Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 (/showthread.php?tid=211574)

Additional/Original Browser Option? - durv - 2015-09-07

Any chance of re-implementing this add-on as a web browser option for those of us on Windows?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=162544

It was written as the original browser for NetfliXBMC...sure would be nice to stay within XBMC instead of going out to a new browser, which can make a mess of things...

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - corona - 2015-09-07

(2015-09-07, 05:07)durv Wrote: Any chance of re-implementing this add-on as a web browser option for those of us on Windows?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=162544

It was written as the original browser for NetfliXBMC...sure would be nice to stay within XBMC instead of going out to a new browser, which can make a mess of things...

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

By the look of it, that plugin isn't much different to the one used by this plugin, it's still a separate app that gets launched when you go to the relevant menu item, then you come back to kodi once you exit it. So you are still going out to a new browser with that plugin.

The chromelauncher plugin used currently works with both IE and chrome, so I certainly don't see that there's any benfit to switching as that one's windows only (boo!)
Sure it's got some hardcoded keyboard mappings, but so does the current setup when it's configured right.

Also, we generally rely on the using a real browser rather than a cut down/embedded one as the DRM for netflix is pretty picky. I've tried dealing with a custom built browser frame using CEF (chromium) but then you run into DRM/Widevine issues that are a pain for end users to have to deal with, so it's not worth the hassle.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - eirki - 2015-09-07

(2015-09-07, 03:01)corona Wrote: alternatively, I plan on integrating pythonjs into my soon-to-be-released selenium based webdriver plugin, such that it can be used to load pages in the background and run all the js to get all the visible content, ie let it handle the ajax calls.

Did you mean do write PhantomJS here? (I tried googling for "pythonjs" but the results didn't seem super relevant). It seems to me like Selenium is the way to go, with a PhantomJS webdriver to scrape content and a Chrome (maybe IE) webdriver to watch it.

I've been using a self-made PhantomJS based solution to scrape my Netflix "My List" into my Kodi Library for the past couple of months and I am very happy it. I'll be looking to polish it and make it publicly available if there is any interest.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - pitchdown - 2015-09-07

(2015-09-06, 16:23)Soli Wrote: You can fix this by simply deleting the addon and read the first post of this thread. Then you reread the first post. Then reinstall the addon.

Hi,
i have deleted the add-on several times.
i have read the first post on this thread, but what is the solution in this post of the error?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - macchina - 2015-09-07

Hi,

I'm using Isengard 15.2 RC1 and Netflixbmc 1.3.22.
Since a few days the "my list" (Series & Movies) is empty. "Recently viewed" shows the correct entries...
Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - pitchdown - 2015-09-07

In just installed 1.3.22.
Neflix is now starting ok.
Why is genres and latest empty?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - UsefulG - 2015-09-07

@pitchdown

I suspect that Soli is referring to this at the top of the 1st Post

Large parts of this addon are currently broken due to changes in the netflix website. Some people are able to use it, many aren't.
Very limited assistance is available if you're having problems, people are investigating possible solutions.

I am able to use My List and therefore can add content via the web browser to My List and watch from the add-on but others are unable to use even this functionality.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - corona - 2015-09-07

(2015-09-07, 10:38)eirki Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 03:01)corona Wrote: alternatively, I plan on integrating pythonjs into my soon-to-be-released selenium based webdriver plugin, such that it can be used to load pages in the background and run all the js to get all the visible content, ie let it handle the ajax calls.

Did you mean do write PhantomJS here? (I tried googling for "pythonjs" but the results didn't seem super relevant). It seems to me like Selenium is the way to go, with a PhantomJS webdriver to scrape content and a Chrome (maybe IE) webdriver to watch it.

I've been using a self-made PhantomJS based solution to scrape my Netflix "My List" into my Kodi Library for the past couple of months and I am very happy it. I'll be looking to polish it and make it publicly available if there is any interest.

Yeah that is what I meant, my webdriver plugin already leverages selenium to get better cross platform control of chrome, and I've even worked on being able to keep chrome in the background to use to get url data rather than using python requests library (to get around ssl issues etc).

There's serious difficulties keeping a persistent chrome&selenium around though, so initially the plugin's going to just start a new chrome each time to watch a show (like the current chrome launcher) but I could spin up a selenium&phantomjs to handle queries where I need js to be executed and/or ajax calls made to get a full page worth of information to display.

If I have more luck keeping a persistent selenium&chrome in the background though that'll be better than having to ship a binary of phantomjs with the plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - eirki - 2015-09-07

(2015-09-07, 11:50)corona Wrote:

Yeah that is what I meant, my webdriver plugin already leverages selenium to get better cross platform control of chrome, and I've even worked on being able to keep chrome in the background to use to get url data rather than using python requests library (to get around ssl issues etc).

There's serious difficulties keeping a persistent chrome&selenium around though, so initially the plugin's going to just start a new chrome each time to watch a show (like the current chrome launcher) but I could spin up a selenium&phantomjs to handle queries where I need js to be executed and/or ajax calls made to get a full page worth of information to display.

If I have more luck keeping a persistent selenium&chrome in the background though that'll be better than having to ship a binary of phantomjs with the plugin.

So instead of using PhantomJS to get a headless browser, you just use a Chrome session that's hidden in the background? That's clever!

Shameless self-promo ;-)
For the aussies in the audience I've got my first release of SBS On Demand plugin up.
For the developers, it's using my new webdriver plugin, feel free to have a look.

Hopefully there's not too many bugs in it and I'll get some time to put towards netflix etc.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238101

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Sleuth255 - 2015-09-07

Yeah, I'm probably going to do this myself. My List appears to be pretty stable and that's all I really need on my mediaPC anyway. I'm happy to use the website itself for browsing/editing/searching. Maybe a little tighter integration into Movies/TV Shows so that My List items just show up. Working on this add-on has been a good learning experience for add-on/python development in general and I'm getting to the point where I feel I could do this. While I now have a good regex tester (pythex.org), I do need to find a better windows based (yeah, I know... fish out of water, but I don't have a linux dev workstation spun up atm) pythion IDE than NP++ though; indents are killing me.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - scarecrow420 - 2015-09-07

Although I don't work on these python addons, I've found PyCharm IDE to work well for other python programming I had to do recently

(2015-09-07, 16:28)Sleuth255 Wrote: While I now have a good regex tester (pythex.org), I do need to find a better windows based (yeah, I know... fish out of water, but I don't have a linux dev workstation spun up atm) pythion IDE than NP++ though; indents are killing me.

(2015-09-07, 16:42)scarecrow420 Wrote: Although I don't work on these python addons, I've found PyCharm IDE to work well for other python programming I had to do recently

PyCharm is by far my IDE of choice. The free version of it is fantastic!
Unfortunately I've only managed to do live debugging of kodi scripts with PyCharm's remote debugging which is only available in pro edition, so I don't expect everyone to get into that (it makes developing much quicker though!).
Coming from text editors though, pycharm's great!

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Sleuth255 - 2015-09-08

Thanks guys!

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Crashinc25 - 2015-09-11

So, 78 pages later, where can I find the newest (any version) of the alelec repository .zip? Appears there is a 404 error for your link. http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip
Am I missing something or just ignorant to everything recent?