Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 (/showthread.php?tid=211574)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - insertnamehere - 2015-04-27

(2015-04-26, 17:22)gagadu Wrote: Hello everybody,

i am just struggling a lot with this (for sure great) add-on.

I am using Kodi 14.1 on OS X have the Chromelaucher installed but am only getting "Script-Errors" when
trying to get into the film-lists.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance!

17:05:06 T:2960773120 DEBUG: StartScript - calling plugin NetfliXBMC('plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/','6','?mode=main&thumb&type=movie&url')
17:05:06 T:2960773120 DEBUG: WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the NetfliXBMC (id=21) plugin...
17:05:06 T:2959175680 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
17:05:06 T:2959175680 INFO: initializing python engine.
17:05:06 T:2959175680 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py): start processing
17:05:06 T:2962903040 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.0.55/Video/serien/Hannibal/' due to no change
17:05:06 T:2959175680 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:05:06 T:2959175680 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py): the source file to load is "/Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py"
17:05:06 T:2959175680 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py): setting the Python path to /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python26.zip:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6/plat-mac:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6/lib-old:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6/site-packages:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PIL
17:05:06 T:2959175680 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py): entering source directory /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc
17:05:06 T:2959175680 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.netflixbmc" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
17:05:06 T:2962903040 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.0.55/Video/serien/Hawaii Five-0 2010/' due to no change
17:05:06 T:2959175680 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/resources/language/German, fallback to strings.xml
17:05:06 T:2959175680 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/resources/language/English, fallback to strings.xml
17:05:06 T:2960773120 DEBUG: WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
17:05:06 T:2959175680 INFO: CPythonInvoker(21, /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py): script successfully run

What version of netflixbmc do you have installed?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - corona - 2015-04-27

Just pushed 1.3.20, primarily with changes from @insertnamehere and french translation update from @boscorelly

There's now a setting to enable/disable the new SSL handling, so if there's anything not working without any error reported in the log (seems to happen mostly on windows) try turning off "Use Advanced SSL" in settings. This may break other things though, depending on ISP / geo-unblocker / etc.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - corona - 2015-04-27

Hey guys, I think my server is getting absolutely hammered by the update. If you're having trouble updating you might have to wait a bit and try again.
Might be time for me to fix up the netflixbmc page on superrepo and point people there. Or find some funding for distributed hosting :-\

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - nickr - 2015-04-27

Umm I don't think you'll be welcome here for long if you are distributing via superrepo.

(2015-04-27, 04:51)nickr Wrote: Umm I don't think you'll be welcome here for long if you are distributing via superrepo.

sure, I'll take that under advisement. I've never known good or bad about it, I'm happy to avoid if it's disliked

On inspection my server was also sufferring from a process gone rouge and pinning a core at 100%, as well as sql server using a lot of ram.
Restarting these and changing the way the kodi repo tree is hosted should help reduce server load and handle the requests a bit better. Hopefully my repo will be working a bit better for people now :-)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - nickr - 2015-04-27

(2015-04-27, 04:58)corona Wrote:
(2015-04-27, 04:51)nickr Wrote: Umm I don't think you'll be welcome here for long if you are distributing via superrepo.

sure, I'll take that under advisement. I've never known good or bad about it, I'm happy to avoid if it's disliked
I am not sure whether superrepo comes under "avoid because it has lots of dodgy addons" or "banned because it contains lots of banned addons".

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - insertnamehere - 2015-04-27

(2015-04-27, 05:00)corona Wrote: On inspection my server was also sufferring from a process gone rouge and pinning a core at 100%, as well as sql server using a lot of ram.
Restarting these and changing the way the kodi repo tree is hosted should help reduce server load and handle the requests a bit better. Hopefully my repo will be working a bit better for people now :-)

Successfully updated.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - PrplHaz4 - 2015-04-27

(2015-04-25, 03:32)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 15:47)PrplHaz4 Wrote: Windows 7 x64, Kodi 14.2 (updated from beta)

Do you get the same results if you don't have "select profile" set? (ie, what if there is no default profile, and you do not have it asking for a selection? I DO have multiple Netflix profiles)

The logs I've got so far don't appear the be getting as far as the profiles, they are failing at login, well prior to profile selection.

When I was adding the new "Who's Watching" code I changed it so that on first start if the configuration is set to Not Single and Not Profile Selection it will default to using the first profile it gets from Netflix. This shouldn't be a problem now.

The change to "Who's Watching" will be in the new release 1.3.20

Just updated to 1.3.20 (automatically).

Noticed two different behaviors for crashing:
1. Crash due to SSL kicks you back to the Add-on folder listing view. Using the new setting (disabling SSL) successfully prevents this from happening.
2. Crash due to profile selection returns me to the Video Add-ons view. On first launch (Not Single, Not Profile Selection) it still crashed back to the add-ons screen. Once I enabled profile selection, and chose a profile, this crash didn't happen again.

Thanks for the work - things are now back to normal for me....figured you may want to be aware of the above behavior either way.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - bolter - 2015-04-28

I am currently running the latest Isengard nightly for windows and the latest version of NetfliXBMC (with a RC6 remote - set to run KODI) everything is running correctly except for one thing, how do I get NetfliXBMC to close the movie/tv show I'm watching and return to Kodi using only the RC6 remote. Currently when I close NetfliXBMC using the remote, I have to use a keyboard to return KODI.
Other than that, I'm loving the add on.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - LupinSansei - 2015-04-28

I ended up having to map a button to alt-f4 to close Netflix.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - bolter - 2015-04-28

(2015-04-28, 03:36)LupinSansei Wrote: I ended up having to map a button to alt-f4 to close Netflix.

Thanks, will give it a try.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - pkiff - 2015-04-28

(2015-04-28, 03:25)bolter Wrote: how do I get NetfliXBMC to close the movie/tv show I'm watching and return to Kodi using only the RC6 remote. Currently when I close NetfliXBMC using the remote, I have to use a keyboard to return KODI.
(2015-04-28, 03:36)LupinSansei Wrote: I ended up having to map a button to alt-f4 to close Netflix.
I'm pretty sure I just use the standard Exit or Back key commands on my Harmony remote, which is connected via RC6 infrared receiver. I'll double-check which one it is that works.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Talguy - 2015-04-29

ok I know I didn't get you a debug log but the new update seemed to solve my issue when I uncheck "use advanced SSL" Logged right in on the first attempt and I was abe to play from netflix

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - hstegeman - 2015-04-29

I did test this addon several times the last weeks, It didn't work once on my lenovo q190 htpc.
An addon like this should be decraded to beta phase. I am sorry to say but it just doesn't work on my windows 8.1 htpc.

Previous versions of this addon didn't have any problems, I would vote that the original developer would pick up this addon,
so users could make use of this addon.

As a tempory solution I am making use of an other addon, I am making use of playon like you browse it as a web browser.
There are still many problems, but the addon is working.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222371

The main problem, I can't stream hd streams, playon isn't without problems.