Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 (/showthread.php?tid=211574)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Carst - 2015-02-20

(2015-02-11, 12:12)Carst Wrote: First off, thanks for continuing work on the addon, it works quite nicely.

I do have some related (I guess) issues that hopefully someone has seen before/has a fix for: the My List and Genres listings in both Movies and TV Shows come up empty, as well as the Suggestions category. I added some debug prints to the script, and it does seem that the My List that the plugin scrapes *is* empty (I haven't looked at Suggestions/Genres).
I can still find content through Viewing Activity (although it misses the first entry in the Viewing Activity list), Search, Latest and All Shows (for TV shows).

Obviously, My List is not empty when I navigate to it on my browser.
My guess is this might have to do with locale/country settings, since My List does come up empty when I navigate when abroad, but I could not fix it by changing the addon's "language" setting (in the addon_data directory). I am in the Netherlands, with a Dutch Netflix account and no attempts to break region locking (VPN or any other).

Anyone seen this issue before and know how to deal with it? I'm happy to provide debug info or even monkey-patch my current install to try and find a fix.

Hate to be quoting myself, but hopefully this makes finding the solution easier for others. The following
(2015-02-19, 14:15)Tolotos68 Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 13:05)pascalg Wrote: Here is the content of the logfile:

What is see is that global name 'country' is not defined.

I had that error before, but now I get the ones I posted above...

Did you disable Tests in Netflix? Try using https://www.netflix.com/DoNotTest?fullpage=true

After that: same error?

Helped for me: disabling Tests puts me back to an older version of Netflix's web pages, which are easier to scrape for the plugin :-)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Carst - 2015-02-20

(2015-02-19, 12:41)pascalg Wrote: I have just started using XBMC and netflixbmc looked like a real charm. But I am not able to get it running. Fresh install of Kodi Helix 14.1 en Netflixbmc 1.3.4. But when I start the add-on en open an option I get a script failed error. I have setup Chrome Launcher. I am situated in the Netherlands if that has anything to do with the compatibilty of Netvlixbmc

What else should I do?

If you are sure that it is 1.3.4 (and not 1.3.14), you need to change to corona's (the Alelelec) repository. 1.3.4 is the last version in AddonScriptorDE's repo, and has been bug-fixed since then. See the first post in this thread for the correct repo link.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - pascalg - 2015-02-20

@Carst.
As said in my next post I now am able to start Netflixmbc en it is working. I downloaded the repository from the first post.

Only thing I am still looking out for is how to start Chrome in full screen and how to use the android app to control the stream (pause, stop and exit)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Tolotos68 - 2015-02-20

... deleted ...

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Tolotos68 - 2015-02-20

(2015-02-20, 08:54)Soli Wrote: Better call saul error might be related to the fact that the parsing of the episodes are slightly different with this show. When actually browsing Better Call Saul in Chrome, all the episodes show up, but only the first 3 episodes have been released and are "clickable" (and have their screenshot and plot summary). Maybe that throws the addon off since it expects all the episodes to be listed and clickable, with their screenshot and plot summary.

Hmmm, I don't think that this is the reason. This wouldn't explain why Big Bang Theory doesn't work either.

I tried it with a U.S. IP yesterday evening: both series couldn't be accessed "from the U.S.". Looks like browsing the seasons of a single series works different than showing a list of all series...

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Soli - 2015-02-20

I'd check with Big Bang Theory, but my country doesn't have that show. It might not be the whole reason, but maybe it is related of some sorts, like I said.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Soli - 2015-02-20

(2015-02-20, 12:34)pascalg Wrote: @Carst.
As said in my next post I now am able to start Netflixmbc en it is working. I downloaded the repository from the first post.

Only thing I am still looking out for is how to start Chrome in full screen and how to use the android app to control the stream (pause, stop and exit)

If you're running Kodi standalone, you need a custom script to load a wm. Use the search function. Hell if you just scroll back this thread a couple of pages, you'll get the answer. The Android/iOS app will never work. It uses json calls.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Matze001 - 2015-02-20

Any news on streaming Dolby? Here is what Netflix says:

"5.1 surround sound is not currently supported while streaming on a computer using Microsoft Silverlight or HTML5. However, it is supported in the Netflix application for Windows 8."

If not using the Windows 8 Netflix-App, how can one convince IE, Chrome or any other browser to pass Dolby and not only Stereo?

PS. I hope it's ok to repeat a post from the old thread...

Not supported means not supported. You get 96kbs aac stereo and 720p in Chrome.
Safari 8 on OS X Yosemite gets 1080p but is still limited to 96kbs sound. It is not a question of making Chrome pass Dolby, it's not supported period

(2015-02-20, 13:47)Soli Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 12:34)pascalg Wrote: @Carst.

... The Android/iOS app will never work. It uses json calls.

@pascalg. Ah, sorry. I missed that post (or rather that you wrote it).

As to the app: what Soli said is not true (only tested with the IOS app, but I guess the Android app uses the same calls); when you enable web remote control in the plugin's "advanced" settings, it will patch the commands it gets on JSON through to the chrome app: this might require a windowmanager and definitely requires xdotool to be installed. Then the remote app's left/right/up/down are mapped to the same functions as the keyboard cursor keys (volume and fast-forward/backward). Its 'OK' (the center) button used to map to pause, but there seems to be a bug in the current version. Finally, a number of buttons map to exit, but I use the 'i' button in the IOS layout.

I stand corrected then. I use a PS3 remote. The "return" (literally "return", not enter) key on my PS3 remote is mapped to ESCAPE, so i mapped ESCAPE as exit in the advanced settings. Works pretty good.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Carst - 2015-02-21

(2015-02-20, 13:16)Tolotos68 Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 08:54)Soli Wrote: Better call saul error might be related to the fact that the parsing of the episodes are slightly different with this show. When actually browsing Better Call Saul in Chrome, all the episodes show up, but only the first 3 episodes have been released and are "clickable" (and have their screenshot and plot summary). Maybe that throws the addon off since it expects all the episodes to be listed and clickable, with their screenshot and plot summary.

Hmmm, I don't think that this is the reason. This wouldn't explain why Big Bang Theory doesn't work either.

I tried it with a U.S. IP yesterday evening: both series couldn't be accessed "from the U.S.". Looks like browsing the seasons of a single series works different than showing a list of all series...

This doesn't help with the Big Bang Theory (which isn't available from the Netherlands, so I can't test), but I get a different error:

Code:
16:32:02 T:139890641598208  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:32:02 T:139890641598208   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ZeroDivisionError'>
                                            Error Contents: float division by zero
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/carst/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1123, in <module>
                                                listEpisodes(seriesID, url)
                                              File "/home/carst/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 455, in listEpisodes
                                                if (float(bookmarkPosition)/float(duration))>=0.9:
                                            ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

That's a division by zero, I guess from one of the 'unaired' episodes. My guess is that those episodes are listed as having a running time of zero minutes, which throws off the script. However, I never got the JSON error some others have reported, so I'm not sure if this is a different bug.[/code]

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - mzanetti - 2015-02-22

Hi, thanks for this plugin. I had a couple of issue before it would work:

* In launchChrome, the "with open(zip, "rb") as zf" was throwing an error about the zip being invalid. Here's the log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10349743/
I hacked around it by disabling the whole useChromeProfile part for now.

* I'm located in Germany, but all the url requests were sent with US country code. Somehow the language detection is failing here. Reading the code it seems to get it from addon.getSetting("language") which returns "en-US" here. Not sure why, my xbmc box is set up in german and I couldn't find any setting that would suggest something else. I just hardcoded it to "country = 'DE'" for now.

* Like for some others, this line would crash the plugin because of duration being 0
if (float(bookmarkPosition)/float(duration))>=0.9:
I've fixed it by changing it to:
if duration > 0 and (float(bookmarkPosition)/float(duration))>=0.9:

After fixing those, I have it working nicely here.

Info for some others that are running this on Linux: This is a script I trigger using irexec, so I can control netflix in chrome using the IR remote: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10349700/

While chrome is running, call it with parameters PAUSE, LEFT, RIGHT, INFO, VOLDOWN, VOLUP, OKNEXT or ENTERPIN. For the volume commands to be working you have to use pulseaudio. OKNEXT will press OK on the annoying "Yes I'm sure I want to see that next episode" button while ENTERPIN enters the pin and starts video playback. You may need to adjust mousemove coordinates in the script if you're not running on a FullHD screen as well as change the pin if it's not 0000.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - crankshaft - 2015-02-22

Hi;

I am connecting via SNIPROXY and it seems that the SSL connection is failing possibly due to the fact that the SSL connection is not including the servername in it's requests resulting in a handshake failure.

Would it be possible to enable SSI support in this addon ?

I can replicate the issue from the command line, the first request does not send the servername and fails:

Code:
# echo | openssl s_client -host www.netflix.com -port 443 -tls1
CONNECTED(00000003)
139746395104928:error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure:s3_pkt.c:1262:SSL alert number 40
139746395104928:error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:SSL3_WRITE_BYTES:ssl handshake failure:s3_pkt.c:598:

The second attempt including the servername succeeds:

Code:
# openssl s_client -servername netflix.com -connect netflix.com:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = US, O = "VeriSign, Inc.", OU = VeriSign Trust Network, OU = "(c) 1999 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", CN = VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G3

The error generated in the kodi.log file from netflixbmc shows a similar error so I suspect that the SSI servername is not beiong set in the requests ?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Trilip - 2015-02-22

Hi,here is the French translation

Strings
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<strings>
  <string id="30001">Page suivante</string>
  <string id="30002">Ma Liste</string>
  <string id="30003">Récent</string>
  <string id="30005">Tous les Genres</string>
  <string id="30006">Documentaires</string>
  <string id="30007">Genres</string>
  <string id="30008">Rechercher</string>
  <string id="30009">Enfants</string>
  <string id="30010">Mon activité</string>
  <string id="30011">Films</string>
  <string id="30012">Séries TV</string>
  <string id="30101">Mail</string>
  <string id="30102">Mot de passe</string>
  <string id="30103">Compte mono-utilisateur (plus rapide)</string>
  <string id="30104">Utiliser le navigateur</string>
  <string id="30105">Navigateur: OSX</string>
  <string id="30106">Navigateur: Linux</string>
  <string id="30107">Utiliser l'utilitaire de Commande</string>
  <string id="30108">Forcer l'affichage</string>
  <string id="30109">ViewID (Vidéos)</string>
  <string id="30110">Changer de profil</string>
  <string id="30111">Plusieurs profils trouvés ! Choisissez votre profil.</string>
  <string id="30113">Quoi choisir ?</string>
  <string id="30114">Ajouter à ma liste</string>
  <string id="30115">Supprimer de ma liste</string>
  <string id="30116">Configurer l'utilitaire de Commande</string>
  <string id="30117">Voir la sélection de profil à chaque démarrage</string>
  <string id="30118">Afficher les saisons</string>
  <string id="30119">ViewID (Episodes)</string>
  <string id="30120">Parcourir les shows télévisés à la place de la lecture automatique</string>
  <string id="30121">Reprendre la lecture</string>
  <string id="30122">Ajouter à la bibliothèque</string>
  <string id="30123">Mettre à jour la bibliothèque après avoir ajouté des médias</string>
  <string id="30124">Supprimer les donnée utilisateur de chrome</string>
  <string id="30125">Supprimer les cookies</string>
  <string id="30126">Désolé! Netflix n'est pas encore disponible dans votre pays.</string>
  <string id="30127">Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Vérifiez vos informations d'identification et redémarrer l'addon !</string>
  <string id="30128">Langues/Pays</string>
  <string id="30130">ViewId (Mon activité)</string>
  <string id="30132">Supprimer le cache</string>
  <string id="30133">Ne pas utiliser le mode kiosque de Chrome</string>
  <string id="30134">Voir l'extrait</string>
  <string id="30135">Obtenir les jaquettes &amp; fanart via TMDb</string>
  <string id="30137">Activer les contrôles WebRemot</string>
  <string id="30138">Chemin de la bibliothèque (source)</string>
  <string id="30139">Réinitialiser NetfliXBMC!</string>
  <string id="30140">Films Similaires</string>
  <string id="30141">Séries TV similaires</string>
  <string id="30142">Chargement des métadonnées</string>
  <string id="30143">Suggestions</string>
  <string id="30144">Ajouté à ma liste!</string>
  <string id="30145">Retiré de ma liste!</string>
  <string id="30146">Aucun résultat!</string>
  <string id="30201">Compte</string>
  <string id="30202">Général</string>
  <string id="30203">Vues</string>
  <string id="30204">Avancé</string>
  <string id="30205">Debug Connexion</string>
  <string id="30206">Utiliser le navigateur Shell Script</string>
  <string id="30207">Paramètres Windows</string>
  <string id="30208">Paramètres Linux</string>
  <string id="30209">Paramètres OSX</string>
  <string id="30210">Paramètres du navigateur</string>
  <string id="30211">Réinitialiser</string>
  <string id="30212">Utiliser les controls du Plugin de Chrome</string>
  <string id="30213">Ouvrir les paramètres du Plugin</string>
</strings>

Addon
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.netflixbmc" name="NetfliXBMC" version="1.3.14" provider-name="alelec (AddonScriptorDE)">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.4.3"/>
        <import addon="plugin.program.chrome.launcher" version="1.1.2"/>
        <import addon="script.module.pydevd" version="2.1.0" optional="true"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="default.py">
        <provides>video</provides>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <platform>windx osx linux</platform>
        <summary lang="en">NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)</summary>
        <language></language>
        <description lang="en">NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)</description>
        <summary lang="fr">NetfliXBMC - Add-on Netflix non officiel (Win/OSX/Linux)</summary>        
        <description lang="fr">Regardez des films et des séries en streaming directement sur votre TV via Kodi!</description>
        <disclaimer lang="fr">Certaines vidéos de cet addon peuvent ne pas être légal dans votre pays de résidence - S'il vous plaît vérifier vos lois locales avant l'installation.</disclaimer>
        <license>GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. Version 2, June 1991</license>
        <source>https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc</source>
        <forum>http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178693</forum>
        <email>[email protected]</email>
        <website>http://www.netflix.com</website>
    </extension>
</addon>