Kodi Community Forum
Input - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: RetroPlayer Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=194)
+---- Thread: Input (/showthread.php?tid=211138)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Input - PMBagpuss - 2016-02-12

(2016-02-09, 18:14)Solo0815 Wrote: You can also have a window "Player 1 please press a button on your controller ..." before a emulator starts.

Maybe a menu-entry "Test Controllers" in the context/fullscreen menu of the emulator, where players can test their controller and/or config and switch it if needed.

Heh, fastest button presser gets to be Player 1, I like the sound of that. Though I prefer to be P2, for some reason I find it easier to pull off a dragon punch from the right side of the screen compared to the left. Ymmv.

RE: Input - Solo0815 - 2016-03-05

What is missing in the PR to merge it? Just curious

RE: Input - zag - 2016-03-05

I don't think it builds on ios yet according the the blocker list on the PR

RE: Input - garbear - 2016-03-05

right, RPi needs something like a #ifdef HAS_LIBUDEV to compile, and iOS needs a change a .mm objective-c file, which is probably trivial (removing code that referred to the old joystick stuff). I'm not sure when i'll be able to make these changes, so help is appreciated.

EDIT: also rebase errors from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9188 and maybe others

RE: Input - Solo0815 - 2016-03-11

Congratulations for the merge! Big Grin Blush Big Grin

RE: Input - garbear - 2016-03-11

Thanks. now we wait for the flood of users complaining that their controller just broke Smile

RE: Input - MrMC - 2016-03-11

hey, my controller broke, can someone help me ? Smile

RE: Input - stourwalk - 2016-03-11

(2016-03-11, 19:39)garbear Wrote: Thanks. now we wait for the flood of users complaining that their controller just broke Smile

I'm not sure you should be dealing with the users marital issues Tongue

RE: Input - garbear - 2016-04-17

I added rumble support in the test builds I uploaded today. Rumble can be controlled by Kodi, too. Any ideas for things that should register haptic feedback? I was thinking of rumbling the controllers when a GUI notification is shown. Maybe a rumble when the end of a list is scrolled to?

RE: Input - Solo0815 - 2016-04-17

Please only on the first notification. If Kodi updates the language files and other addons, the controller rumbles all the time Wink

It could also rumble on the OK button

RE: Input - Montellese - 2016-04-17

I'm assuming you added rumble for XInput or also for anything else?

On Android it shouldn't be too hard either.

RE: Input - natethomas - 2016-04-26

I might just be doing something stupid, but I'm having a heck of a time actually using controller support in today's nightly. I've got two wireless xbox one controllers and a wireless xbox 360 controller all going and all working on various video games. But Kodi not only doesn't react to them, it's actually grayed out the Configure Attached Controllers section in System -> Input Devices.

Here's a log.

http://pastebin.com/2eECNNLw

I'm not sure what additional info I can provide, but I'm happy to provide it.

edit: Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

RE: Input - longelf - 2016-04-26

(2016-04-26, 11:59)natethomas Wrote: I might just be doing something stupid, but I'm having a heck of a time actually using controller support in today's nightly. I've got two wireless xbox one controllers and a wireless xbox 360 controller all going and all working on various video games. But Kodi not only doesn't react to them, it's actually grayed out the Configure Attached Controllers section in System -> Input Devices.

Same here, no response from the new build with either my wired or wireless xbox 360 controllers, in either regular or portable mode, with the options greyed out. Both work just fine in the old 15.2 build still. This is with the first 17 build posted, and with the new one.

Log here

watch gallery

RE: Input - garbear - 2016-04-27

I assume the controllers work in my RetroPlayer build? This is because my build includes PR 9481 (see 247444c). Right now, all add-ons not in addon-manifest.xml are disabled on first run because PVR add-ons and audio decoders slow Kodi's startup to a crawl (>5 mins). Try enabling peripheral.joystick and the option in settings should be un-greyed.

Milhouse explains this in the PR:

Quote:Maybe I'm using incorrect terminology but we seem to have "system" addons on which Kodi depends, "pre-installed" addons (value-add or convenience addons added by the system builder), and "user installed" addons. The "system" addons are managed by addons-manifest.xml and always enabled, while "user installed" addons are always enabled regardless. This is all fine.

The problem is with the "pre-installed" add-ons that fall between the two stools - they're shipped as part of an installation (ie. not installed by the user) but some of the addons could/should be enabled by default (eg. inputstream.mpd), while others should not (pvr.*, audiodecoder.* etc.).

Joystick support falls into this "pre-installed" category. Someone proposed a whitelist or blacklist, but that only works until the next peripheral add-on or PVR add-on comes along.

PVR add-ons and audio decoders should have been written in such a way that they don't interfere with startup. As they're the exception rather than the rule (peripheral add-ons are loaded and scanned off-thread so they aren't an issue), I support special-casing them as in #9481. That PR was closed though, so until we have another solution joystick users will continue to be punished.

RE: Input - longelf - 2016-04-27

This is with both builds you posted for 17alpha1 in Windows - KodiSetup-20160423-814db7e-retroplayer-17alpha1.exe and KodiSetup-20160420-98df6fd-retroplayer-17alpha1.exe

I went into addons, enabled Joystick Support which was disabled, and restarted Kodi. I now have XBox controller functionality back, and it seems to be working just fine. I configured it for Kodi without a problem. Now to try some games. Although I notice I can no longer launch games in zip files but must unzip the rom first before Kodi will let me use it.

Thanks!