Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: Release fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - cha_kumar - 2015-07-01

How can i add "Movie sets" in Home Menu

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jurialmunkey - 2015-07-03

Hi Hitcher,

Wondering if you could remove NextUp as a dependency? Surely this should be an optional install like TvTunes? Having it as a dependency prevents people from disabling it in other skins if they have fTV installed.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - iAMl3dgend - 2015-07-03

^^^^

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-03

(2015-06-29, 03:28)Edworld Wrote: Hitcher,

Possible bug. When you select a movie using extendedinfo script, the option "watch trailer" doesn't work

(2015-06-30, 06:08)mtbowl Wrote: Is there a way to save video playlists?

(2015-07-03, 03:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

Wondering if you could remove NextUp as a dependency? Surely this should be an optional install like TvTunes? Having it as a dependency prevents people from disabling it in other skins if they have fTV installed.
All fixed for next release.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Oath - 2015-07-03

(2015-06-17, 15:18)Vlaves Wrote:
(2015-06-17, 15:14)Hitcher Wrote: They're only available if you're using an addon otherwise they follow the media type rules - movies, tv shows and season = poster.

Thanks, I thought so. I just asked because I wanted to use the covers from here...then it would perfectly make sense to be able to have the option to use square cover also in TV Shows. Maybe u can reconsider it or at least give me a hint where in the code I need to make the adjustments Smile

Still no answer yet for this hitcher xD. Would like to do this thanks!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jantheg - 2015-07-03

(2015-06-25, 18:59)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 12:59)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

Fantastic work on the skin.

I've seen an issue. I map UPnP source (Plex Media) for music (iTunes). I can browse to the source no problem and see e.g all my albums. However, if I browse into the album the track listing won't show up. If I change the skin to Confluence the track listing will show up as expected (and track plays by the way no problem). If I switch back to fTV same deal..no track listing.

Let me know if you want me to collect any logs or take a screen grab etc.
Are you using Files or Library mode?
(2015-06-25, 15:56)jantheg Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

I have a question:
Will you improve the home screen?
What i am asking in particular: I am using this skin on my fire TV because I like the way both interfaces add up (or look alike?) but since I am on Android i have Apps installed which cannot be added to homescreen yet. I am looking for a way to create some kind of Startpage with recently used items an overview of favorite items and so on.
Can you add these items using others skins?

Well... taking Confluence++ as an example :
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-add-android-app-shortcuts-to-kodi-xbmc-homescreen/

Just follow that and it will be on the fTV skin as well.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - learningit - 2015-07-03

I just installed the 1.0.0 release and noticed a change in a view from the beta I was using: The Video Add-ons screen image view is now set to "poster" where previously the icons were displayed as "square". This really messes up the view because all add-ons use square icons. I can't find the xml where the view type is set for the Video Add-ons screen, does anyone know how to set this back to square? - it was that in my previous version of the skin. Thanks.

Get the Git version. Wink

(2015-07-03, 20:54)learningit Wrote: I just installed the 1.0.0 release and noticed a change in a view from the beta I was using: The Video Add-ons screen image view is now set to "poster" where previously the icons were displayed as "square". This really messes up the view because all add-ons use square icons. I can't find the xml where the view type is set for the Video Add-ons screen, does anyone know how to set this back to square? - it was that in my previous version of the skin. Thanks.

(2015-07-03, 20:58)Hitcher Wrote: Get the Git version. Wink

Sorry to say, 1.0.4 didn't help. Version 0.9.97 is ok and displays Add-on icons as square. If it makes a difference, I'm running 15.0 RC1.

Actually after further testing, I think V1.0.4 has a number of issues with view handling. If you load my Syfy video addon from the Kodi repo, and enable views, you can set 55,56 or 57 for the "episode" view and it won't change - it looks like "square". The strange thing is the "default" view changes if you go back a level. If I exit the addon and come back in the "default" view is correct again. I've tested against a couple of other skins and I don't see this same behaviour - it works fine. I hope I'm not barking about my own problem here, but I tested against a number of other Kodi/skin versions and I think the issue is in the fTV skin.

If I test against 0.9.97 and set 57 for default and 56 for episode view, I get "square" and "wide", respectively, which looks right to me.

You should be able to change the views when running an addon (square, poster, or wide).

EDIT: Checked with your SyFy addon and it works for me but you need to let Kodi handle the view type not the addon.

EDIT: Your addon's icon should have a solid background. Wink

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - learningit - 2015-07-04

(2015-07-03, 23:55)Hitcher Wrote: You should be able to change the views when running an addon (square, poster, or wide).

EDIT: Checked with your SyFy addon and it works for me but you need to let Kodi handle the view type not the addon.

It works for me 0.9.97, does not work 1.0.0 or 1.0.4. What do you mean let Kodi handle the view type - Do you mean disable the view override?
\

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - learningit - 2015-07-04

(2015-07-03, 23:55)Hitcher Wrote: EDIT: Your addon's icon should have a solid background. Wink
Yeah, I don't notice such things because I'm very color blind. I'll fix that.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-04

(2015-07-04, 00:45)learningit Wrote:
(2015-07-03, 23:55)Hitcher Wrote: You should be able to change the views when running an addon (square, poster, or wide).

It works for me 0.9.97, does not work 1.0.0 or 1.0.4. What do you mean let Kodi handle the view type - Do you mean disable the view overide?
\

Yes, disable the addon view setting and then cycle through the views until you get the one best suited for the artwork. Once set Kodi will remember this for nest time.