Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - dimaceti - 2015-05-21

Hi Hitcher,

one thing I noticed...
I havve disabled thumbs for unwatched episodes. Now, when I am watching youtube videos, their thumbs don't show as well. Is there a possibility to differenciate the two (episodes != youtube videos) ?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - imadunatic - 2015-05-21

Hitcher, absolutely love this skin... it is actually the first that is "wife approved"...

Do you have plans to add the time/date/weather to the top of the screen?? I can definitely live without them, but thought I would ask. Thanks again for this.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-05-21

Will upgrade to Isengard to test displaying Unicode characters in a couple of days

In the meantime, here's the screenshot of the cutoff in the quit menu

(2015-05-20, 10:07)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 04:39)springroll Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 16:55)Hitcher Wrote: Addons use font13 which is Arial.
Rushed home to try the skin earlier. Wow, fantastic work!
I am still on Helix and noticed the following having played with it for the last 30 mins:
1. Unicode characters in add-on list menu (ie the add-ons themselves) show up as squares
2. Within the add-on, the Unicode characters in the menu items also show up as squares
3. The quit menu items' characters are 15% cut off on the top
Firstly this will only work properly on Isengard.
Secondly can you post some screenshots.
(2015-05-20, 06:11)Route6 Wrote: Is there anyway to enable support for TV tunes or video extras? Thanks.

BTW on an unrelated note I tried switching the code from sorttitle to random for kids movies and it works but when looking from the home screen the movies change when you move right. So on the side of movies you might see "Back to the Future" as the first title but when you move toward it the whole list changes to random movies so that's not a preferable option for me but if there's a different way I'd like to try it.
That's because the list is loaded once on the home screen and again in the video screen which is normally OK, but because you've made it random it gets randomised twice.

EDIT: TV Tunes is supported, no need to enable it as it'll work as long as TV Tunes is enabled.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - bzellinger - 2015-05-21

Hitcher, thank you for your hard work.

Couldn't wait so I just upgraded to Isengard

The clipping problem is no more - guess the clipping only occurs in Helix

That being said, Unicode characters are still displayed as squares. Any ideas?

(2015-05-21, 02:03)springroll Wrote: Will upgrade to Isengard to test displaying Unicode characters in a couple of days

In the meantime, here's the screenshot of the cutoff in the quit menu

(2015-05-20, 10:07)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 04:39)springroll Wrote: Rushed home to try the skin earlier. Wow, fantastic work!
I am still on Helix and noticed the following having played with it for the last 30 mins:
1. Unicode characters in add-on list menu (ie the add-ons themselves) show up as squares
2. Within the add-on, the Unicode characters in the menu items also show up as squares
3. The quit menu items' characters are 15% cut off on the top
Firstly this will only work properly on Isengard.
Secondly can you post some screenshots.
(2015-05-20, 06:11)Route6 Wrote: Is there anyway to enable support for TV tunes or video extras? Thanks.

BTW on an unrelated note I tried switching the code from sorttitle to random for kids movies and it works but when looking from the home screen the movies change when you move right. So on the side of movies you might see "Back to the Future" as the first title but when you move toward it the whole list changes to random movies so that's not a preferable option for me but if there's a different way I'd like to try it.
That's because the list is loaded once on the home screen and again in the video screen which is normally OK, but because you've made it random it gets randomised twice.

EDIT: TV Tunes is supported, no need to enable it as it'll work as long as TV Tunes is enabled.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - NathanCS - 2015-05-21

Loving the look of this. I installed Isengard on my laptop just so I could play around the the skin. I know a skin may never be completely finished, but I look forward to the day when this one moves past the work in progress stages. I also look forward to the day when Isengard is more stable and ready for the public. I have 4 boxes I use so I'll be waiting for a stable public release before upgrading them all. Until then I'll tinker for fun on my laptop.

Great work everyone! Your work looks great so far!

Cheers,

Nathan

Just noticed that when selecting "Watch Trailer", a warning message would come up "You're using old Youtube-Plugin calls - please review the log for updated end points starting Isengard."
The audio would come up, but video can only be seen when going to main menu.
Going back to the same playlist and play the trailer for another movie/show, the audio and video would come up along with the warning message.

Not sure if this is add-on specific, I'll try a few other later this week.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-05-21

(2015-05-21, 00:12)dimaceti Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

one thing I noticed...
I havve disabled thumbs for unwatched episodes. Now, when I am watching youtube videos, their thumbs don't show as well. Is there a possibility to differenciate the two (episodes != youtube videos) ?
I'll look in to it but what if you're watching a show on YouTube?
(2015-05-21, 00:57)imadunatic Wrote: Hitcher, absolutely love this skin... it is actually the first that is "wife approved"...

Do you have plans to add the time/date/weather to the top of the screen?? I can definitely live without them, but thought I would ask. Thanks again for this.

Not unless they get added to the Fire TV in an update. I've personally mapped a button to open the shutdown menu on the home screen if I need to see the time.
(2015-05-21, 05:51)springroll Wrote: Just noticed that when selecting "Watch Trailer", a warning message would come up "You're using old Youtube-Plugin calls - please review the log for updated end points starting Isengard."
The audio would come up, but video can only be seen when going to main menu.
Going back to the same playlist and play the trailer for another movie/show, the audio and video would come up along with the warning message.

Not sure if this is add-on specific, I'll try a few other later this week.
Try another skin and report back.

(2015-05-21, 04:31)springroll Wrote: That being said, Unicode characters are still displayed as squares. Any ideas?

Got a screenshot?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - eskay993 - 2015-05-21

(2015-05-20, 23:14)Japaja Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 16:22)Hitcher Wrote: It actually should have been -

Code:
plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=similartvshows&&dbid=$INFO[Window(home).Property(TVShowID)]

Thanks, that fixed it.

Only thing I'm missing in this skin is next aired info, but not sure where would it fit and if it would look good.

Been playing around with this and tried a few places. Settled on this, which is actually similar to SilVO's Aeon Nox mod, which I'm used to (thanks Mike!). Advantage of having it at the bottom is that it fits across tv shows, seasons and episodes.

If there is no next aired (show has ended or season ended), then the line is just blank.

I see you're not using Isengard. Wink

No Smile Had to switch back to Helix because of this issue. The fix is not working in Isengard. All good though. Found workarounds for the bits of the skin that aren't working for now Smile

Although, I'm curious - How could you tell just from that screen?

There's no current item label only the number of items.

eg

Code:

instead of

Code:
23 | 102

Ah... clever Big Grin

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - riccoexxx - 2015-05-21

Great skin!!! i will donate too. Question .. in bulgarian yes see only squares not letters. Also i cant see navigation menu when play tv show or movie. I read remote need to have play, stop etc buttons. But mine have only nav ok , menu home and back button can you add it.