Kodi Community Forum
Kyra for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Kyra for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=208371)

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - Goliath2000 - 2015-07-15

@meridius you really do have great skills in photoshop. I love this theme!

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - meridius - 2015-07-15

Thanks I am always learning it as there's tones of options and tricks.

The music view I posted in the remote view was wrong as the left image will be the cover art of the album and the Amy winehouse would be the track number and name and under that in small text would be artist name and album.

It was just a rough design to show the layout as Richard wanted some idea. As the remote view is going to be started soon.

I think the two hardest views to do will be the remote and TV shows as there are a lot of things in them views since the music view is just about done and movies is simple I think. lol I have not looked at the actor views yet but have a good idea for it to work. I hope.

On that subject @ Richard.

When we design the remote view I think we should do the 5 user colour option to as if we do all the views and go back to the colours we might miss something as there is a lot of colour highlights in each view. So when one view is done the next should be easier to program the different colours for. What do you think

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - rschiks - 2015-07-15

(2015-07-15, 18:50)meridius Wrote: On that subject @ Richard.

When we design the remote view I think we should do the 5 user colour option to as if we do all the views and go back to the colours we might miss something as there is a lot of colour highlights in each view. So when one view is done the next should be easier to program the different colours for. What do you think

I agree, that's also why I already made the theme settings option in version 1.6 Big Grin I was thinking of introducing your 5 pre-defined colours and a custom colour, which you can adjust with RGB sliders.

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - Goliath2000 - 2015-07-15

it's just one view that I miss Smile its actually picture/wallpaper view Big Grin I hope its something that can be implemented later on

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - meridius - 2015-07-15

(2015-07-15, 20:00)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-07-15, 18:50)meridius Wrote: On that subject @ Richard.

I agree, that's also why I already made the theme settings option in version 1.6 Big Grin I was thinking of introducing your 5 pre-defined colours and a custom colour, which you can adjust with RGB sliders.

Excellent sounds great

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - rschiks - 2015-07-16

(2015-07-15, 20:54)Goliath2000 Wrote: it's just one view that I miss Smile its actually picture/wallpaper view Big Grin I hope its something that can be implemented later on

Of course this can always be added later on.

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - Goliath2000 - 2015-07-17

whats up guys! Any activity going on here? = )

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - rschiks - 2015-07-17

The experimental cache movies in memory can now be switched on via a new settings screen called experimental settings.

I have changed the power menu a little bit.

To the settings screens I have added the following power menu options:
- Save selected host as default - When checked it will save the host as default to connect to at startup when connected to in the carousel (this will override the hosts settings).
- The off button can be one of the following: shutdown, suspend and hibernate. The big button in the power menu changes as the 4 small buttons underneath it.

I have also added the quit kodi button to the power menu.

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - bsoriano - 2015-07-17

Looking great! Is this going to be a part of 1.6?

Regards,

Bart

(2015-07-17, 20:44)bsoriano Wrote: Looking great! Is this going to be a part of 1.6?

Regards,

Bart

Yes, it is.

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - Goliath2000 - 2015-07-17

cache movies in memory is a great thing! I hope this can fix the problem that some of us have encountered.

(2015-06-28, 18:54)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 18:30)DrJogalog Wrote: Hi.
I have been a long time user of the XBMC Commander app on iOS but unfortunately the developer is no longer maintaining and hasn't for a number of years. Its a very simple app that ticked all the boxes for my use but the recent iOS8.3 update stopped slider bars showing and now google have disabled their 2.0 API, that option no longer works either. So although I still use it to control the Kodi instances in my house with limited features, I have been looking for an alternative for a while.

There are quite a few but most are not very well structured, have limited customisation and are just too complicated and "messy" to be any kind if successor to my current broken option. Now, this is where Kodi Control Centre can fill that gap, I think.

I just need something very simple. I don't use music or live tv and don't options for any fancy plugins etc. i just need an app that can show me the library for movies and tv shows as well as the underlying file structure because "cartoons" are not listed in my library (not very easy to manage old cartoon seasons etc). I need to be able to play any of these files and obviously use the controls to pause, forward and check audio/video options etc. now, this app seems to be able to do all that, I think, and also allows me to customise and options and the display etc. However, I have a few questions before I purchase the application.

Can the app queue videos? ie. A movie is playing and I want to queue up 2 tv shows behind it on the fly. Is this possible as I cannot see any 'queue' selection, only play local or on Kodi etc. If this is possible, can it be done on files that are not in the library and also youtube videos too (from the files list etc)?

I have a number of questions and possibly suggestions too but I just wanted to clarify whether queuing is possible first. The app does look great by the way. Very modern

Thanks in advance.

Edit -I just bought it anyway given the temporary price reduction. :-)

Hi,

Queueing from the files menu is not possible yet....:-)
I have just checked the api and it says that you could also add files to the playlist.

"id": "Playlist.Item",
"type": [
{
"additionalProperties": false,
"properties": {
"file": {
"description": "Path to a file (not a directory) to be added to the playlist",
"required": true,
"type": "string"
}
},
"type": "object"
}

I will add this option for the next version. No problem.

I have been testing with this and can't get it to work.
In the files menu there can be different kind of file types, e.g. .mp3, .nfo, .mov, .jpg, etc.
For video and audio there are two different playlists.....I guess you can see my problem: I have no idea to which playlist I should add which file :-(
I will need to do some additional testing to see if it will be an option you decide for yourself to which playlist you want to add it to the queue.

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - rschiks - 2015-07-18

This is someone making very happy Big Grin

You can change the on color for a host to either green or blue:

RE: Kodi Control Center (unofficial remote) - Njaynl - 2015-07-18

Any news for the queue buttons ? Big Grin