Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Damac10 - 2015-06-18

Just wondering if similar to kiosk mode skin can remember skin changes instead of reverting. I find after you changd a view to square or poster in a addon . When you return its reverted so you keep changing view to your preferred. Is there anyway the skin can remember view changes.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-06-18

Kodi does all the remembering of view types and all mine work fine once I set them up.

eg iPlayer, YouTube, Apple iTunes Trailers, etc.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - pixeljuggle - 2015-06-18

(2015-06-18, 00:45)Damac10 Wrote: Just wondering if similar to kiosk mode skin can remember skin changes instead of reverting. I find after you changd a view to square or poster in a addon . When you return its reverted so you keep changing view to your preferred. Is there anyway the skin can remember view changes.

@Damac10
i have had this problem recently and was due to an update in the add-on i was using.
try this, when browsing videos in your add-on, open the 'options menu' (c on keyboard), i had an option for 'set movies view' or 'set episodes view'.
the add-on now remembers what view i want to use when browsing movies / tv / episodes.
Hope this makes sense.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Damac10 - 2015-06-18

Cool ..Thanks suppose its the addon ustvod etc as they have settings for preset views which may be overriding..

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Vlaves - 2015-06-19

Hi Hitcher, found a small bug in the includes.xml regarding german FSK ratings:

here in line 178, it checks if the Number "6" is in the ratings-string:

Code:
<control type="image">
<top>3</top>
<width>25</width>
<height>23</height>
<colordiffuse>ffdadada</colordiffuse>
<texture>rating/fsk/6.png</texture>
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Mpaa) + SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,6,right)</visible>
</control>

Sadly this is also the case for rating with the number "16" (see line 194):

Code:
<control type="image">
<top>3</top>
<width>25</width>
<height>23</height>
<texture>rating/fsk/16.png</texture>
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Mpaa) + SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,16,right)</visible>
</control>

So both images are getting displayed if a movie has the rating "16". If I'm not wrong (I'm not a skinner or coder), that could be prevented if line 174 is changed to something like this:

Code:
<control type="image">
<top>3</top>
<width>25</width>
<height>23</height>
<texture>rating/fsk/6.png</texture>
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Mpaa) + SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,6,right) + !SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,16,right)</visible>
</control>

Would be great if you could fix that too Smile

Regards
Vlaves

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-06-19

Nice find, thanks.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - stueeey - 2015-06-19

Wondering if anyone can help me... I'm not sure if its fTV skin related or Isengard. (difficult to test in other skins)

The issue I have is that I cannot select 'settings' from the central shortcut menu, the menu that appears when pressing 's' (with the clock). I wouldn't normally be bothered, but I had just got fTV just how I wanted it, so I removed the 'settings' selection from the home menu (so the kids could not change anything) and now I am stuck not being able to access settings at all !

It has been working in the past, I have not changed the shortcut for the menu setting and I have tried every fix I can think of...

> Complete Kodi app & fTV skin delete & re-installs
> Github 1.0.3 & 1.0.0 fTV skin releases
> Insengard Beta2 & todays Nightly release

I did have a similar issue with the Titan skin a few months back when Isengard was first released, but I don't know how it was resolved - Hitcher do you think this is skin related?

thanks for any assistance.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - deano72 - 2015-06-19

Stueey
If you have installed this on a fire TV. Download the firetv remote app on your smartphone. Once paired up use the keyboard on that to choose 's' for settings once on main menu?
This works for me. I Always disable the settings item.

(2015-06-19, 21:42)deano72 Wrote: Stueey
If you have installed this on a fire TV. Download the firetv remote app on your smartphone. Once paired up use the keyboard on that to choose 's' for settings once on main menu?
This works for me. I Always disable the settings item.

@deano72 - sorry should have said running this fTV skin on mac OS X MacMini, I don't think your suggestion is an option for me, thanks for your help though.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - deano72 - 2015-06-19

Ah no worries.
If you install rowmote on Mac and phone you could get a virtual keyboard then too.

(2015-06-19, 22:03)deano72 Wrote: Ah no worries.
If you install rowmote on Mac and phone you could get a virtual keyboard then too.

just to be clear, I have keyboard connection (I don't need a virtual connection)... my problem is simply that I cannot access 'setting' via the shortcut menu (the settings button does not work, it does not take me to the settings).

Strange, can you post your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml?

Also, are you using the latest (as in Git) version of the skin shortcuts script?

(2015-06-19, 22:22)Hitcher Wrote: Strange, can you post your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml?

Also, are you using the latest (as in Git) version of the skin shortcuts script?

aha! fixed, thanks Hitcher! just downloaded BigNoids latest script.skinshortcuts and I can now select 'settings' from the shortcut menu.

I had presumed that fTV added the scripts required when installing? I've got auto updates enabled too, so I'm surprised it wasn't updated.

either way 'happy now' thanks for your assistance Hitcher and all the hours you have spent creating this great skin, love it... nothing else delivers content upfront like this skin does its great.

Should you be interested I've set up your skin with PleXBMC & 16 favourite widgets. I'm utilising Common>Movies & TV to show movie posters to various Plex sections, playlists & genres of mine. Works really great... realise this probably isn't how you envisaged it being used when you created it. Just thought it may interest you to see it being used differently.

Nice, got any screenshots or a video?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - stueeey - 2015-06-20

(2015-06-19, 23:52)Hitcher Wrote: Nice, got any screenshots or a video?

I can try and get a video done tomorrow, still re-building my tweaks, sections & favs, as I wiped everything trying to resolve the 'settings' issue I was experiencing.