Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - cesk1090 - 2015-07-21

Hi Hitcher and thank you for this amazing skin..i've a problem with poster size...my movie posters are cropped as in those images...the size of the poster is 1000x1426 as on fanart.tv site...how can i solve this problem? thanks

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-21

(2015-07-20, 22:01)iRubin Wrote: Hey,

thank you for the pictures.
Now I know what was wrong. In your standard configurations are Series but in the moment I don't have any configured in Kodi.
No sieries in the homemenu! Because of that the Addons were in the next Shortcut displayed.
Same problem when I set the Shortcuts and than I try to add some new Shortcuts and resort all.

It would be great if we can easily resort the shortcuts like in setup for the Homemenu.

Last Point, in the Systemoptions is on the left side on the top a white dot.
Only in that menu...

Thank you for your hard work at this project and of course for your help!!!
I'll probably remove setting the widgets up to a separate screen as they're linked to the actual position in the main list and not the items. It's impossible to have them linked to the items by the way as I'd have no way of knowing what their names are to use in the condition to display them.
(2015-07-21, 03:22)clackerdacker Wrote:
(2015-07-18, 22:28)Hitcher Wrote: Sorry guys, forgot to mention that you'll also need the GitHub version of skin shortcuts.

I have the git versions of ftv and skinshortcuts installed on on my Windows machine and RPi2. They're both using the same RC version of 15 but on the Windows machine I can select between square and poster etc for the submenus whilst on the RPi2 I can't, i.e. it just shows square.

Anyone have any ideas?
Delete both and also any zips found in the packages folder, then try reinstalling.
(2015-07-21, 04:50)gbzygil Wrote: Can someone tell me why my Tv-Shows home screen icon won't show its contents unless i click it(or get inside it) ? (Confluence shows it just by hovering over the tv-shows home screen icon)
Have you added them?
(2015-07-21, 07:47)hsus Wrote:
(2015-07-20, 19:14)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-20, 18:08)springroll Wrote: This is not a skin-specific question but is somehow related.
As all the widgets and custom playlists take some time to load, and I noticed that there are times that they don't load properly at all if you don't give them some time to load first.
Is there any way to either:
1. suspend the operation of Kodi until everything is loaded, or
2. not show the skin until everything is loaded?
Nope. What system are you running on? Maybe reduce the amount you have?

Been thinking about this, wouldn't you be able to set a splash screen that displays for a user set amount of time? So if you know that it takes 8 seconds on the rpi you can just enable the splash screen and set time to 8 seconds? Also video splash screens have been discussed (and made) if one were to add a video splash screen the content would load in the background (albeit slower) would it not? And then the user wouldn't feel like they were waiting (as opposed to a static 8 second splash)
You're still going to have to wait as they're only loaded when you select each item for the first time.

(2015-07-21, 10:22)cesk1090 Wrote: Hi Hitcher and thank you for this amazing skin..i've a problem with poster size...my movie posters are cropped as in those images...the size of the poster is 1000x1426 as on fanart.tv site...how can i solve this problem? thanks

Use themoviedb.org as they use a ratio of 1:1.5.

(2015-07-21, 10:31)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 10:22)cesk1090 Wrote: Hi Hitcher and thank you for this amazing skin..i've a problem with poster size...my movie posters are cropped as in those images...the size of the poster is 1000x1426 as on fanart.tv site...how can i solve this problem? thanks

Use themoviedb.org as they use a ratio of 1:1.5.

all my movies have this kind of size...is there another way to solve this problem?

You could change the image aspect to stretch in the viewtype.

fTV (Isengard only) - iRubin - 2015-07-21

A Question...

Maybe for an newer version of fTV in the future you can change the configuration of the Thumbnail-sizes for more abilities. (Square , Poster...)

I mean not the number of sizes. (But a List-View for TV Shows would be amazing)

I think it would be great if you can choose in your movie shortcut between the Poster-View for your movies and the Square-View for some Movie-Addons or Genre-stuff...

Thank you for your answer!!!

Not possible because of the way the lists are displayed - each horizontal list is actually a separate item for a single vertical list.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - graphicology - 2015-07-21

Hello,

when i try to run USTVNOW it just hangs, is it supported with this skin?

thank You

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - bigboy008 - 2015-07-21

Hi there,

I've beginner question. After sucessfully installing Kodi 15 on my fire tv stick. I tried installing FTV skin. However I get an error saying dependencies not met.

When I looked into the addon.xml there was a section saying "requires":

xbmc.gui" version="5.9.0" /
script.toolbox" version="1.0.0" />
script.favourites" version="5.0.2" /
"script.extendedinfo" version="2.0.3" />
"script.globalsearch" version="3.0.4" />
"script.skinshortcuts" version="0.4.0" />
"script.artwork.downloader

Do I now need to find all those addons my self and manually need to install them or how can I resolve this?

thank you for answering

(2015-07-21, 13:53)graphicology Wrote: Hello,

thank You
Supported how?
(2015-07-21, 15:23)bigboy008 Wrote: Hi there,

I've beginner question. After sucessfully installing Kodi 15 on my fire tv stick. I tried installing FTV skin. However I get an error saying dependencies not met.

Do I now need to find all those addons my self and manually need to install them or how can I resolve this?

thank you for answering
If you installed from ZIP then they would be downloaded and installed automatically, if not you'll need to search the Kodi repo and install them. Note you'll need the latest GitHub version of script.skinshortcuts though.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - holydhaliwal - 2015-07-21

Hello, loving the skin so far. Especially with the new custom widgets addition.

I'm wondering if it would be possible in some future version to add a sort of "Kiosk" mode to the skin, in which making view changes, updating artwork, etc would be disable. I took some screenshots to demonstrate. Obviously what I mean by this is that the buttons crossed off would be removed entirely, and only visible if Kiosk mode is disabled. This would be to prevent users from accidently making changes or ending up in a confusing situation if they are not Kodi savvy. Thanks for the great work!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - bigboy008 - 2015-07-21

(2015-07-21, 15:31)Hitcher Wrote:

thank You
Supported how?

thank you for answering
If you installed from ZIP then they would be downloaded and installed automatically, if not you'll need to search the Kodi repo and install them. Note you'll need the latest GitHub version of script.skinshortcuts though.

What I did was I downloaded first the skinshortcuts addon from here:
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts

downloaded as zip file. Tried installing in Kodi with addon-> install from zip
Got an error saying "dependencies not met"

then tried installing FTV skin from here.

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv

again save as zip and then installing from Kodi with "install from zip".
And I got the same error message "dependencies not met".

Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-07-21

Do you have script.extendedinfo?
The log would help pinpointing what you are missing.

(2015-07-21, 16:20)bigboy008 Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 15:31)Hitcher Wrote:

thank You
Supported how?

thank you for answering

What I did was I downloaded first the skinshortcuts addon from here:
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts

downloaded as zip file. Tried installing in Kodi with addon-> install from zip
Got an error saying "dependencies not met"

then tried installing FTV skin from here.

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv

again save as zip and then installing from Kodi with "install from zip".
And I got the same error message "dependencies not met".

Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

fTV (Isengard only) - stueeey - 2015-07-21

(2015-07-21, 15:56)holydhaliwal Wrote: Hello, loving the skin so far. Especially with the new custom widgets addition.

I'm wondering if it would be possible in some future version to add a sort of "Kiosk" mode to the skin, in which making view changes, updating artwork, etc would be disable. I took some screenshots to demonstrate. Obviously what I mean by this is that the buttons crossed off would be removed entirely, and only visible if Kiosk mode is disabled. This would be to prevent users from accidently making changes or ending up in a confusing situation if they are not Kodi savvy. Thanks for the great work!

+1 - (my kids keep changing view type by accident)

would also be great to have an option to disable the cast, reason for the request...

PleXBMC doesn't transpose the actor images. so they remain blank.

I used a 1000x1500 image for this poster but it is already cropped...it should be like in the original poster...hitcher can you tell me what lines on the xml file i have to edit to solve this problem?