Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 (/showthread.php?tid=211574)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Soli - 2015-04-20

What I meant is that the AMD A8 is probably a nice CPU, but it's single threaded performance might not be up to par since it does in fact compete with similar duo core cpus from Intel (If I am not mistaken). Add to this the overhead of Mint and Kodi, and that software decoding is still largely singlethreaded, and you have your possible reason right there.

Sadly hardware accel. is only available for ChromeOS.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Soli - 2015-04-20

(2015-04-20, 11:47)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 02:39)Soli Wrote: Unfortunately, It doesn't work in confluence either.

Yeah I love Amber for its intuitive simpleness (but not too simple) and great shelf. I also make a custom main menu item for Netflix, pointing to Netflixbmc. You'd swear Netflix was a native app.

Thanks for the tip, I've now got Netflixbmc on the home menu. Nice.

As for the /u2013 problem. I did a clean install of kodibuntu 14.0 amd64 today and installed Netflixbmc and I still don't show u2013 just the " -- " in the movie description. I don't know how or why it doesn't work for you. I've run out of ideas.

Thanks for looking into it. I'll try to come up with a log. Probably some geo-related bug then (Scandinavia).

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Snicket - 2015-04-20

(2015-04-19, 03:34)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-04-18, 22:39)Snicket Wrote:
(2015-04-18, 03:04)insertnamehere Wrote: I suspect the profile page changes that gave you problems initially aren't the only changes Netflix made.

Can you send me a copy of the log file (with debug enabled in Netflixbmc settings) after trying to add to My List
and also login to Netflix with Chrome, choose a profile, and then go to this url:
https://www.netflix.com/WiHome
Hit Ctrl+U to view the page source, copy it and send it to me, and PM me when done.

I don't know enough about the control utility to help you with that, but I'm sure someone can help.

Everything I asked is now working, I don't know why. I changed nothing.
I guess it's magic

My List works ok? That's good, enjoy.

Now I figured out that I still did something to make My List work but I didn't recognize it right away.
At my Netflix account I canceled the so-called Test-Participation and then every list in NetfliXBMC finally worked for me.
Maybe the information helps for future developments.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - PrplHaz4 - 2015-04-20

(2015-04-20, 14:39)Snicket Wrote: Now I figured out that I still did something to make My List work but I didn't recognize it right away.
At my Netflix account I canceled the so-called Test-Participation and then every list in NetfliXBMC finally worked for me.

hmm, I didn't even know that setting existed. Did you have to do anything after you unchecked "Test Participation" (like logout, cookies...etc)? I tried changing it but it didn't seem to make a difference.

When I try to run the add-on, it almost immediately crashes back to the video add-on menu (regardless of what menu I run it from) with these errors. It only started happening after the latest (automatic) update.

Code:
22:14:13 T:3704   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
22:14:13 T:3704   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/)
22:14:13 T:3704   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/]
22:14:13 T:3704   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin NetfliXBMC('plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/','29','')
22:14:13 T:3704   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the NetfliXBMC (id=44) plugin...
22:14:13 T:6304  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
22:14:13 T:6304    INFO: initializing python engine.
22:14:13 T:6304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default​.py): start processing
22:14:13 T:3704   ERROR: Control 500 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
22:14:13 T:6304  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:14:13 T:6304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default​.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default​.py"
22:14:13 T:6304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default​.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc;C:\User​s\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\Progra​m Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
22:14:13 T:6304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default​.py): entering source directory C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc
22:14:13 T:6304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default​.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.netflixbmc" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
22:14:14 T:6304  NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/Login
22:14:15 T:6304    INFO: Python script stopped
22:14:15 T:6304   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 6304 terminating
22:14:15 T:3704   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
22:14:15 T:3704   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
22:14:15 T:3704   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed
22:14:15 T:3704   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
22:14:15 T:3704   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/]
22:14:15 T:3704   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
22:14:15 T:7160  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
22:14:15 T:7160   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 7160 terminating
22:14:15 T:3704   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - phsyraxion - 2015-04-21

Iv'e been getting an occasional issue where I will go to start Netflixbmc and it doesn't start. When I check my path to the addon the folder is empty.

I then try and install the addon from the repo within Kodi and after about 3 minutes it sais the installation failed.

If I manually download the zip and install it all works again. Very strange. Has happened about 3 times now on 2 different machines both windows.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - the_mouse - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-20, 12:52)Soli Wrote: What I meant is that the AMD A8 is probably a nice CPU, but it's single threaded performance might not be up to par since it does in fact compete with similar duo core cpus from Intel (If I am not mistaken). Add to this the overhead of Mint and Kodi, and that software decoding is still largely singlethreaded, and you have your possible reason right there.

I just checked out single thread performance and you are right in that area it is not very good, that explains my issue. I do hope that at some point in the future they enable acceleration or at least multi thread.

Thanks for your info/help

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Snicket - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-20, 21:06)PrplHaz4 Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 14:39)Snicket Wrote: Now I figured out that I still did something to make My List work but I didn't recognize it right away.

hmm, I didn't even know that setting existed. Did you have to do anything after you unchecked "Test Participation" (like logout, cookies...etc)? I tried changing it but it didn't seem to make a difference.

When I try to run the add-on, it almost immediately crashes back to the video add-on menu (regardless of what menu I run it from) with these errors. It only started happening after the latest (automatic) update.

I did nothing else, just unchecked "Test Participation" and it worked.
Maybe it's region dependend if it makes a difference or not.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - stoli2002 - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-17, 12:35)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-04-14, 11:45)Snicket Wrote: I'm using the NetfliXBMC Addon 1.3.18 with Kodi 14.2 on Windows 7 (32 bit) and everytime I get the profile selection it's blank.
I've got an Austrian Netflix account and I already tried to log in with the Chrome browser which worked fine.

I downloaded the Addon from here: http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip

Anybody knows how to fix my problem?

Snicket has sent me enough information to solve his problem. It turns out that Netflix uses a different JSON layout for profile details in his geoip. I've provided him with a modified Netflixbmc which has fixed his problem. I'll PR this fix to the repo soon. It might be useful.

I have this same problem here in the netherlands. Perhaps that same fix will work for me?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - insertnamehere - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-21, 17:39)stoli2002 Wrote: I have this same problem here in the netherlands. Perhaps that same fix will work for me?

If you have an empty "Who's Watching" window, maybe it will. I haven't had time to up the fix to the repo yet, but if you PM me i'll send you a file to try.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - the_mouse - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-21, 05:22)the_mouse Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 12:52)Soli Wrote: What I meant is that the AMD A8 is probably a nice CPU, but it's single threaded performance might not be up to par since it does in fact compete with similar duo core cpus from Intel (If I am not mistaken). Add to this the overhead of Mint and Kodi, and that software decoding is still largely singlethreaded, and you have your possible reason right there.

I just checked out single thread performance and you are right in that area it is not very good, that explains my issue. I do hope that at some point in the future they enable acceleration or at least multi thread.

Thanks for your info/help

Watching the CPU usage while watching a programme, all four cores sit around 30-40% and drop to about 2% when paused, would that not suggest that the decoding is multi threaded?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - phsyraxion - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-20, 14:39)Snicket Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 03:34)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-04-18, 22:39)Snicket Wrote: Everything I asked is now working, I don't know why. I changed nothing.
I guess it's magic

My List works ok? That's good, enjoy.

Now I figured out that I still did something to make My List work but I didn't recognize it right away.

This fixed my issue also.

Before disabling it would either crash to desktop or just "fail to load" when launched. Switching this off on my netflix account has it working as good as it use to. Nice find.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - insertnamehere - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-22, 13:41)phsyraxion Wrote: This fixed my issue also.

Before disabling it would either crash to desktop or just "fail to load" when launched. Switching this off on my netflix account has it working as good as it use to. Nice find.

I'd like to try to reproduce this. What country is your Netflix account in?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - pkiff - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-21, 01:23)phsyraxion Wrote: I've been getting an occasional issue where I will go to start Netflixbmc and it doesn't start. When I check my path to the addon the folder is empty.

I then try and install the addon from the repo within Kodi and after about 3 minutes it sais the installation failed.

If I manually download the zip and install it all works again. Very strange. Has happened about 3 times now on 2 different machines both windows.
I've recently had a few instances like this on a Windows machine. In both cases, I think the problem was caused by the add-on trying to update itself. For some reason the update didn't finish or crashed or...? but after manually installing again, it was all good.

Reading posts from the past couple pages here, it sounds like there were a few others who ran into issues recently with updates that may have been related to network connectivity or repository issues. Hopefully those are resolved and maybe this will also eliminate whatever problem we were having with udpates (f that is indeed what was happening to you).

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - pkiff - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-15, 03:13)LupinSansei Wrote:
(2015-04-14, 09:08)Jeremy White Wrote:
(2015-04-14, 01:32)LupinSansei Wrote: Does anyone have a solution for the mce remote problem? I can map the buttosn in the control utility but they don't do anything when launching something. I have Chrome control enabled.
[...]What are you running kodi on? Windows or linux?
The problem I'm having is even though I can map the mce remote buttons in the control utility they don't respond when launching a movie/episode. If that makes sense? I'm running Kodi on Windows 8.1 x64.[...]
(2015-04-17, 01:54)corona Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 01:36)LupinSansei Wrote: I'm guessing a lot of people are using Netflixbmc with a Linux os which is why no one else having this problem :/
Yeah sorry, I've only ever focused on linux and osx (production and dev machines respectively). [....] It sounds like you've figured out how to configure the windows control utility, check you do have "Use Control Utitlity" under windows block in settings is enabled?
I've also been unable to get the Netflix + Chrome Control Utility to work properly running XBMC 13.2 (Gotham) with a Logitech Harmony Remote on a Windows 7 x64 system. It just doesn't seem to have any effect.

I tried to remap some of the commands through the XBMC remote map and through the Chrome Control Utility but couldn't get either to work with NetfliXBMC. I also tried to configure a Chrome add-on (Flix Plus) that supposedly allows you to remap keyboard commands for Chrome. This last option seemed promising, but at the time, it didn't seem to work and also seemed to break my NetfliXBMC. It also occurred to me that instead of remapping the remote or NetfliXBMC, I might try remapping XBMC itself to match the key presses used by Netflix.

The only keys that work for me properly are OK button (to start and stop), the cursor arrow keys (to FF or Rewind using the player bar that appears after pressing OK during playback), and the Exit/Esc command, which closes the Chrome window and takes me back to XBMC. Those are functional commands that make the player usable, but I'm still trying to get my universal remote to be truly universal so that the same buttons get used in all cases for everything.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - jddsilva - 2015-04-22

Hi

I appear to have an issue with the Chrome launcher used by the Netflixbmc addon. I`ve posted this in the Chrome Launcher thread as well.
The addon works fine logging into the Netflix website with the supplied credentials and displays the art for movies and TV shows. It all grinds to a halt when clicking on a show to watch with the error message Script failed! : plugin.program.chrome.launcher. I tried accessing the launcher directly and experienced the same problem.

Setup is as follows:
ASUS Chromebox setup with dual boot option to Openelec and ChromeOS.
Latest version of the addons- Netflixbmc (1.3.19) and Chrome Launcher from http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks