Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1 (/showthread.php?tid=211501)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - Johnnyslt - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 10:30)Milhouse Wrote: It appears the Power LED has been disabled, although I don't believe this is intentional. Your green Activity LED may also be blinking (dimly) once a second, so it looks like the heartbeat indicator has been enabled as well - usually the Activity LED shows SD card activity.

Yes, green led is working normally. I actually don't mind that the red led is off. Big Grin

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - gr8r-x - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 10:30)Milhouse Wrote: It appears the Power LED has been disabled, although I don't believe this is intentional. Your green Activity LED may also be blinking (dimly) once a second, so it looks like the heartbeat indicator has been enabled as well - usually the Activity LED shows SD card activity.

Yep, came back to post exactly the same... Very odd!! Maybe a feature only possible one the Pi2?

Edit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=99445
Clearly they exposed it!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - Milhouse - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 10:49)gr8r-x Wrote: Yep, came back to post exactly the same... Very odd!! Maybe a feature only possible one the Pi2?

Edit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=99445
Clearly they exposed it!

Hmmm.... good find. Smile

So on a freshly booted 3.19 Pi2 with build #0211:

Code:
rpi22:~ # cat /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger
none [mmc0] timer heartbeat default-on input
rpi22:~ # cat /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger
none mmc0 timer heartbeat default-on [input]

The LEDs appear to be configured correctly (same as #0210), but are not triggering correctly (Activity/led0 seems to be triggering on heartbeat, Power/led1 seems to be triggering on "none", ie. off).

I tried setting the correct triggers on each LED, but this was ignored.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - fightnight - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 10:39)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 10:29)fightnight Wrote: We don't need to replace librtmp anymore since the patch includes all the fixes and the streams are working.

Correct, although I don't know how long I'll be including this patch for librtmp.

It would be better, I feel, if the guys in the librtmp support thread were able to resume support for OpenELEC so that users of stock (ie. stable) builds could once again benefit from an updated librtmp.

(2015-02-12, 10:29)fightnight Wrote: If you want some streams that work with this build and doesnt work with stock kodi, please PM me.

Thanks, but I'm fine, there's not much I can do if a stream doesn't work anyway... Smile

I don't know exactly how OpenELEC code structure works, but if we take this commit from popcornmix on main Kodi code we don't get it on OE builds?

(2015-02-12, 11:22)fightnight Wrote: I don't know exactly how OpenELEC code structure works, but if we take this commit from popcornmix on main Kodi code we don't get it on OE builds?

No, OpenELEC uses external libraries so it ignores the Kodi rtmpdump/librtmp sources.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - PhilE - 2015-02-12

3.19 has broken my LED "input" trigger (which was a bit hacky), but I've given popcornmix a patch which should survive future updates better; this should make it into #0212.

I can't explain the hearbeat pattern appearing on the ACT LED unbidden. The default triggers are "mmc0" for led0/ACT and "input" for led1/PWR (not available on old Model A&Bs, which don't have the necessary hardware). Check that you haven't used the "act_led_trigger" dtparam in config.txt.

Report back if the problem persists after the next update.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - bagofcrap24 - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-10, 20:32)gandharva Wrote: @popcornmix
I fiddled around with gpu_mem setting in config.txt and it seems Pi2 does need more then the default 256MB. Currently running with gpu_mem=384 and this seems to work very well for heavy themes and other ram intensive settings. Maybe the default value should be set a bit higher?

Can also confirm by increasing the GPU mem to 384 on the pi2 I see a massive improvement to gui rendering in both normal and heavy skins

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - Trixster - 2015-02-12

In what way is performance improved? I'm using aeon Nox on my pi2 and there appears to be zero performance difference between 256mb and 384mb for the gpu.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - gthompson20 - 2015-02-12

any update on the EPG Issue on the RPi2?

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00503324 in EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::UpdateItems() ()

http://pastebin.com/AV4hV2W5

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - thent - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 04:40)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 20:13)thent Wrote: @Milhouse: I'm using addons like radio.de or shoutcast, they have internal urls like plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station9013 which does not seem to work with texturecache.py
Nevertheless with #0208 the connection is held flawlessly.

It's possibly curl-related, which is being reverted back to 7.37.1 due to various streaming issues. Once the next build is available, with curl 7.37.1, try again and see if your addons now work. I tried your url with texturecache.py but Kodi wants to install an addon, at which point I bailed (sorry).
With build #0211 it's working. So probably you're right and it's curl-related.
Thanks anyway!
regards,
Thomas

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - bagofcrap24 - 2015-02-12

The new seek skipping feature seems to be a bit problematic at the moment.
pressing right a single time to seek 7 seconds forward results in the video staying stopped for a second while it's waiting for you to press again for a greater seek.
But during this time the seek timer keeps jumping backwards and forwards a few seconds and more often than not when the playback resumes, the audio keeps dropping.

I've disabled all steps except + & - 7 seconds which returns the seeking behaviour back to normal for now.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - invisable - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 04:42)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 21:59)invisable Wrote: Is this a potential bug, or something I'm doing again. Thanks Smile

Not really sure, did your vpn work in #0209? What was the last test version that worked?

I'm running raspberry pi 2 and I've tried it on all of your releases.
Same issue with all of them. It's not a big problem for me, just wondering if anyone's else's autostart scripts are working ??

Yes, autostart.sh is working. Have you tried enabling "Wait for network" in OpenELEC Settings, in case the Pi2 is booting more quickly than before?

Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - Milhouse - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 16:08)gthompson20 Wrote: any update on the EPG Issue on the RPi2?

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00503324 in EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::UpdateItems() ()

http://pastebin.com/AV4hV2W5

Can you identify the last working build?

(2015-02-12, 13:44)PhilE Wrote: 3.19 has broken my LED "input" trigger (which was a bit hacky), but I've given popcornmix a patch which should survive future updates better; this should make it into #0212.

I can't explain the hearbeat pattern appearing on the ACT LED unbidden. The default triggers are "mmc0" for led0/ACT and "input" for led1/PWR (not available on old Model A&Bs, which don't have the necessary hardware). Check that you haven't used the "act_led_trigger" dtparam in config.txt.

Report back if the problem persists after the next update.

I'm just uploading #0212 and can confirm the Power LED is now on, and the Activity LED appears to be triggering on mmc0 - many thanks.

However the Activity LED still has a very dim/very fast pulse, every 1 second, and I'm seeing the same on another Pi2 running Raspbian 3.18.6-v7+ #753, so it's not 3.19 related. It becomes much easier to see when the Power LED is not on (and in a darkened room). Neither Pi2 has the act_led_trigger dtparam in config.txt. It's not a problem, and is how it's always been (I simply never noticed while the Power LED was drowning it out), but it seems like the hearbeat trigger is at least partially active even though it's not configured to be enabled.