Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1 (/showthread.php?tid=211501)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - doveman2 - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 08:25)Milhouse Wrote: 1. This is correct behaviour, the Play Using option was dropped a long time ago - Kodi will now choose the optimal solution for playback based on the file being played.

2. Doesn't do that for me, check what button your remote.xml is sending.

Hmm, 1 is unfortunate as it appears to not be choosing the optimal solution to play my brother's flvs, which he used to play OK with omxplayer but is instead playing them with dvdplayer, which doesn't work properly and now he can't override that to play them. I'll double-check whether it is actually doing that though, rather than playing them with omxplayer but something's changed with that so that they don't work properly anymore.

For 2, it's just the main OK button I'm pressing, which just sends Select. The main <remote> section has <select>Select</select> and I don't see any other sections that would change this in the Video files list. Besides, if it wasn't sending Select I don't think I'd be able to navigate the menu at all. I enabled debug logging and that seems to confirm it's sending Select: http://pastebin.com/7QuW6S24

Incidentally, I noticed that the log includes my decode keys, which is disappointing and why I didn't paste the whole thing. It used to be bad enough having to check that it didn't include any credentials from addons, which I guess is out of the control of the Kodi devs but I would have expected them to hide what they can.

(2015-03-07, 13:53)Trickname Wrote: when i disabling deinterlace it looks a little bit better from startup
but have best results when disabled mpg2 hardware codec

sorry FlowT:
i mix up something
# decode_MPG2 = good results
decode_MPG2 = stuttering
decode_MPG2 + disabling deinterlace = little stuttering after playing few minutes A/V not sync

Doesn't help you I'm afraid but I can confirm that with build #303 on my RPi B I don't have any problems playing LiveTV with the mpg2 hardware codec enabled.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - Fraludio - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 16:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 13:23)Fraludio Wrote: I tried with kodi 14.1 stable and it works, so it seems it HAS something to do with this builds.

Do you mean OE 5.0.5 or some other build?
This build, latest build from milhouse.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211501&pid=1946481#pid1946481

I had to go back to 14.1 stable to be able to install it.

Here's is a debug.log http://xbmclogs.com/pillt0rls

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - Milhouse - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 13:23)Fraludio Wrote: I tried with kodi 14.1 stable and it works, so it seems it HAS something to do with these builds.

You've deleted the file from dropbox now, but presumably it is the webinterface.chorus.0.3.9.zip file from https://github.com/jez500/chorus that you are referring to?

That file is 10 months old... I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is now incompatible with Kodi 15, maybe a minimum API problem, or missing import, there have been a ton of addon-related changes since 14.0.

If the addon is still supported, you're best off asking the addon author for assistance.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - popcornmix - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 16:40)doveman2 Wrote: Incidentally, I noticed that the log includes my decode keys, which is disappointing and why I didn't paste the whole thing. It used to be bad enough having to check that it didn't include any credentials from addons, which I guess is out of the control of the Kodi devs but I would have expected them to hide what they can.

There is no reason to hide your decoder keys. They can't be used by anyone else.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - Trickname - 2015-03-07

Quote:my RPi B I don't have any problems playing LiveTV with the mpg2 hardware codec enabled.
but mine is rpi2 @ doveman

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - handbone - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 17:24)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 13:23)Fraludio Wrote: I tried with kodi 14.1 stable and it works, so it seems it HAS something to do with these builds.

You've deleted the file from dropbox now, but presumably it is the webinterface.chorus.0.3.9.zip file from https://github.com/jez500/chorus that you are referring to?

That file is 10 months old... I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is now incompatible with Kodi 15, maybe a minimum API problem, or missing import, there have been a ton of addon-related changes since 14.0.

If the addon is still supported, you're best off asking the addon author for assistance.

When installing a new zip file, I get an incorrect file structure error as well (with mulitple addons that do work on v15 when manually adding zip). Does it have something to do with this....
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6589/files

Seems it was fixed a couple days ago.

the web interface chorus works on v15. Couldn't install through zip, had to extract it into the addons folder.

I've just built the very latest Kodi master (dadbe0f) for Ubuntu 14.10/x64 and webinterface.chorus.0.3.9.zip fails to install with the same "Add-on does not have the correct structure" error, so:

a) this is not a Raspberry Pi, or test build, specific issue
b) the problem (if it is a Kodi problem) is still present in the latest master (not fixed by PR6589) and is likely to be present for all platforms

This discussion should continue in the General/OS Independent section - please start a new thread.

(2015-03-07, 16:40)doveman2 Wrote: For 2, it's just the main OK button I'm pressing, which just sends Select. The main <remote> section has <select>Select</select> and I don't see any other sections that would change this in the Video files list. Besides, if it wasn't sending Select I don't think I'd be able to navigate the menu at all. I enabled debug logging and that seems to confirm it's sending Select: http://pastebin.com/7QuW6S24

I thought you said you were trying to open the Information screen:
(2015-03-07, 05:09)doveman2 Wrote: 2. Selecting Show Information actually starts playback. This is browsing files under Videos, not from a Movie database though, so perhaps it was always like this and I just never noticed?
but I'm not seeing any evidence of you doing this in your log.

When I open the Information panel for a video (using the dedicated "i" button on my remote - mapped as <info>Info</info>), in Video -> Files, I see the following OnKey statement in the log:
Code:
18:55:41 6302.119141 T:1969479680   DEBUG: OnKey: launch_media_center (0xc3) pressed, action is Info

So if you're trying to open the Information panel a different way, please be specific as it's not clear from the log what you are doing - describe exactly what buttons you are pressing to reproduce the problem. In your log I don't see you opening the context menu, so that doesn't appear to be your approach (selecting the Movie Information menu item). All I'm seeing are OK/Select inputs.

(2015-03-07, 17:39)popcornmix Wrote: There is no reason to hide your decoder keys. They can't be used by anyone else.

Ah, of course, thanks Blush

(2015-03-07, 18:13)Trickname Wrote: but mine is rpi2 @ doveman

Ah, sorry my tuner doesn't work at all on the RPi2 at the moment so I can't offer any advice.

(2015-03-07, 21:04)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 16:40)doveman2 Wrote: For 2, it's just the main OK button I'm pressing, which just sends Select. The main <remote> section has <select>Select</select> and I don't see any other sections that would change this in the Video files list. Besides, if it wasn't sending Select I don't think I'd be able to navigate the menu at all. I enabled debug logging and that seems to confirm it's sending Select: http://pastebin.com/7QuW6S24

I thought you said you were trying to open the Information screen:
(2015-03-07, 05:09)doveman2 Wrote: 2. Selecting Show Information actually starts playback. This is browsing files under Videos, not from a Movie database though, so perhaps it was always like this and I just never noticed?
but I'm not seeing any evidence of you doing this in your log.

When I open the Information panel for a video (using the dedicated "i" button on my remote - mapped as <info>Info</info>), in Video -> Files, I see the following OnKey statement in the log:
Code:
18:55:41 6302.119141 T:1969479680   DEBUG: OnKey: launch_media_center (0xc3) pressed, action is Info

So if you're trying to open the Information panel a different way, please be specific as it's not clear from the log what you are doing - describe exactly what buttons you are pressing to reproduce the problem. In your log I don't see you opening the context menu, so that doesn't appear to be your approach (selecting the Movie Information menu item). All I'm seeing are OK/Select inputs.

OK, in Videos - Settings I've got Default select action set to Choose. When I go to Videos and press OK/Select when on a file it brings up the menu with Play, Show Information and More and selecting Show Information starts playback.

If I then set the content to Movies and let Kodi scan the files into the database, then selecting Show Information does work (brings up the Select Movie screen) so maybe it's intended that it starts playback with files that haven't been added to the database. Obviously not all files are suitable for scanning into a database (Home Movies, downloaded youtube clips, etc) though, so it would be preferable if the Show Information option was hidden unless in Library view if it only works in that but maybe that's not possible and it's not a big deal once the user knows it doesn't work anyway.

It doesn't really matter but FYI I have <info>Contextmenu</info> in the <remote> section with nothing overriding that in <MyVideoFiles> so when I press the "i" button I get the menu with Queue item, Add to favourites, Movie Information and Mark as watched.

(2015-03-06, 23:07)popcornmix Wrote: If the whole file is 200MB then just upload that (e.g. to google drive or Dropbox) and send me a link.

When I checked with my brother today, he told me he hadn't actually tried playing any of the troublesome clips since I updated him, he'd just noticed that the option to choose the player had disappeared and his remote wasn't working properly (fixed now).

So I got him to try a few and they all automatically played with omx, confirmed by bringing up the OSD, except a couple that showed ff instead of omx, whatever that is. In fact, even when he tried more "normal" videos (i.e. DVD rips, full movie mkvs, rather than stuff downloaded in Chrome from youtube, etc) they played with omx as well. They all played fine but it made it impossible to identify which ones don't work with dvdplayer. So I tried disabling OMX from Videos - Settings but then everything he tried played with MMAL instead.

If I disable that as well, will that force it to use dvdplayer for everything? If so, I'll be able to get him to identify the files that don't play properly with that and upload one for you to take a look at.

EDIT: OK, looking more closely MMAL Acceleration says "Use DVDplayer for decoding of video files with MMAL acceleration" so I guess I just need to disable OMX and then everything will use dvdplayer but might some stuff still use ff and what is that?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - popcornmix - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 22:57)doveman2 Wrote: So I got him to try a few and they all automatically played with omx, confirmed by bringing up the OSD, except a couple that showed ff instead of omx, whatever that is. In fact, even when he tried more "normal" videos (i.e. DVD rips, full movie mkvs, rather than stuff downloaded in Chrome from youtube, etc) they played with omx as well. They all played fine but it made it impossible to identify which ones don't work with dvdplayer. So I tried disabling OMX from Videos - Settings but then everything he tried played with MMAL instead.

If I disable that as well, will that force it to use dvdplayer for everything? If so, I'll be able to get him to identify the files that don't play properly with that and upload one for you to take a look at.

In codec overlay:
omx-h264 means h264 with omxplayer using hardware decode
mmal-h264 means h264 with dvdplayer using hardware decode
ff-h264 means h264 with dvdplayer using software (ffmpeg) decode

So, just disable omxplayer if you want to force dvdplayer.
By default dvdplayer will be used when required (e.g. dvds with menus, alsa audio, or codec with hardware decode support).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) - Milhouse - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-07, 22:43)doveman2 Wrote: OK, in Videos - Settings I've got Default select action set to Choose. When I go to Videos and press OK/Select when on a file it brings up the menu with Play, Show Information and More and selecting Show Information starts playback.

If I then set the content to Movies and let Kodi scan the files into the database, then selecting Show Information does work (brings up the Select Movie screen) so maybe it's intended that it starts playback with files that haven't been added to the database. Obviously not all files are suitable for scanning into a database (Home Movies, downloaded youtube clips, etc) though, so it would be preferable if the Show Information option was hidden unless in Library view if it only works in that but maybe that's not possible and it's not a big deal once the user knows it doesn't work anyway.

It doesn't really matter but FYI I have <info>Contextmenu</info> in the <remote> section with nothing overriding that in <MyVideoFiles> so when I press the "i" button I get the menu with Queue item, Add to favourites, Movie Information and Mark as watched.

I can reproduce what you are seeing, with movies (files) that are not scraped into my library - clicking "Show Information" in the "Choose" menu results in the playback commencing. In fact, the "i" button on my remote has no effect on these movies/files. It looks like the "Show Information" option being offered for unscraped files is probably an oversight.

I know that the "Information" panel is linked somehow to the movie scraper - a long time ago I scraped my library to MySQL using the IMdB scraper, and then I setup a new system that didn't have the IMdB scraper installed, and the "Information" panel wouldn't work until I had installed the IMdB scraper. So it's possibly not surprising that the "Information" panel doesn't (or can't) work for unscraped items.

I agree it would be better if the "Show Information" option wasn't offered for unscraped items, perhaps you could suggest it as a feature request?