Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Animation thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Kodi Animation thread (/showthread.php?tid=209673)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Piers - 2014-12-14

The Cellular Generation one. It's simple and clean but would also make a boot screen animation (for those who want it for that purpose).

RE: Kodi Animation thread - portuga2000 - 2014-12-15

Damn! That's nice! Smile

The celular animation is spot on!

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Ned Scott - 2014-12-15

How about something that can loop? Not really for a boot animation, but maybe as a kind of "screen saver". Except not a real screen saver, so it doesn't have to jump around to prevent burn-in. More of an "idle screen animation" thing that can loop.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Karnagious - 2014-12-15

How about one that could be used as a post-click mouse cursor animation?

RE: Kodi Animation thread - unexpectedpanda - 2014-12-16

(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Had to cut out a part of the animation, original one is longer and 1080p.

Wonderfully impressive. I guess I'm too used to making things square, but if I may make a suggestion -- the slow horizontal levelling of the logo/text at the end actually made me angle my head, like I was looking at a crooked painting. Perhaps just a zoom instead of the zoom and final slow rotation? The slight anti-clockwise tilt after the initial zoom had the same effect for me.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - scottt732 - 2014-12-17

I don’t know what you guys do for a living, but if you ever get bored this is incredibly impressive work and the concepts (X-to-K thing, square-to-K, unfolding, etc.) are brilliant.

(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Image

This is definitely still my favorite. I agree with unexpectedpanda about the rotation at the end. I think would 'feel better' if it were level once the words show up.

The gel concept is cool, but it reminds me too much of the 'original' Kodi logo... I think a lot of my frustration with the name change was misdirected. That logo was rough.

(2014-12-05, 17:43)portuga2000 Wrote: And an idea for a loading animation to be used inside a skin or even as an intro animation too:

This is beautiful. The only suggestion I would make would be to keep the rounded corners the same size even when the logo is smaller. Currently it looks like the logo is close and then further away. I think it would look better if it appeared as though the object was stationary on the z-axis but just took up less space on the x and y axes (more density?). Am I making any sense here? When the logo is smaller, it looks like a square and you can't make out the rounded corners. I think the rounded corners are crucial.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - samfisher - 2014-12-17

Thanks everyone!

@scottt732 & @unexpectedpanda: I'll work on a new version soon, I'm just collecting suggestions for now, this is still my fav too, or maybe the cellular one Smile

The original logo is back! Big Grin
LOL, who could expect that it would come in handy Smile

1080p version: LINK

RE: Kodi Animation thread - jjd-uk - 2014-12-17

(2014-12-17, 12:38)samfisher Wrote: The original logo is back! Big Grin

Nice one Smile

RE: Kodi Animation thread - christara - 2014-12-17

Yes liking that last one very much. Nice work samfisher
You can see and get the idea behind the whole process of what's gone on in the renaming of XBMC and how the team took the first idea to come up with the word KODI. (The button configuration.)

RE: Kodi Animation thread - popcornmix - 2014-12-17

Awesome again! My absolute favourite is still the the original (white background) one, but this is great too.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - PatK - 2014-12-17

Sam Fishers latest is the best to date, (simple black background is good) although the folding action of the first logo adds a little unexpected drama, Perhaps a combination?

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Triodes - 2014-12-17

(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Had to cut out a part of the animation, original one is longer and 1080p.

First: Awesome work samfisher, these animations are top notch and look very professional.

Second:
I also think the first one is the best.
But i also agree that the rotation in the end is unnecessary.

edit:
@samfisher
you said the original animation (in regard to the quoted one) was longer, but i can't seem to find it. Could you post a link to that one too?

RE: Kodi Animation thread - natethomas - 2014-12-17

At this point I'm just sad we can't use all of these, because they're all so cool.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Ned Scott - 2014-12-17

(2014-12-17, 21:07)natethomas Wrote: At this point I'm just sad we can't use all of these, because they're all so cool.

Screensaver :D

RE: Kodi Animation thread - h.udo - 2014-12-17

(2014-12-17, 21:07)natethomas Wrote: At this point I'm just sad we can't use all of these, because they're all so cool.

Of course we can, Nate!

Choose one "official" animation and give users the ability to upload a video to a folder that will substitute the vanilla animation.

Or upload a bunch of animations to a folder and random play on each boot. Or set boot animation in the UI, Or... damn! I'm dreaming... Big Grin