Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

fTV (Isengard only) - stueeey - 2015-07-21

(2015-07-21, 21:05)cesk1090 Wrote: I used a 1000x1500 image for this poster but it is already cropped...it should be like in the original poster...hitcher can you tell me what lines on the xml file i have to edit to solve this problem?

@cesk1090 are you by any chance running kodi on a MacBook Laptop? if so I believe there is a Mac OS X issue with the screen aspect ratio... not skin related. if this is the issue you could try adjusting your MacBook display ratio or the Kodi setting under -->System-->Video Ouput -->Display

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - cesk1090 - 2015-07-21

(2015-07-21, 21:56)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 21:05)cesk1090 Wrote: I used a 1000x1500 image for this poster but it is already cropped...it should be like in the original poster...hitcher can you tell me what lines on the xml file i have to edit to solve this problem?

@cesk1090 are you by any chance running kodi on a MacBook Laptop? if so I believe there is a Mac OS X issue with the screen aspect ratio... not skin related. if this is the issue you could try adjusting your MacBook display ratio or the Kodi setting under -->System-->Video Ouput -->Display

i've tried to change the video output on kodi but there is the same problem

(2015-07-21, 22:16)cesk1090 Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 21:56)stueeey Wrote:

i've tried to change the video output on kodi but there is the same problem

presuming this is a Mac OS X display issue... I believe MacBook displays are 16:10 if you hook up the MacBook to a display/TV you could adjust the 2nd display aspect to 16:9

interested to hear if there is a solution to this issue, if there is I've never found it... but I only use my MacBook as a test bed b4 installing on a macmini. I know that PLEX PHT resolved the issue a few months back they released a fix to crop the bottom of the display.

so @stueee you say that this problem disappears on a widescreen 16:9 tv?

(2015-07-21, 22:58)cesk1090 Wrote: so @stueee you say that this problem disappears on a widescreen 16:9 tv?

yes... probably best to move this subject to another forum as I do not believe it is fTV or skin related... suggest to test you try loading another skin to see if you still have cropped images... if so its 99% OS X issue try hooking up to a display and selecting a 16:9 ratio for the 2nd display.

(2015-07-21, 23:05)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 22:58)cesk1090 Wrote: so @stueee you say that this problem disappears on a widescreen 16:9 tv?

yes... probably best to move this subject to another forum as I do not believe it is fTV or skin related... suggest to test you try loading another skin to see if you still have cropped images... if so its 99% OS X issue try hooking up to a display and selecting a 16:9 ratio for the 2nd display.

confirmed...i found a tip to change to 16:9 aspect ratio and it's all ok now

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - lozad - 2015-07-22

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - nikicampos - 2015-07-22

Hi, I just installed 1.2.3 and I can't seem to get the Movie and TVShows widgets to appear, downloaded skinshortcuts from the link above, nothing, deleted the ftv skin and skinshortcuts reinstalled them again and nothing.

Also, in settings, I can't modify the Favorites.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I delete skinshortcut.zip from "packages" and now the widgets are showing, I guess it wasn't installing the github version until I deleted that one.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - gbzygil - 2015-07-22

(2015-07-21, 10:24)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 04:50)gbzygil Wrote: Can someone tell me why my Tv-Shows home screen icon won't show its contents unless i click it(or get inside it) ? (Confluence shows it just by hovering over the tv-shows home screen icon)
Have you added them?

Yes, i have. Like i said, it shows just by hovering in confluence...
(Awesome skin btw)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-22

Confluence doesn't use skin shortcuts so that's got nothing to do with your problem. Wink

Have you gone in to Settings Appearance > > Skin > Settings > Customise Home Menus and then customised the sub menus?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - cesk1090 - 2015-07-22

Are the audio flag visible on the poster view?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Oath - 2015-07-22

(2015-07-21, 15:56)holydhaliwal Wrote: Hello, loving the skin so far. Especially with the new custom widgets addition.

I'm wondering if it would be possible in some future version to add a sort of "Kiosk" mode to the skin, in which making view changes, updating artwork, etc would be disable. I took some screenshots to demonstrate. Obviously what I mean by this is that the buttons crossed off would be removed entirely, and only visible if Kiosk mode is disabled. This would be to prevent users from accidently making changes or ending up in a confusing situation if they are not Kodi savvy. Thanks for the great work!

Great idea man

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Inferio - 2015-07-22

Hello all, i am newbie in regards to this skin, i am trying everything possible to get it operating like the successors here. No matter what I do nothing shows up in the home screen, I've got the latest update of the skin and the skin shortcut also. What am i doing wrong, it seems so simple but yet so difficult lol. Please help me, I've been reading all through this thread and to no avail, same result. When i go to customize the main menu all that is listed doesn't even show up on the home menu (Movies, TV Shows). The only way anything will show up i have to click on it or ( go inside it) so It can appear. I'm getting frustrated, i feel like giving up, I've been working on this for days and I'm right back where I started

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Vx1one - 2015-07-22

Quick question. I know Live TV is not officially supported but my question is more about the widgets on the home page. I would like to add TVGuide and TVRecordings under Live TV. I have created the submenu for Live TV and added two widgets for guide and recordings but I cannot get them to show up on the home page under the Live TV item. I would attempt this by adding them to favorites first but I don't see a way to make these items a favorite. Some guidance would be appreciated.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Skribbler1 - 2015-07-22

(2015-07-22, 13:32)Inferio Wrote: Hello all, i am newbie in regards to this skin, i am trying everything possible to get it operating like the successors here. No matter what I do nothing shows up in the home screen, I've got the latest update of the skin and the skin shortcut also. What am i doing wrong, it seems so simple but yet so difficult lol. Please help me, I've been reading all through this thread and to no avail, same result. When i go to customize the main menu all that is listed doesn't even show up on the home menu (Movies, TV Shows). The only way anything will show up i have to click on it or ( go inside it) so It can appear. I'm getting frustrated, i feel like giving up, I've been working on this for days and I'm right back where I started

I'm in the same boat as you mate. I've reverted back to an older version for now.