Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Animation thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Kodi Animation thread (/showthread.php?tid=209673)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Kodi Animation thread - un1versal - 2014-11-29

I think its the zoom backwards before word Kodi comes on that adds more time and maybe the whole animation whithout that portion would be as pretty and much shorter.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Kib - 2014-11-29

The zoom backwards at the end seems unneccessary for me as well. The beginning is awesome. I love the flash from black to white.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - jjd-uk - 2014-11-29

samfisher, love your work so I hope you don't mind me taken liberties.

Personally I'd do away with the beginning if it needed to be shortened, so here is my amateur attempt at editing samfishers animation by just removing frames using an editing tool I found:

146 frames comes in at 4.38 sec.

Shorter version

120 frames at 3.6 sec

Scope to shorten further by making KODI text appear a bit earlier, but that's probably beyond my editing skills.

Photoshop is fully able to load and load/edit/save gifs their frames, frame duration transitions etc. If you have it that is.

I still think its the backwards zoom at the end that needs to go/be tweaked shortened not the beginning.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - spinmaster - 2014-11-29

@samfisher: nice job, looks great!

RE: Kodi Animation thread - samfisher - 2014-11-29

Thanks again!

@ned Scott: absolutely Big Grin the funny part is that I wasn't even sure to show the animation as it is, but it took 2 days for my pc to render that scene, so ok, but I was tempted to restart from scratch Smile

@jjd-uk: sure, no prob. Smile

I was thinking, what if the animation instead of "X > arrows > K" is "arrows > X > K". I think that would speed things up. About the rotation/zoom at the beginning, I added that just as an intro because I didn't know how else to start the animation, but the main concept is the "origami". So yeah we can start from white BG etc.

I'll probably try something more in the next few days, for now it would be good to just have a more crear idea of what we want.

I think the spin unfold X > Fold/unfold to K with the buttons is clever and even tells a story, so in that way the beginning shouldn't change or be mangled, if you want to save time ion unnecessary things try removing the backwards zoom/out at end you will shave a good 4 seconds for what, will be a almost identical anim and much shorter then mangling the beginning which is the nicest part.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - fastcolors - 2014-11-29

(2014-11-29, 15:44)uNiversal Wrote: I think the spin unfold X > Fold/unfold to K with the buttons is clever and even tells a story, so in that way the beginning shouldn't change or be mangled, if you want to save time ion unnecessary things try removing the backwards zoom/out at end you will shave a good 4 seconds for what, will be a almost identical anim and much shorter then mangling the beginning which is the nicest part.

+1

RE: Kodi Animation thread - topfs2 - 2014-11-29

This length of the animation could be a really nice boot animation. So it migth actually be beneficial to add extra animations after which could be the app load animation (something which is repeatable and less fancy)

RE: Kodi Animation thread - EtgarDizz - 2014-11-29

(2014-11-29, 15:44)uNiversal Wrote: I think the spin unfold X > Fold/unfold to K with the buttons is clever and even tells a story, so in that way the beginning shouldn't change or be mangled, if you want to save time ion unnecessary things try removing the backwards zoom/out at end you will shave a good 4 seconds for what, will be a almost identical anim and much shorter then mangling the beginning which is the nicest part.

+1

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Voyager - 2014-11-29

awesome work - looks like we have a winner ...

Kodi Animation thread - natethomas - 2014-11-29

(2014-11-29, 21:39)Voyager Wrote: awesome work - looks like we have a winner ...

Whoa whoa. Calm down. We're in absolutely no rush on this. Users are more than welcome to keep submitting for quite a while longer.

And beyond. like Buzz Lightyear said.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Piers - 2014-11-29

1.5-2.0 seconds is more than long enough. Although I'm sure uNiversal can attack me yet again, or send another aggressive private message, in order to correct my opinion.

RE: Kodi Animation thread - Karnagious - 2014-11-29

(2014-11-29, 22:54)natethomas Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 21:39)Voyager Wrote: awesome work - looks like we have a winner ...

Whoa whoa. Calm down. We're in absolutely no rush on this. Users are more than welcome to keep submitting for quite a while longer.

The bar is set pretty high though.

Nice work.