Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

fTV (Isengard only) - iRubin - 2015-07-22

(2015-07-22, 14:48)Vx1one Wrote: Quick question. I know Live TV is not officially supported but my question is more about the widgets on the home page. I would like to add TVGuide and TVRecordings under Live TV. I have created the submenu for Live TV and added two widgets for guide and recordings but I cannot get them to show up on the home page under the Live TV item. I would attempt this by adding them to favorites first but I don't see a way to make these items a favorite. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Good question, same problem here...

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - nikicampos - 2015-07-22

(2015-07-22, 13:32)Inferio Wrote: Hello all, i am newbie in regards to this skin, i am trying everything possible to get it operating like the successors here. No matter what I do nothing shows up in the home screen, I've got the latest update of the skin and the skin shortcut also. What am i doing wrong, it seems so simple but yet so difficult lol. Please help me, I've been reading all through this thread and to no avail, same result. When i go to customize the main menu all that is listed doesn't even show up on the home menu (Movies, TV Shows). The only way anything will show up i have to click on it or ( go inside it) so It can appear. I'm getting frustrated, i feel like giving up, I've been working on this for days and I'm right back where I started

(2015-07-22, 15:20)Skribbler1 Wrote: I'm in the same boat as you mate. I've reverted back to an older version for now.

Hi, I think you are having the same problems as I did.

First you need to delete all of the skin.ftv-xxx and script.skinshortcuts.xxx that you have, you can have 2 or 3 files with names like that, delete them from Kodi/addons

The other one that I deleted was script.skinshortcuts.xxx from Kodi/userdata/addon_data

But the one that really made the difference was deleting xxx.skinshortcuts.ZIP from Kodi/addons/packages beacuse I believe that having that one didn't allow me to install the github version.

Note: You will need to install script.skinshortcuts from github https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts

I did all of this and then activated the widgets and they are showing just fine in the homescreen.

EDIT: Also, remember that you also need https://github.com/phil65/script.toolbox installed

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - erhnam - 2015-07-22

I just installed the final version of Kodi 15.0 and used the latest version from github (Version 1.2.3). I have added several movie sources to my library. Confluence seems to work fine. When using fTV the home screen remains black (see screenshot). However when I enter Movies the movies are listed. I also tried the steps described above.. Any clue what might be wrong?

Re: RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Martijn - 2015-07-22

(2015-07-22, 20:24)erhnam Wrote: I just installed the final version of Kodi 15.0 and used the latest version from github (Version 1.2.3). I have added several movie sources to my library. Confluence seems to work fine. When using fTV the home screen remains black (see screenshot). However when I enter Movies the movies are listed. Any clue what might be wrong?

Likely you are missing some scripts as mentioned in OP because you manually unzipped?

(2015-07-22, 20:28)Martijn Wrote: Likely you are missing some scripts as mentioned in OP because you manually unzipped?

Damn you're good! I forgot to install script.toolbox. Now it's working perfectly! Many thanks and very nice skin btw.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-22

You'll also need the Github version of skin shortcuts as I'm using a new commit to build the home menus.

(2015-07-22, 20:51)Hitcher Wrote: You'll also need the Github version of skin shortcuts as I'm using a new commit to build the home menus.

Thanks, in fact I did, the only thing missing was the script.toolbox. To use a smart playlist, add it as a favorite, then add it as a widget. This skin is really powerful!!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - baruchin - 2015-07-22

(2015-07-22, 20:51)Hitcher Wrote: You'll also need the Github version of skin shortcuts as I'm using a new commit to build the home menus.
Hi Hitcher, amazed for what you have accomplished so far. I've been here since the concept idea.

I already asked you this since fTV was out of beta but this question becomes even more important now that Kodi 15.0 final is already released ¿Is there a possibility of downloading your amazing skin from a third party repo so beginners could easily and automatically download all tools that are required to run the skin properly? IMHO I think this move would make your skin far more popular than already is, and as an added bonus wouldn't made new users flood this thread with repetitive questions.

Just my two cents.

Congrats for having the best looking skin for Kodi.

Barusch

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-22

I wont be putting it on a repo until I've finalised it as things could still change/break as it's still in Beta.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Inferio - 2015-07-23

I finally got everything working, thanku guys for all of your help.
Question, why does it take so long to transition when I click over?
For example, when I'm at the home screen and i decide to watch a movie or show once I click over I takes about 2 to 4 seconds to appear, is it something I'm doing wrong here? I've noticed in people's videos their's transitions perfectly, how do i correct this?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-07-23

When you said clicking over, you meant hitting the right button to see the items within a list, yes?
If so, the list may belong to a certain add-on widget that you set up, and if the add-on loads slowly, it'll take a while, if it loads quickly, it can be quick. It's dependent on the widget, not the skin.

(2015-07-23, 15:59)Inferio Wrote: I finally got everything working, thanku guys for all of your help.
For example, when I'm at the home screen and i decide to watch a movie or show once I click over I takes about 2 to 4 seconds to appear, is it something I'm doing wrong here? I've noticed in people's videos their's transitions perfectly, how do i correct this?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - robflate - 2015-07-23

I'm on OSX and cannot get the homepage widgets to show up using the latest fTV from github. They work fine using fTV v1.0 from the MediaFire link. I tried all the suggestions in this thread about deleting files and folders including the file in the 'Packages' folder and installing toolbox and skinshortcuts from github but nothing worked. As a last resort I tried the following;

- Completely deleted Kodi and /Application Support/Kodi/ folder.
- Fresh install of Kodi 15.0 RC2.
- Installed script.toolbox from github.
- Installed script.skinshortcuts from github.
- Added sources.

Still no widgets on the homepage. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-07-23

(2015-07-23, 15:59)Inferio Wrote: I finally got everything working, thanku guys for all of your help.
What's actually happening is you're leaving the home screen and loading the corresponding items window (eg Home > Video Library) and depending on the type of content Kodi can take some time to load it. Also having a low powered system will make the transitions slower.
(2015-07-23, 17:45)robflate Wrote: I'm on OSX and cannot get the homepage widgets to show up using the latest fTV from github. They work fine using fTV v1.0 from the MediaFire link. I tried all the suggestions in this thread about deleting files and folders including the file in the 'Packages' folder and installing toolbox and skinshortcuts from github but nothing worked. As a last resort I tried the following;

- Completely deleted Kodi and /Application Support/Kodi/ folder.
- Fresh install of Kodi 15.0 RC2.
- Installed script.toolbox from github.
- Installed script.skinshortcuts from github.
- Added sources.

Still no widgets on the homepage. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You missed the vital part. Wink

- Set up the home screen.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - mikkelnl - 2015-07-23

Love the skin so far.

There's just one thing I'd like to see: the widget 'Recently added episodes' shows the thumb miniature from that episode. I'd like to see the poster or square image for the Show itself (not the episode-specific thumb).

That way, I can play the latest episode directly from the widget, and have the widget show the show's poster image. The poster image immediately shows me what show the episode belongs to, the episode-thumb is more vague.

Sort of like the widget 'Recently updates shows', but that widget makes me move through Series > Season > Episodes > Latest Episode.

Cheers!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - nikicampos - 2015-07-24

(2015-07-23, 23:11)mikkelnl Wrote: Love the skin so far.

There's just one thing I'd like to see: the widget 'Recently added episodes' shows the thumb miniature from that episode. I'd like to see the poster or square image for the Show itself (not the episode-specific thumb).

That way, I can play the latest episode directly from the widget, and have the widget show the show's poster image. The poster image immediately shows me what show the episode belongs to, the episode-thumb is more vague.

Sort of like the widget 'Recently updates shows', but that widget makes me move through Series > Season > Episodes > Latest Episode.

Cheers!

The closest thing that you will have to what you want is this.

- You won't have to scroll to the latest unwatched episode, it will take you to the latest unwatched episode with just a few clicks.
Go to "Settings/Videos/Library/Select first unwatched TV Show season / episode" and select "Always".

- This will hide the preview thumb of every unwatched episode.
Go to "Settings/Appearance/Skin/Settings/Hide Unwatched Episode Thumbs" turn that ON.