unusual for kodi).

I just have a few more comments/questions

Anyone else notice not all movies in library have a watch trailer option? Is this issue just on my end?

Is there a way to set the movies screen to genres instead of kids movies, comedy, recent, etc?

Am I missing something? Why are people trying to import more artwork? My scrapers seem to work fine, but is there a way to display more? Btw--coming from aeon nox I'm used to fanart and like it but is there an option to somehow show more? So far the skin is clean and much like I expected it to be but I'm curious what others are doing...
The trailers button will only will only be visible if there's a trailer available from the scarped info.
(2015-05-19, 09:14)-blue7 Wrote: How do you get the right menu on the home screen to work with other languages, let's say German?
I've already created some smart playlists for tv shows. Blush

Best regards
Nicolai
Until auto width buttons get added to Kodi there's no point me translating anything yet.

(2015-05-19, 18:46)ADHDMedia Wrote: I'm using Advanced Launcher to run SNES and N64 emulators and the cover art is square instead of landscape… while other emulations will probably require a portrait icon. What are the chances we could get an option to change the view in cases like these? Thanks bro - skin was definitely worth the wait.

Again, this is dependent on addons providing the correct information for skins so they get viewed in the correct aspect ratio.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - phil65 - 2015-05-19

Nice skin. Good work. Cool

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - TjaLfE - 2015-05-19

This has probably been asked a million times already, but the thread i huge.(Yes i used the search box)

I know there isn't live tv support atm, but will there be in the future?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - vulturez - 2015-05-19

(2015-05-19, 15:51)mcborzu Wrote: Love the skin!!

Throwing a thought out there:

Any thought to having Kids/Action adventure/Comedy/Sci-Fi subsections being set to "Random" rather than "sorttitle". Makes the homepage seem fresh rather than seeing same 4 movies every time...Actually as I'm typing I made the change and when entering the playlist from home it refreshes the content, sort of ruining the effect...

Would love this too, seeing random would be much preferred over the same titles every time.