Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 (/showthread.php?tid=211574)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - intothemild - 2015-04-03

Hey Thanks heaps for an amazing plugin.

Sadly I've run into a slight bug, I've posted it over on the github repo, didnt want to clutter things up here.

https://github.com/pellcorp/plugin.video.netflixbmc/issues/1

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - JasonPell - 2015-04-03

(2015-04-03, 00:40)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 17:58)pkiff Wrote: Some clarification on versions might help users who are just now coming in to try to resolve breaks due to recent Netflix changes.

In particular, can someone confirm that the repo at alelec now holds 1.3.11, and that this is intentional?

I was running 1.3.14 just great until last month, then started getting script errors. I thought I had pulled it from the repo, but maybe I got it from a separate zip file somewhere... Eventually, I uninstalled and removed all stray NetfliXBMC related add-on folders in order to start fresh, and like others, I found the repo was giving me 1.3.11 instead of 1.3.14. I went ahead and installed it, added the profile patch/edit from timewasted here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211574&pid=1966564#pid1966564

Now everything is running again. (It's not perfect, but it's running).

All the earlier references to 1.3.14 may confuse newcomers I think, since that version is no longer provided by the repo, even though it was at one time? So 1.3.14 is only available direct from github? But it is the dev version, and still not stable? Or...?

Corona is mia so I have created a repo with 1.3.15

This has the profile chooser fix, region fix and updated cover art downloader. Plus all the corona goodness since 1.3.11

http://pellcorp.com/repo/repository.pellcorp.zip

Just add my repo and then upgrade netflixbmc

I just tested the approach works great. No need to uninstall first

Hi,

Please note the new repo location. I have created a repo with zipped plugins to make it far more efficient to install. Also the progress in kodi now works.

http://pellcorp.com/repo/repository.pellcorp.zip

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - corona - 2015-04-03

Hey sorry guys, I haven't been looking here for some time. Been working on other projects :-)

I've finally had a chance to test & merge the pull requests and have updated my repo. It's at
Did that before I saw you've already made another repo @JasonPell, sorry you needed to go to that effort but I get it.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - JasonPell - 2015-04-03

(2015-04-03, 05:52)corona Wrote: Hey sorry guys, I haven't been looking here for some time. Been working on other projects :-)

I've finally had a chance to test & merge the pull requests and have updated my repo. It's at
Did that before I saw you've already made another repo @JasonPell, sorry you needed to go to that effort but I get it.

welcome back :-)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - bluc - 2015-04-03

Great work on the cover art heaps better!! cheers

(2015-04-03, 10:15)bluc Wrote: Great work on the cover art heaps better!! cheers

that's all thanks to @insertnamehere

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - corona - 2015-04-05

Version 1.3.16
with thanks to @insertnamehere for
"Change to remove multiple duplicate profiles from being displayed on the choose profile window"
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc/pull/24

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - insertnamehere - 2015-04-06

I've added an enhancement to my copy of Netflixbmc and I was wondering what people think about adding it to the repo.

I have several profiles in use here and if someone wants to switch profiles they have to exit Kodi and restart to select a new profile. So to make profile changes easier I've added a "Switch Profile" selection at the bottom of the "Movies, TV Shows, Suggestions" main menu.

It only is visible if you have "show profile selection on each start" set in the config, so you want to use profiles.

Does this sound like a feature worth having?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - JasonPell - 2015-04-06

(2015-04-06, 05:04)insertnamehere Wrote: I've added an enhancement to my copy of Netflixbmc and I was wondering what people think about adding it to the repo.

I have several profiles in use here and if someone wants to switch profiles they have to exit Kodi and restart to select a new profile. So to make profile changes easier I've added a "Switch Profile" selection at the bottom of the "Movies, TV Shows, Suggestions" main menu.

It only is visible if you have "show profile selection on each start" set in the config, so you want to use profiles.

Definately

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - insertnamehere - 2015-04-06

(2015-04-06, 05:21)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 05:04)insertnamehere Wrote: I've added an enhancement to my copy of Netflixbmc and I was wondering what people think about adding it to the repo.

Definately

I quickly coded this into my version but on further investigation this functionality already exists!!!
Profile selection is available in the Context Menu. Visible only when the "Show profile selection ..." set true.

Blush......LOL...Did not know that...

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Remain666 - 2015-04-06

I would like to thank all you guys for this great addon! You make life easier! [VICTORY HAND]

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - scarecrow420 - 2015-04-06

Thanks for the recent improvements for region/language detection and profile selection fix, happy to say ive got this working on Australian netflix without any major issues. I am yet to update to the latest "official" version and am still running the zip provided by JasonPell that included various fixes. Keen for the HD artwork change though since the low res images do look a bit average, so i will probably update soon.

Does anyone have an issue where after playing for a couple of minutes, the video stops (as if someone has hit the pause command)? Requires you to press "Enter" on the remote to resume playing again. Ive also been trying out Netflix on my android phone and iPad using a Chromecast and this pause doesnt happen there. I know all NetfliXBMC does is launch Chrome and thus this isnt really an "XBMC" problem but just wondering if others had seen this behaviour. Chromecast is anooying for me as we cant use our universal remote to control it, so I prefer to do everything in Kodi if possible

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - corona - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-06, 09:08)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 05:21)JasonPell Wrote:

Definately

I quickly coded this into my version but on further investigation this functionality already exists!!!
Profile selection is available in the Context Menu. Visible only when the "Show profile selection ..." set true.

Blush......LOL...Did not know that...

I was about to say it's in the context menu already :-)
One related feature that would be highly desirable would be to display the current profile name at the top of the screen or something, so you know whether to switch or not. If you get a chance to implement that I'll be more than happy to merge it in.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - phsyraxion - 2015-04-07

Im in Australia and have just signed up to Netflix and now have this addon working great. I have not had issues from a few posts above where playback stops, everything seems to work pretty good.

One question I had was how the "add to library" was suppose to work?

If you have a movie for instance in Netflix is it possible to simply add this to your movie library? I have tried using the context menu and it triggers a library scan but the selection doesn't appear.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - insertnamehere - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-07, 04:08)phsyraxion Wrote: Im in Australia and have just signed up to Netflix and now have this addon working great. I have not had issues from a few posts above where playback stops, everything seems to work pretty good.

One question I had was how the "add to library" was suppose to work?

If you have a movie for instance in Netflix is it possible to simply add this to your movie library? I have tried using the context menu and it triggers a library scan but the selection doesn't appear.

Yeah, it should work.

First add the Netflix library directory (if you're using windows)
c:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc\library\
either Movie or TV as a Kodi library using Add Videos. Just like you did with other movie or TV series sources.
For movies make sure the "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" is selected otherwise all the movies have the title "Movie".

Now when you select a TV or movie and use the context menu to select "add to library" Netflixbmc will store the details in its library and Kodi will scan and pick it up.

Let us know if it works.