Kodi Community Forum
New HiMedia Q5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: New HiMedia Q5 (/showthread.php?tid=207730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: New HiMedia Q5 - looun - 2015-07-26

(2015-07-26, 19:28)woundedgoat Wrote: Hello guys,

Just picked up this player and even with the firmware 1.0.9 im getting stuttering on 24p playback?

Also if i try to playback Dolby Atmos audio my AV Reviever is only recieving a stereo signal, i have changed the audio settings to raw and selected passthrough inside kodi.

DTS-HD is working as it should so im kond of stumped as to what to do.

Any suggestions?

you can use internal kodi player(dvdplayer) you must use external himediaviaoplayer with himediawrapper http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=60.0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for all, with this version of playercorefactory.xml should be work watched flag
http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index.php/Thread/1956-L%C3%B6sung-Datei-als-gesehen-markiert/?postID=28838#post28838
just copy on sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

RE: New HiMedia Q5 - hdmkv - 2015-07-27

You mean this one looun? With firmware 1.0.9.1 I noticed HiMedia already implemented a feature where a pop-up message comes up when you start a movie asking you to select 'OK' after playback has finished... so, when you're done with the external (HiMedia) player and return to Kodi UI, that pop-up is there waiting for you to mark the movie as watched. It's a hack (as you may not have actually finished the movie), but better than nothing.

RE: New HiMedia Q5 - looun - 2015-07-27

i think si different post, i cann't test until 9 August

RE: New HiMedia Q5 - woundedgoat - 2015-07-27

Thanks looun, i will give this a shot today.

(2015-07-27, 08:44)woundedgoat Wrote: Thanks looun, i will give this a shot today.

I followed all the instruction to install the wrapper and now no video's will launch in Kodi?

I am able to play the files perfectly in the MediaCenter

Any idea what has gone wrong?

(2015-07-27, 11:59)woundedgoat Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 08:44)woundedgoat Wrote: Thanks looun, i will give this a shot today.

I followed all the instruction to install the wrapper and now no video's will launch in Kodi?

if you play file from shared folder with password, wrapper not work!
(please note if you use XBMC/KODI to play files from SMB network, the SMB network should have no User ID and Password.)

(2015-07-27, 14:48)looun Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 11:59)woundedgoat Wrote:

(please note if you use XBMC/KODI to play files from SMB network, the SMB network should have no User ID and Password.)

I am using NFS share, no password set up, Kodi will not launch any files now.

So now when I goto select a file to play a box comes up saying "External Player Active - Click OK when playback has ended" When I click OK in that box nothing happens, the file does not start playing.

Im stumped.

(2015-07-27, 16:26)woundedgoat Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 14:48)looun Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 11:59)woundedgoat Wrote: I followed all the instruction to install the wrapper and now no video's will launch in Kodi?

So now when I goto select a file to play a box comes up saying "External Player Active - Click OK when playback has ended" When I click OK in that box nothing happens, the file does not start playing.

Im stumped.

do you use kodi 15? try 14 and/or SMB share

(2015-07-27, 17:56)looun Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 16:26)woundedgoat Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 14:48)looun Wrote: if you play file from shared folder with password, wrapper not work!

Im stumped.

do you use kodi 15? try 14 and/or SMB share

Yes I have tried 14.2 - 15 - and even the latest nightly build.

I have found out from Futeko that the wrapper does not work with NFS, so I tried to setup a Samba share but typically when I try to add I get to the Workgroup and I have a "Connection timed out message"

I hate Windows, I really wish Mac would sort some HD Audio drivers Stat!

I'm not even seeing that playercorefactory.xml you guys are talking about at that link. I did have success modifying HiMedia's playercorefactory.xml to have it play live TV/PVR via Kodi DVDPlayer vs. HiMediaWrapper (HiMediaPlayer) by changing this part...
Code:
<rule protocols="pvr" player="DVDPlayer" >
    <rule video="true" videoresolution="540" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*540.*" player="XBMCWrapper"/>
    <rule video="true" videoresolution="720" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*720.*" player="XBMCWrapper"/>
    <rule video="true" videoresolution="1080" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*1080.*" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*0.pvr" player="dvdplayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*1.pvr" player="dvdplayer"/>
</rule>

Haven't tested extensively, but seems to work with my DVBLink set-up and 720p and 1080i ATSC mpeg2 OTA streams.

RE: New HiMedia Q5 - Skank - 2015-07-27

Hdmkv,
If so.
We could modify to only play iso which mostly are 3d movies.. Right?
In that way, all other files would still use internal kodi player and have kodi gui?

So I seem to of hit another stumbling block, SMB does not see to allow external mounted drives to be shared, when trying to add them I am prompted for a password.

Does anyone think they will make this wrapper work with NFS shares? if not then I need to find another solution.

(2015-07-27, 20:24)Skank Wrote: Hdmkv,
If so.
We could modify to only play iso which mostly are 3d movies.. Right?
In that way, all other files would still use internal kodi player and have kodi gui?
I believe it's possible. I think you'll want HiMedia player to play MKV's, TS, M2TS, etc. as well to get 23.976 and HD audio. So, maybe include something like this (modified from what the German forum guy did, plus the PVR part I posted above)...
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="HimediaXBMCWrapper" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>com.himedia.xbmcwrapper</filename>
      <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
      <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
   </player>
</players>

<rule protocols="pvr" player="DVDPlayer" >
    <rule video="true" videoresolution="540" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*540.*" player="XBMCWrapper"/>
    <rule video="true" videoresolution="720" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*720.*" player="XBMCWrapper"/>
    <rule video="true" videoresolution="1080" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*1080.*" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*0.pvr" player="dvdplayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*1.pvr" player="dvdplayer"/>
</rule>

<rules action="prepend">
<!-- *.ts files via HimediaPlayer -->    
    <rule filetypes="ts" player="HimediaXBMCWrapper"/>
<!-- Blu-ray folder contents via HimediaPlayer -->        
    <rule name="blu-ray file" videoresolution="1080" filetypes="m2ts|bdmv|mpls" player="HimediaXBMCWrapper"/>
<!-- Bluray-ISO via HimediaPlayer -->    
    <rule name="bluray-iso" videoresolution="1080" filetypes="iso" player="HimediaXBMCWrapper"/>
<!-- DVD-ISO via Kodi DVDPlayer -->        
    <rule name="DVD-iso" dvdimage="true" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Now, only having done a copy/paste and simply looking at the logic, above makes sense to me, but no idea if it's all proper.

RE: New HiMedia Q5 - roy8846 - 2015-07-27

Just ordered a Q5 and receive tomorrow (futeko) Big Grin

Hopefully the modded xml does work so we get the best of both worlds!

I'm going to keep playing around with the XML until we get what we want, or close to it. I think we want HiMediaPlayer used for most file types except DVD ISO's or DVD resolution (480, 576) files, OTA HDTV live streams (mpeg2 in the U.S.), plus any AVI/DIVX/XVID files right?

Also, the PVR part will need to be different for Europe as it's H.264.