Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-06-23

It's in the Skin Settings section, it can be turned off.

Side question: how exactly do you run out of space on your FTV stick? I didn't realize Fanarts would amount of that much space, since it's supposed to be just the fanarts of media that are in your library, so unless your library is giant, fanarts wouldn't be the culprit, right? Add-ons that use fanarts are supposed to be in cache/temporary, right? I also have a device that has only 8GB of storage (Nexus Player) and would not to avoid of running out of space.

(2015-06-22, 14:55)toxicv Wrote: Great skin, thank you!

However I ran out of space on my FTV Stick pretty quickly... Is there anyway to delete all the fanart backgrounds and turn them off from downloading when scanning??
I have no desire for them and it would save a heck of a lot of storage space.
I cannot use an alternative storage location for Kodi as the FireTV Stick has no way of connecting usb storage.

I hope someone can help!

Thank you

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Oath - 2015-06-24

(2015-06-23, 21:37)springroll Wrote: It's in the Skin Settings section, it can be turned off.

Side question: how exactly do you run out of space on your FTV stick? I didn't realize Fanarts would amount of that much space, since it's supposed to be just the fanarts of media that are in your library, so unless your library is giant, fanarts wouldn't be the culprit, right? Add-ons that use fanarts are supposed to be in cache/temporary, right? I also have a device that has only 8GB of storage (Nexus Player) and would not to avoid of running out of space.

(2015-06-22, 14:55)toxicv Wrote: Great skin, thank you!

However I ran out of space on my FTV Stick pretty quickly... Is there anyway to delete all the fanart backgrounds and turn them off from downloading when scanning??
I have no desire for them and it would save a heck of a lot of storage space.
I cannot use an alternative storage location for Kodi as the FireTV Stick has no way of connecting usb storage.

I hope someone can help!

Thank you

I have a nexus player aswell. Do you have external storage hooked up to it? or do you just stream movies from addons? You can relocate fanart to an external device with advancesettings.xml fanart does take up uite alot of space when you have like 1000 movies added to your library

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Route6 - 2015-06-24

[quote='springroll' pid='2036667' dateline='1435088244']
It's in the Skin Settings section, it can be turned off.

[quote='toxicv' pid='2035334' dateline='1434977701']
A very common problem on ftvs. Would be on aftv box but you can send thumbs to USB. My thumbs are about 1 GB and that's a lot when your device is 8. They say 8gb but really its more like 5. I use es task manager and if I go a month without cleaning cache its not uncommon for it to clear 800mb or more.
That's news to me about the cache/temporary. I thought they all got stored in the thumbnails folder?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - imadunatic - 2015-06-25

Hitcher,

For some reason, when I upgraded my FTV's to Isengard, Beta 2, I lost the text on the homepage for all of my widgets:

Did I break some dependency by upgrading to beta 2? I'm currently on FTV Skin V 1.04.

I just figured it out, for some reason I had to rebuild my widget lists, the shortcuts were correct but all of the "widget names" were empty for some reason. Reselecting the widgets fixed it...

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-06-25

Please understand this is still in beta and things can, and probably will, break along the way. Wink

I really appreciate all the work on this. It is truly a great skin.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - logan_x50 - 2015-06-25

Hi Hitcher,

Fantastic work on the skin.

I've seen an issue. I map UPnP source (Plex Media) for music (iTunes). I can browse to the source no problem and see e.g all my albums. However, if I browse into the album the track listing won't show up. If I change the skin to Confluence the track listing will show up as expected (and track plays by the way no problem). If I switch back to fTV same deal..no track listing.

Let me know if you want me to collect any logs or take a screen grab etc.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jantheg - 2015-06-25

Hi Hitcher,

I have a question:
Will you improve the home screen?
What i am asking in particular: I am using this skin on my fire TV because I like the way both interfaces add up (or look alike?) but since I am on Android i have Apps installed which cannot be added to homescreen yet. I am looking for a way to create some kind of Startpage with recently used items an overview of favorite items and so on.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Skribbler1 - 2015-06-25

(2015-06-25, 15:56)jantheg Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

I have a question:
What i am asking in particular: I am using this skin on my fire TV because I like the way both interfaces add up (or look alike?) but since I am on Android i have Apps installed which cannot be added to homescreen yet. I am looking for a way to create some kind of Startpage with recently used items an overview of favorite items and so on.

+1

(2015-06-25, 12:59)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

Fantastic work on the skin.

I've seen an issue. I map UPnP source (Plex Media) for music (iTunes). I can browse to the source no problem and see e.g all my albums. However, if I browse into the album the track listing won't show up. If I change the skin to Confluence the track listing will show up as expected (and track plays by the way no problem). If I switch back to fTV same deal..no track listing.

Let me know if you want me to collect any logs or take a screen grab etc.
Are you using Files or Library mode?

I have a question:
Can you add these items using others skins?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - mikkelnl - 2015-06-25

(2015-06-15, 17:17)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 13:34)dimaceti Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

I downloaded the latest version of your skin. When I want to customize the widgets the dialog does not show me any .xsp files to choose from. Selected the point "video playlist".

Found the problem, thanks.

Hi hitcher, I'm running into this same issue, would be great to get this working Smile

That was fixed in v1.0.2.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Djsimonsez - 2015-06-25

I have a question:

You can add android apps to favourites and access them that way. What i would like to see from a visual point of view is to see the apps like the image attached (featured apps row at the bottom). i like the size and layout. images could be created really easy im sure

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-06-26

Not possible as each section has to use the same size images - all posters, all wide, or all square - they can't be mixed.