Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 (/showthread.php?tid=211574)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - crankshaft - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-22, 04:09)mzanetti Wrote: Info for some others that are running this on Linux: This is a script I trigger using irexec, so I can control netflix in chrome using the IR remote: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10349700/

Hi, where are you calling this script from ??

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - tharealconvict - 2015-02-24

Hi,

Using kodbuntu 14.0, netflixbmc 1.3.14, & chrome 40.x

I sooooo want to use this plugin! I am currently using PlayOn to watch netflix on Kodi.

When i launch Netflixbmc it gives me all the lists and can drill down to any of them. When I try to watch something I get the Working circle then it just goes away. I have the following errors in my kodi.log file (I have debug turned on in netflixbmc and chrome launcher):

Code:
08:14:11 T:140540600489728  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:14:12 T:140540600489728  NOTICE: Browser Call: "/home/marc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/browser.sh" "https://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=80004478"
08:14:12 T:140543977846720   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Bill%20Burr%3a%20I%27m%20Sorry%20You%20Feel%20That%20Way&thumb=%2fhome%2f$
08:14:12 T:140543977846720   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Bill%20Burr%3a%20I%27m%20Sorry%20You%20Feel%20That%20Way&thumb=%2fhome%2$
08:14:12 T:140540600489728  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: it does this for anything I try to watch.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - gokudo - 2015-02-25

Does the plugin support HD (for netflix.de)?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, by browsing through I haven't found it and 'hd' is too short a search term.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Ryan_M - 2015-02-26

I've been through the two threads on this and can't find any answer to my problem. Everything seems to be working great with this addon except the search function. One machine is Win7 x64 with 14.2 Helix, the other is Win Vista with 14.1 Helix, both have netfixbmc 1.3.14. The first machine returns no results and the second gives a script failed error.

Thanks for any help.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - adriansm - 2015-02-26

Hi. I installed Kodi and NetfliXBMC yesterday, but I couldn't get it to run. I think it might be because my username in Windows (I use Win 8.1) contains a tilde (Adrián) and in the debug log I get the error "system can not find the specified path". I'm attaching that part of the debug log, let me know if you need something else (note the "Users/Adri\xc3" and the "Users\Adri�n"):

Code:
19:40:02 T:48616   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
                                            Error Contents: (3, 'El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada', 'C:\\Users\\Adri\xc3\xa1n\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Adri�n\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 149, in <module>
                                                os.mkdir(addonUserDataFolder)
                                            WindowsError: (3, 'El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada', 'C:\\Users\\Adri\xc3\xa1n\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:40:02 T:48616    INFO: Python script stopped

Thank you very much.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - erevolt - 2015-02-27

Good morning

Running xbmc 13.2 on windows 8.1. Plugin working fine *apart from search*. Log contains following error:

Code:
22:27:46 T:3932   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1107, in <module>
                                                search(type)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 732, in search
                                                listSearchVideos("http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/search/instantsearch?esn=www&term="+search_string+"&locale="+language+"&country="+country+"&authURL="+auth+"&_retry=0&routing=redirect", type)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 311, in listSearchVideos
                                                listVideo(str(item["id"]), "", "", False, False, type)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 326, in listVideo
                                                title = match[0].strip()
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

Any fix for this one? Netflix not usable without search!

EDIT this has been raised previously, at 1890072 (post), https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...c/issues/9

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - cruiserman - 2015-02-27

Hi All,

Love the Add-on and have most of it working perfectly but having some problems with my remote.

Windows 7
Kodi
skin: refocus
netflixbmc v1.3.14
Remote: MCE

I have trawled through 100 odd pages of this thread to no avail.
I cannot get the remote to work in netflixbmc (works great in Kodi) and figure I must be missing something obvious.
I have tried mapping Close Browser to "Back" but this does nothing just like the play and arrow buttons.
Is the remote supposed to work "out of the box" in netflixbmc?
How do I map the remote using the control utility? Is the control utility supposed to recognise input signal from the remote?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - subwyking - 2015-02-27

First, thanks for all the work on the addon. I have it playing with sound in full screen mode. I am having some issues with controlling the video using my MCE remote. When i configure the inputs i map the "back" button to exit. It doesn't work. Also, i have play mapped to the "play" button, but when i press it it pulls up the print options for chrome. If i try to configure the "chrome control plugin" i get an error from chrome saying that the extension cannot be found. any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - fungify - 2015-02-28

Hi

Using 1.3.14 with Kodi 14.2 beta

I'm randomly getting Script error when adding series & movies to library. Random - as in some series and movies can't be added to the library.

This is what my log says when adding the series Elementary:

Code:
00:32:17 T:5724  NOTICE: URL: http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/odp/episodes?languages=en-US&forceEpisodes=true&routing=redirect&video=70242215&country=US
00:32:18 T:5748   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
00:32:18 T:5724   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1141, in <module>
                                                addSeriesToLibrary(seriesID, name, url)
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 828, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                content = json.loads(content)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
00:32:18 T:5748   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
00:32:18 T:5724    INFO: Python script stopped

Any idea?

FFY

Edited for clarification.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Zpectre87 - 2015-02-28

NetfliXBMC is working fine on my machine, but for some reason I can't add shows and movies to the library. Is there something I need to do, like watch the video until the end?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Lastof - 2015-03-01

I've traced the source of the "No JSON object could be decoded" issue that a few of you have been having. Was experiencing it too so took a look at the logs and tried the JSON queries myself so I could see what the responses were.

The issue appears to be related to availability of shows in the US compared to where we are located.

When NetfliXBMC submits a request to Netflix's JSON API it splits the language listed in it's settings file by the '-' and uses that as language and region. It appears to default to en-US, and I can't see any way to change it in the config in Kodi. This means if it submits a request for a show that isn't available in the US but is in your region it doesn't get given any seasons to list.

So, for Better Call Saul, which isn't available on Netflix in the US
Code:
Request: http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/odp/episodes?languages=en&forceEpisodes=true&routing=redirect&video=80021955&country=US
Response:
{
    "creators": [
        "Vince Gilligan",
        "Peter Gould"
    ],
    "episodes": [
    ],
    "nextEpisode": {
    },
    "numSeasons": 0,
    "rating": "TV-MA",
    "synopses": [
    ],
    "title": "Better Call Saul",
    "videoId": 80021955,
    "year": 2015
}

Compared to the following if I use GB (where it is available)

Code:
Request: http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/odp/episodes?languages=en&forceEpisodes=true&routing=redirect&video=80021955&country=GB
Response:
{
    "creators": [
        "Vince Gilligan",
        "Peter Gould"
    ],
    "episodes": [
        [
            {
                "availabilityMessage": null,
                "availableForED": true,
                "bookmarkPosition": null,
                "episode": 1,
                "episodeId": 80021956,
                "lastModified": null,
                "nonMemberViewable": false,
                "runtime": 53,
                "season": 1,
                "seasonId": 80021755,
                "seasonYear": 2015,
                "stills": [
                    {
                        "height": 101,
                        "offset": 0,
                        "sequence": 1,
                        "type": "INTERESTING",
                        "url": "http://so0.akam.nflximg.com/soa1/832/1720089832.jpg",
                        "width": 180
                    },
                    {
                        "height": 480,
                        "url": "http://so0.akam.nflximg.com/soa1/053/1720088053.jpg",
                        "width": 853
                    }
                ],
                "synopsis": "Struggling lawyer Jimmy McGill tries to leave his seedy past behind him, but old habits die hard when a big opportunity presents itself.",
                "title": "Uno",
                "videoId": 80021955
            },
            {
                "episode": 2,
                "episodeId": 80021957,
                "runtime": 46,
                    {
                        "url": "http://so1.akam.nflximg.com/soa4/104/1719579104.jpg",
                    },
                    {
                        "height": 480,
                        "url": "http://so1.akam.nflximg.com/soa3/058/1719577058.jpg",
                        "width": 853
                    }
                ],
                "synopsis": "In a tense and violent standoff with dangerous criminals, Jimmy will live or die based on his own powers of persuasion.",
                "title": "Mijo",
            },
            {
                "episode": 3,
                "episodeId": 80021958,
                "runtime": 47,
                    {
                        "url": "http://so0.akam.nflximg.com/soa5/832/1879311832.jpg",
                    }
                ],
                "synopsis": "With the cops holding his dangerous new client, Jimmy tries to point the police in another direction while saving his own skin in the process.",
                "title": "Nacho",
            },
            {
                "episode": 4,
                "episodeId": 80021959,
                "runtime": 47,
                    {
                        "url": "http://so1.akam.nflximg.com/soa6/037/1888237037.jpg",
                    }
                ],
                "synopsis": "A desperate Jimmy gets creative in order to drum up new business and manages to sneak in a little revenge for good measure.",
                "title": "Hero",
            },
            {
                "availabilityMessage": "Available March 3",
                "availableForED": false,
                "episode": 5,
                "episodeId": 80021960,
                "runtime": 44,
                    {
                        "sequence": 0,
                        "url": "http://cdn0.nflximg.net/images/7120/12117120.jpg",
                    }
                ],
                "synopsis": "Jimmy tests the waters in a new area of law practice while doing his best to keep his brother out of harm's way.",
                "title": "Alpine Shepherd Boy",
            },
            {
                "availabilityMessage": "Available March 10",
                "episode": 6,
                "episodeId": 80021961,
                "runtime": 0,
                    {
                    }
                ],
                "synopsis": "",
                "title": "Episode 6",
            },
            {
                "availabilityMessage": "Available March 17",
                "episode": 7,
                "episodeId": 80021962,
                    {
                    }
                ],
                "title": "Episode 7",
            },
            {
                "availabilityMessage": "Available March 24",
                "episode": 8,
                "episodeId": 80021963,
                    {
                    }
                ],
                "title": "Episode 8",
            },
            {
                "availabilityMessage": "Available March 31",
                "episode": 9,
                "episodeId": 80021964,
                    {
                    }
                ],
                "title": "Episode 9",
            },
            {
                "availabilityMessage": "Coming in April",
                "episode": 10,
                "episodeId": 80021965,
                    {
                    }
                ],
                "title": "Episode 10",
            }
        ]
    ],
    "nextEpisode": {
    },
    "numSeasons": 1,
    "rating": "15",
    "synopses": [
        "Jimmy McGill was a small-time lawyer, hustling to make ends meet. This is how the search for his destiny and the story of Saul Goodman collide."
    ],
    "title": "Better Call Saul",
    "videoId": 80021955,
    "year": 2015
}

Modifying my settings file (userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/settings.xml if you use the master profile, userdata/profiles/[profile name]/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/settings.xml if you use multiple profiles) so that language is en-GB rather than en-US gets me into the list of seasons, but then it won't let me into the season of Better Call Saul. It does however work perfectly now for me with shows like QI that aren't available in the US, but are in the UK, and have multiple seasons. I'll need to find a single season UK show to see if it is to do with only having one season, or Saul's listing things that aren't available to play yet.

[EDIT] Ok, found a single season series of documentaries that seem to be not available in the US, but are in the UK, and they work fine, so it appears Saul has it's own specific problems in addition to the original ones.
[EDIT AGAIN] Looks like this is the same Division by Zero issue Carst was getting. It's happening in default.py on line 455 which appears to check if the episode has already been played by checking if the bookmarkPosition is past 90% of the play time, Carst's guess was exactly what the source of the problem was. changing line 455 to be
Code:
if float(duration)>0 and (float(bookmarkPosition)/float(duration))>=0.9:
is a good enough workaround for now, but the yet to air episodes are still listed as available to watch for us and when selected result in "an error occurred" page in chrome so long term it'd be better to also run checks on the "availabilityMessage" field, which seems to be null once available and "Available {DATE}" if not yet available, and hide anything that isn't watchable yet.

You'll need to use your own country code, so for example en-NL should work if you are in the Netherlands (not tested what changing the en to represent a different language would do, I suspect return the description in that language. en-NL definitely returns an acceptable JSON response for Better Call Saul. Not sure what is exclusively available in any non-English countries, so can't test what happens with shows that might not have English descriptions available). I suspect they are using the ISO country codes.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - fungify - 2015-03-01

I can confirm that the changes mentioned in post 311 works for me. I changed language to da-DK and could add Elementary to my library right away.

Thanks a lot.

FFY

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - jluce50 - 2015-03-02

Even with "Show profile selection on each start" I only get the profile selection dialog the first time running the plugin after starting Kodi. I'm using a skin with a shortcut that launches NetfliXBMC with the following command:

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc",return);

I'm guessing that the plugin stays active in the background so even when "launching" the plugin after the first time, it's just activating the existing instance. Is there a way to force the profile selection screen after the initial launch?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - [Ad0] - 2015-03-02

Would it be possible to render the video output from chrome into a video plugin that would act as a "video stream" so you can get a totally integrated experience?
Doesn't netflix run on HTML5 now, and can be run in a HTML5 video player which again is just a video source in Kodi?

The reason I am asking is that everything is in the wrong FPS in relation to my refresh rate, and I have not found any smooth way to detect and change prior to launch a video...

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Scott00007 - 2015-03-03

(2015-03-02, 17:18)[Ad0] Wrote: Would it be possible to render the video output from chrome into a video plugin that would act as a "video stream" so you can get a totally integrated experience?
Doesn't netflix run on HTML5 now, and can be run in a HTML5 video player which again is just a video source in Kodi?

The reason I am asking is that everything is in the wrong FPS in relation to my refresh rate, and I have not found any smooth way to detect and change prior to launch a video...

+1