Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - learningit - 2015-06-02

This is a brilliant skin!
It's likely to be the one I run all the time from now on.
I have just used it for the first time today and realize it behaves slightly differently than other skins I test my addons against.
For users of my Bravo,Cooking Channel, CBSN News, DIY, Esquire TV, Food Network, HGTV, Oxygen Channel, Sprout, Syfy, and Travel Channel addons with this skin, please make sure that you get the latest version from the kodi.org repo and in addon settings enable views, and select 56 or 57 for the Default View and 56 for the Episodes view. This seems to give the best addon appearance under this skin as the source websites do not have poster images.

I am reworking my other addons to allow selection of views and/or content types, as well as fleshing out metadata to improve the appearance under this skin.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-06-02

Glad I pointed you to it! :-)
Another tip for folks who use Learningit's add-ons: make Favorites out of them, and they can be added as Widgets under TV Shows. They look great!

(2015-06-02, 21:08)learningit Wrote: This is a brilliant skin!
I have just used it for the first time today and realize it behaves slightly differently than other skins I test my addons against.
For users of my Bravo,Cooking Channel, CBSN News, DIY, Esquire TV, Food Network, HGTV, Oxygen Channel, Sprout, Syfy, and Travel Channel addons with this skin, please make sure that you get the latest version from the kodi.org repo and in addon settings enable views, and select 56 or 57 for the Default View and 56 for the Episodes view. This seems to give the best addon appearance under this skin as the source websites do not have poster images.

I am reworking my other addons to allow selection of views and/or content types, as well as fleshing out metadata to improve the appearance under this skin.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-06-02

(2015-06-02, 21:08)learningit Wrote: This is a brilliant skin!

Thanks, please check out my latest GitHub version as I've changed the way the views work (50, 51, 52, 53, and 54 are for non-addon content and 55, 56, and 57 are specifically for addons).

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - clayfree - 2015-06-02

(2015-06-02, 21:25)springroll Wrote: Glad I pointed you to it! :-)
Another tip for folks who use Learningit's add-ons: make Favorites out of them, and they can be added as Widgets under TV Shows. They look great!

I tried that, I made the hgtv a favorite then added it as a tv show widget. I got the same generic photo repeated 6 times with an hgtv logo instead of the the specific show thumbs I see when launching the addon. How is it displaying for you?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-06-03

I went into the list and make the view to be Square, went back to the main page and it just remembered the setting after that.
HGTV, DIY and Travel Network show up really nicely.
However, Food Network doesn't; just the Food Network logos for all the shows.

(2015-06-02, 23:56)clayfree Wrote:

I tried that, I made the hgtv a favorite then added it as a tv show widget. I got the same generic photo repeated 6 times with an hgtv logo instead of the the specific show thumbs I see when launching the addon. How is it displaying for you?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Warner306 - 2015-06-03

I'd like to share a mod I'm working on in the hopes of getting some help. I have modified the actor info screen -- aka, script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogInfo -- to include additional content. Most of this content is coded, but I have one outstanding issue.

Current Issues with this mod:

1. Fanart and Thumbs are not loading fullscreen when selected. Currently, selecting an image does nothing.

Screenshots:

If anyone would like to help, my work file is included below:

WIP: script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogInfo

Proper function of the mod requires a single edit to Animations.xml.

Add the following visibility conditions to Line 41, Animations.xml -- DialogVideoInfoAnimation:

<!-- Dialog video info animation -->
<include name="DialogVideoInfoAnimation">
<animation condition="Control.HasFocus(50) | Control.HasFocus(150) | Control.HasFocus(250) | Control.HasFocus(350) | Control.HasFocus(450) | Control.HasFocus(750) | Control.HasFocus(1000) | Control.HasFocus(5000)" effect="fade" end="6" start="100" time="200">Conditional</animation>
</include>

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - clayfree - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-03, 03:01)springroll Wrote: I went into the list and make the view to be Square, went back to the main page and it just remembered the setting after that.
HGTV, DIY and Travel Network show up really nicely.
However, Food Network doesn't; just the Food Network logos for all the shows.

(2015-06-02, 23:56)clayfree Wrote:

Thanks springroll, I got it to work. I had to unselect "enable wide tv show icons" in the appearance settings.

fTV (Isengard only) - ADHDMedia - 2015-06-03

Ever since updating this last time a day or so ago, my Advanced Launcher plugin is broken. It opens to a blank page with no controls at all, no matter what section I try to go into.

Any suggestions? TIA once again.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Mikewave - 2015-06-03

Can you add a list view as some add-ons need it in a list view

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Skribbler1 - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-03, 05:05)ADHDMedia Wrote: Ever since updating this last time a day or so ago, my Advanced Launcher plugin is broken. It opens to a blank page with no controls at all, no matter what section I try to go into.

Any suggestions? TIA once again.

Same thing here, but instead I used the music widgets to display what I added to favourites. But now it is a blank page. Actually there are a few addons that display blank pages now.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - remops - 2015-06-04

I love the skin I did install the alpha version on a windows machine running Isengard. Now I would like to upgrade but I don't understand the scrip tool box required thing. Could someone please explain the step in this install.

I do appreciate the help.

Thanks

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Warner306 - 2015-06-04

(2015-06-04, 00:32)remops Wrote: I love the skin I did install the alpha version on a windows machine running Isengard. Now I would like to upgrade but I don't understand the scrip tool box required thing. Could someone please explain the step in this install.

Thanks

script.toolbox is an addon that must be installed in Kodi. This script doesn't need to be upgraded; it is only to be installed once. This addon provides information for some of the sections within fTV, I assume.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - remops - 2015-06-04

(2015-06-04, 00:55)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 00:32)remops Wrote: I love the skin I did install the alpha version on a windows machine running Isengard. Now I would like to upgrade but I don't understand the scrip tool box required thing. Could someone please explain the step in this install.

Thanks

script.toolbox is an addon that must be installed in Kodi. This script doesn't need to be upgraded; it is only to be installed once. This addon provides information for some of the sections within fTV, I assume.

Ok Thanks!! Big Grin

fTV (Isengard only) - ADHDMedia - 2015-06-04

So I just got around to installing Kodi and the FTV skin on my FireTV Stick and… wow bro. Just wow. I've never actually used this thing before because I couldn't stand it lol but with Kodi skinned to match, it's amazing. Thank you bro.

...any word on a fix for plugin views? A couple aren't playing nice at all at the moment..

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-06-04

Have you tried changing the view?