Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: Release fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - iAMl3dgend - 2015-05-25

Can you make custom home items have a custom background? It just looks bland being grey

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - iAMl3dgend - 2015-05-25

are you planning on adding a clock to the homescreen?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Edworld - 2015-05-25

(2015-05-25, 01:18)Route6 Wrote: No wait...yes. I'm having the same issue. The github page for scripttoolbox doesn't seem to have a download zip option. How do I get it? When I try to install beta it says the file doesn't have the correct structure. Is this error consistent with not having toolbox? I'm almost certain I had it before but removed my other skins when I started using ftv.

need to install toolbox

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Route6 - 2015-05-25

(2015-05-25, 01:34)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 01:18)Route6 Wrote: No wait...yes. I'm having the same issue. The github page for scripttoolbox doesn't seem to have a download zip option. How do I get it? When I try to install beta it says the file doesn't have the correct structure. Is this error consistent with not having toolbox? I'm almost certain I had it before but removed my other skins when I started using ftv.

need to install toolbox

Yes. If you haven't already...disregard my rambling. I knew I need script tool box but couldn't download it. But I was using my phone. When I went to my Mac the "download zip" option was there and now I have beta installed on both aftvs and stick!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - akhems - 2015-05-25

Amazing skin. Quick and tidy!

Is the any way to make a menu item display a super favs folder without clicking on the menu item?

for example, Menu item called "Live TV" shows the addons in the super folder "Live-tv-stuff" on the right, when you highlight it.

Thanks for creating an amazing skin.

fTV (Isengard only) - ADHDMedia - 2015-05-25

Hey Hitcher. Quick question…

My "Recently Added Movies" widget in the Movies section of the home screen is showing the movies backwards (ascending from oldest to newest), but when I click over to the right to go into the section it flips around and shows normally. Any idea how I can fix this? TIA. Appreciate all the hard work.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Edworld - 2015-05-25

bug on addon screen, overlap of "move" and something underneath that i can't read

Below version 1.0.3

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-05-25

(2015-05-24, 20:40)Pazkachlon Wrote: Support 14.0 On Android? :S
(2015-05-25, 00:18)Pazkachlon Wrote: There's no support for 14.0?
No, Isengard only as this skin uses the latest changes to the skinning engine.
(2015-05-25, 01:27)iAMl3dgend Wrote: Can you make custom home items have a custom background? It just looks bland being grey
No.
(2015-05-25, 01:28)iAMl3dgend Wrote: are you planning on adding a clock to the homescreen?
And no.

Please no requests for things that aren't already used on the Fire TV itself.
(2015-05-25, 02:16)akhems Wrote: Amazing skin. Quick and tidy!

Is the any way to make a menu item display a super favs folder without clicking on the menu item?

for example, Menu item called "Live TV" shows the addons in the super folder "Live-tv-stuff" on the right, when you highlight it.

Thanks for creating an amazing skin.
Have you tried adding it as the widget for Videos? You might have to add it to your favourites first and then select favourites when picking your widget.
(2015-05-25, 04:11)ADHDMedia Wrote: Hey Hitcher. Quick question…

My "Recently Added Movies" widget in the Movies section of the home screen is showing the movies backwards (ascending from oldest to newest), but when I click over to the right to go into the section it flips around and shows normally. Any idea how I can fix this? TIA. Appreciate all the hard work.
Is this with your own playlist?
(2015-05-25, 04:33)Edworld Wrote: bug on addon screen, overlap of "move" and something underneath that i can't read

Below version 1.0.3

Fixed, thanks.

Artist Slideshow support now added.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Warner306 - 2015-05-25

This is a truly beautiful skin. I would hope in the future someone would mod more views into the skin. I know it is based off of fTV, but often I find the views very limiting. A list view and wall view would be great, provided they fit the design motif. Video addons, in particular, could use a view toggle as the presentation of addon content tends to be inconsistent (e.g. manually switch the view to fanart, episode, thumb, etc. based on the content displayed).

Is there a way to show/hide unwatched episodes while viewing TV shows? I often accidentally hit watched on the odd episode and can't find this toggle in "View Options."

It would also be great if the widget choices could be expanded to include video or music addons and shortcuts to the video or music nodes.

(2015-05-25, 09:15)Warner306 Wrote: This is a truly beautiful skin. I would hope in the future someone would mod more views into the skin. I know it is based off of fTV, but often I find the views very limiting. A list view and wall view would be great, provided they fit the design motif. Video addons, in particular, could use a view toggle as the presentation of addon content tends to be inconsistent (e.g. manually switch the view to fanart, episode, thumb, etc. based on the content displayed).
I'm still trying to come up with a solution to addons but it's not easy and needs work from both sides - skinners and addon creators.
(2015-05-25, 09:15)Warner306 Wrote: Is there a way to show/hide unwatched episodes while viewing TV shows? I often accidentally hit watched on the odd episode and can't find this toggle in "View Options."
If you enable the select first unwatched episode option you wont ever have this problem. Wink
(2015-05-25, 09:15)Warner306 Wrote: It would also be great if the widget choices could be expanded to include video or music addons and shortcuts to the video or music nodes.
This was added to the Beta release a few days ago.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - b711 - 2015-05-25

(2015-05-24, 23:51)Hitcher Wrote: OK, all strings should be done now.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv/master/language/English/strings.po

Could you post some screenshots of where the text doesn't fit please.
The most important string not fitting into the box is
Code:
#31090 "Update[CR]Library" or "Bibliothek[CR]aktualisieren"
respectively, and I do not know how to abbreviate it further in German. There will surely be a lot of other strings, which I simply have not yet come across after the translation, e.g. those strings which refer to shuffle or randomise, since the German translation ("Zufallswiedergabe") has a lot of additional characters.

Here are some screenshots to illustrate:

By analysing the screenshots I ask myself why the plural of minutes (Minuten) in German is correct, whereas for hours (Stunden) it is not correct (Stundes). Is this something I can manipulate in the strings.po?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Speighty - 2015-05-25

I'm currently using the beta version and have the toolbox installed, I see seomone else mentioned that the season numbers don't show, I can see you said you have fixed it, is that something I can update on my side or do we need to wait for an updated version.

Thanks for the skin, its amazing.

(2015-05-25, 09:26)b711 Wrote:
(2015-05-24, 23:51)Hitcher Wrote: OK, all strings should be done now.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv/master/language/English/strings.po

Could you post some screenshots of where the text doesn't fit please.
The most important string not fitting into the box is
Code:
#31090 "Update[CR]Library" or "Bibliothek[CR]aktualisieren"
respectively, and I do not know how to abbreviate it further in German. There will surely be a lot of other strings, which I simply have not yet come across after the translation, e.g. those strings which refer to shuffle or randomise, since the German translation ("Zufallswiedergabe") has a lot of additional characters.

Here are some screenshots to illustrate:

By analysing the screenshots I ask myself why the plural of minutes (Minuten) in German is correct, whereas for hours (Stunden) it is not correct (Stundes). Is this something I can manipulate in the strings.po?
Looks like I made a mistake with the times but they should be fixed in v0.9.81.

What I'm trying to get is an idea of the length of these buttons so I can add an option for non-English language use and make them all wider. Not ideal but until we have auto-width buttons it's the best I can offer you.

Thanks for your help.
(2015-05-25, 09:27)Speighty Wrote: I'm currently using the beta version and have the toolbox installed, I see seomone else mentioned that the season numbers don't show, I can see you said you have fixed it, is that something I can update on my side or do we need to wait for an updated version.

Thanks for the skin, its amazing.
Check out the source link in the first post.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Speighty - 2015-05-25

Quote:Check out the source link in the first post.

Thanks for the quick reply, whats the best way to update, can I just download the latest zip and install from zip within kodi or do I need to manually copy the files over to the ftv skin folder inside of the kodi files.