Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - learningit - 2015-07-04

(2015-07-04, 00:49)Hitcher Wrote: Yes, disable the addon view setting and then cycle through the views until you get the one best suited for the artwork. Once set Kodi will remember this for nest time.
But that has to be done for each show doesn't it? Are you saying that an addon should never use Container.SetViewMode()? A bunch of them do.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-04

Actually, using the latest Git version, you should be able to use 56 for Default view and 55 for the Episode view in your addon and everything will work correctly for all shows. Big Grin

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - User 276873 - 2015-07-04

One of Isengards most useful features is skip step aka adaptive seeking, as it allows quick navigation through movies, especially streamed movies:

Of course, it works fine on fTV, except for one issue: while using it, there is no way to figure out on which position you actually are right now, because unlike Confluence, fTV shows no progress bar.

Is there a way to enable this function?

Just bring up the info screen beforehand.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - b711 - 2015-07-04

Hitcher, even though I like your OSMC skin as well, I would like to use the fTV Skin on my RPi2 with OSMC as well (i meanwhile got my Fire TV Stick remote working on OSMC), but I get a "dependency not met error" everytime I try to install the skin - I manually installed all required addons, including of course nextup notification and script.toolbox. Is there something special "under the hood" of OSMC that could prevent the use of fTV Skin?

Some of the addons required have updated version on GitHub that I'm using so double check the version numbers are correct.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - ms510 - 2015-07-04

Whats the format /naming for posters of TV-Shows? I have poster.jpg and season-all-poster.jpg in every show. It works great in confluence and eminence but not fTV. Seems a small part of the folder.jpg is used and zoomed to fit the poster.

Already deleted the library entries and added the shows again but that didnt help. Im using local scrapper only.

Any ideas?

Michael

fTV (Isengard only) - b711 - 2015-07-04

(2015-07-04, 14:21)Hitcher Wrote: Some of the addons required have updated version on GitHub that I'm using so double check the version numbers are correct.
Sorry, my fault - OSMC is still on Helix 14.2. Thanks anyway

(2015-07-04, 14:25)ms510 Wrote: Whats the format /naming for posters of TV-Shows? I have poster.jpg and season-all-poster.jpg in every show. It works great in confluence and eminence but not fTV. Seems a small part of the folder.jpg is used and zoomed to fit the poster.

Already deleted the library entries and added the shows again but that didnt help. Im using local scrapper only.

Any ideas?

Michael

Sounds like the local scraper isn't setting ListItem.Art(poster) correctly. Got a screenshot?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - learningit - 2015-07-04

(2015-07-04, 09:53)Hitcher Wrote: Actually, using the latest Git version, you should be able to use 56 for Default view and 55 for the Episode view in your addon and everything will work correctly for all shows. Big Grin

Yes, that's great. I was using 56 and 57 previously. I wasn't trying to bug you about this, I'm setting the defaults of all my addons (about 50 now) for this skin because they really look so much better in the fTV skin. Some of my addons really need to override the views to look half decent under any skin because of the odd shaped images. Thanks for your help on this.

No problem. Smile

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - User 276873 - 2015-07-05

(2015-07-04, 14:19)Hitcher Wrote: Just bring up the info screen beforehand.

Thanks for the hint, Hitcher Wink But when you use skip step by press-and-hold the button, the progress won't show up until you release the button again.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-06

Yeah I know, this is how it's done on the Fire TV though.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - eskay993 - 2015-07-06

(2015-07-05, 21:48)schlomo Wrote:
(2015-07-04, 14:19)Hitcher Wrote: Just bring up the info screen beforehand.

Thanks for the hint, Hitcher Wink But when you use skip step by press-and-hold the button, the progress won't show up until you release the button again.

(2015-07-06, 00:23)Hitcher Wrote: Yeah I know, this is how it's done on the Fire TV though.

That is how it works on an actual FTV, but I agree with schlomo. In a kodi world, when you use small and big step, it's very hard navigating around a video (pressing info first does not work since you can't skip when info is up). You have to seek blind and hope you are where you think you are, or press info after a few skips which is not a great user experience..

I made a mod the does 3 things:

- display the progress bar when skipping/seeking
- place a small orange "nib" or marker so you can see where you are skipping to (similar to how aeon nox does it)
- move the circular arrow indicator thingy up so it doesn't overlap with the progress

I'm not entirely happy with the orange marker thing, but it temporary for now and make navigating much much MUCH easier.

Files here if anyone wants them (just replace the files in skin.ftv but make a backup first!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nudzzouoqoje70h/skin.ftv-seekbar-mod.zip?dl=0

Cheers

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-06

I'll have another think about adding something for the next release.