Kodi Community Forum
Vero OSMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Vero OSMC (/showthread.php?tid=209785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Vero OSMC - stuCONNERS - 2015-02-04

Well the amount of ram slots is irrelivant seeing as it comes with 4GB. To give you an idea about how much ram is used, Im running openelec,oscam,tvheadend,retorarch,transmission and samba. 7 day epg for 450+ channels. It just touches 2GB after about 24 hours use. I keep hearing about this fan noise. My chromebox DOESNT make any noise except on bootup, Where the fan kicks in for a few seconds. But maybe thats because its cold at the moment, and im up north in England. As for the price you can get the hp chromebox for £130 if your a student or know someone who has a university registered email address. I did post a link to it in the forums.

RE: Vero OSMC - wrxtasy - 2015-02-04

/Rant ON

Jesus guys, talk about hijacking a thread and getting way off topic Sad
Now we are on to discussing Chromebox setups and availability.

As if there were not already enough threads regarding info on the Chromebox, you have a large number to choose from!

Fellow members deserve a little bit more respect don't you think ?
Kindly take this topic somewhere else !

/Rant OFF

RE: Vero OSMC - zag - 2015-02-04

Agreed.

For the 2nd time...

(2015-01-30, 12:11)zag Wrote: Just a reminder to people to keep this thread on topic about the Vero hardware box.

RE: Vero OSMC - Mark142 - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-03, 22:19)stefcon1 Wrote: I think a lot of you are missing the point though. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here who wouldn't dream of paying £130 for a device they themselves can get up and running for less than half that price, but not everyone has the know how and as kodi becomes more mainstream and popular, then people will happily pay that price for a plug and play option. They happily pay hundreds of pounds for a mobile phone and tens of pounds a month for a contract.

I'm more in the plug and play camp at the moment because i don't yet have the knowledge or desire to buy a box of parts and spend time assembling it, then spending hours and hours tweaking and geeking said device. A lot of you like the challenge of getting as much as you can out of as little as possible and that's fine, but not everyone wants that.

I could just go and pay £80 for a fire TV i suppose, but i admire people who have a go at stuff and i'd rather pay the extra to them than give Amazon a few more pounds to add to their billions.

Remember also that a Chromebox is £175 in the UK and the fact that Vero ships from the UK is of particular interest to me. Depends what you are looking for. Horses for courses.

Vero is now showing as £135 on the OSMC shop page. Seems to be creeping up in price

https://osmc.tv/product/vero/

RE: Vero OSMC - tredman - 2015-02-04

Nice specs, but seems a bit overpriced. Anyone know anything about the appstore mentioned?

RE: Vero OSMC - fritsch - 2015-02-04

Appstore is a special packaged debian repository. So you can install prebuild "apps" via established debian system. It's a nice idea of providing packages concerning dependencies and so on. "Appstore" is marketing, though :-)

RE: Vero OSMC - tredman - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 18:09)fritsch Wrote: Appstore is a special packaged debian repository. So you can install prebuild "apps" via established debian system. It's a nice idea of providing packages concerning dependencies and so on. "Appstore" is marketing, though :-)

Hmm, nice idea, would make for a noob-friendly way of doing things if done well. I love the skin too, shame its not available for general kodi use.

RE: Vero OSMC - stefcon1 - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 14:17)wrxtasy Wrote: /Rant ON

Jesus guys, talk about hijacking a thread and getting way off topic Sad
Now we are on to discussing Chromebox setups and availability.

As if there were not already enough threads regarding info on the Chromebox, you have a large number to choose from!

Fellow members deserve a little bit more respect don't you think ?
Kindly take this topic somewhere else !

/Rant OFF

Noted.

RE: Vero OSMC - stefcon1 - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 16:01)Mark142 Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 22:19)stefcon1 Wrote: I think a lot of you are missing the point though. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here who wouldn't dream of paying £130 for a device they themselves can get up and running for less than half that price, but not everyone has the know how and as kodi becomes more mainstream and popular, then people will happily pay that price for a plug and play option. They happily pay hundreds of pounds for a mobile phone and tens of pounds a month for a contract.

I'm more in the plug and play camp at the moment because i don't yet have the knowledge or desire to buy a box of parts and spend time assembling it, then spending hours and hours tweaking and geeking said device. A lot of you like the challenge of getting as much as you can out of as little as possible and that's fine, but not everyone wants that.

I could just go and pay £80 for a fire TV i suppose, but i admire people who have a go at stuff and i'd rather pay the extra to them than give Amazon a few more pounds to add to their billions.

Remember also that a Chromebox is £175 in the UK and the fact that Vero ships from the UK is of particular interest to me. Depends what you are looking for. Horses for courses.

Vero is now showing as £135 on the OSMC shop page. Seems to be creeping up in price

Hmm! Was £129.99 when i looked a few days ago.

RE: Vero OSMC - sraue - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 18:09)fritsch Wrote: Appstore is a special packaged debian repository. So you can install prebuild "apps" via established debian system. It's a nice idea of providing packages concerning dependencies and so on. "Appstore" is marketing, though :-)

so something like OpenELEC does since years with XBMC's/Kodi's Addonmanager for binary addons... (?)

Vero OSMC - tredman - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 23:41)sraue Wrote:

so something like OpenELEC does since years with XBMC's/Kodi's Addonmanager for binary addons... (?)

I don't know the ins and outs, but posts like this are rather unbecoming

(2015-02-04, 18:40)tdw197 Wrote:

Hmm, nice idea, would make for a noob-friendly way of doing things if done well. I love the skin too, shame its not available for general kodi use.

its based on Conq: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZDCZacVLHI

Vero OSMC - tredman - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 23:53)sraue Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 18:40)tdw197 Wrote:

its based on Conq: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZDCZacVLHI

Thanks, I saw that. I like how the vertical home menu has increased and is static - looks nice. Shame it's not widely available

(2015-02-04, 23:47)tdw197 Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 23:41)sraue Wrote:

I don't know the ins and outs, but posts like this are rather unbecoming

was a question

Edit: because i am intrested too to know this

RE: Vero OSMC - Sam.Nazarko - 2015-02-05

(2015-02-04, 16:01)Mark142 Wrote:

The price is still $199. We price in £ against mid-market rate. The £ has got weaker.

S