Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 (/showthread.php?tid=211574)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Nerdy3.14159265 - 2015-11-19

(2015-11-19, 09:27)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 08:28)LupinSansei Wrote: So this new app is only for Android? I was hoping it was also for Windows/Linux :/

This app is really about being a poor mans chrome cast, but instead of controlling play back from your phone, you just initiate from your phone and then use your remote control to do the rest.

Its really scratching an itch for me since the netflixbmc plugin mostly does not work any more, but the netflixbmc plugin still provides excellent integration with chrome and the multi-profile support, etc and so it made sense to try and use the netflix web site and trigger play requests via JSONRPC to netflixbmc on kodi.

Its the best I can come up with at this point. I had been looking at trying to reverse engineer the new netflix web site and its just beyond what I have time to devote to.

Sorry if this was confusing anyone.

So your app works in conjunction with NetfliXBMC so that it's still usable in the sense that you can play videos just not select them anywhere but the Android device?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - JasonPell - 2015-11-19

(2015-11-19, 09:40)Nerdy3.14159265 Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 09:27)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 08:28)LupinSansei Wrote: So this new app is only for Android? I was hoping it was also for Windows/Linux :/

This app is really about being a poor mans chrome cast, but instead of controlling play back from your phone, you just initiate from your phone and then use your remote control to do the rest.

Its really scratching an itch for me since the netflixbmc plugin mostly does not work any more, but the netflixbmc plugin still provides excellent integration with chrome and the multi-profile support, etc and so it made sense to try and use the netflix web site and trigger play requests via JSONRPC to netflixbmc on kodi.

Its the best I can come up with at this point. I had been looking at trying to reverse engineer the new netflix web site and its just beyond what I have time to devote to.

Sorry if this was confusing anyone.

So your app works in conjunction with NetfliXBMC so that it's still usable in the sense that you can play videos just not select them anywhere but the Android device?

Correct

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - Nerdy3.14159265 - 2015-11-19

Cool. I might have to try this out then. I would love to be able to get access to my Netflix a little easier on my media center.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - LupinSansei - 2015-11-20

Not sure how it works with Netflixbmc I thought this plugin was broken? I always get that "check your log" error anymore.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - timewasted - 2015-11-20

I wanted to watch Jessica Jones when it gets released tonight, but I was bummed to see that this add-on was broken. So, I fixed it. At least well enough to get TV shows to work. It's a brittle hack that I'm sure has issues (UTF-8 is wonky, for example), but it'll get me through the series well enough. Here's the patched default.py file: https://gist.github.com/timewasted/b64b97fc9e358c8beaf8

Just drop that file in place of the one that ships with the add-on, and you should be working. It works for me, but I can't really guarantee that it'll work for you!

I'm likely not going to submit an actual pull request to fix this, since there is an issue discussing using a proper API instead of this regexp nonsense that I'm doing. I changed the following methods:
  • listVideos (added a new regexp and elif statement)
  • listSeasons (rewrote it to use regexps to parse the HTML)
  • listEpisodes (rewrote it to use regexps to parse the HTML)
  • getSeriesInfo (changed the URL that it attempts to load)

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - JasonPell - 2015-11-20

(2015-11-20, 07:12)LupinSansei Wrote: Not sure how it works with Netflixbmc I thought this plugin was broken? I always get that "check your log" error anymore.

The android app only uses the play video operation which still works fine

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - -zero- - 2015-11-20

There is a kind of api for Netflix. The website use it. I'll try to change the add on to use it.
Genres are already working, trailer, listing tv and movies. The library thing is still not done and a few other things.
I also changed to Unicode because the other stuff is to unreliebale sometimes.
And I also notice the regexs - sometimes they are really good, sometimes there are better options.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - LupinSansei - 2015-11-20

(2015-11-20, 07:51)timewasted Wrote: I wanted to watch Jessica Jones when it gets released tonight, but I was bummed to see that this add-on was broken. So, I fixed it. At least well enough to get TV shows to work. It's a brittle hack that I'm sure has issues (UTF-8 is wonky, for example), but it'll get me through the series well enough. Here's the patched default.py file: https://gist.github.com/timewasted/b64b97fc9e358c8beaf8

Just drop that file in place of the one that ships with the add-on, and you should be working. It works for me, but I can't really guarantee that it'll work for you!

I'm likely not going to submit an actual pull request to fix this, since there is an issue discussing using a proper API instead of this regexp nonsense that I'm doing. I changed the following methods:
  • listVideos (added a new regexp and elif statement)
  • listSeasons (rewrote it to use regexps to parse the HTML)
  • listEpisodes (rewrote it to use regexps to parse the HTML)
  • getSeriesInfo (changed the URL that it attempts to load)

Thanks! But I still get that "talking to Netflix stuck at 25%" error and have to close Kodi manually. Here's my log if it'll help?

Kodi log

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - JasonPell - 2015-11-21

(2015-11-20, 19:10)-zero- Wrote: There is a kind of api for Netflix. The website use it. I'll try to change the add on to use it.
Genres are already working, trailer, listing tv and movies. The library thing is still not done and a few other things.
I also changed to Unicode because the other stuff is to unreliebale sometimes.
And I also notice the regexs - sometimes they are really good, sometimes there are better options.

This is the pathVariable requests I see in developer console. Looks like it should remain fairly stable but I had only just started trying to figure it out.

Do you have a github repo for this work?

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - -zero- - 2015-11-21

That's the repo: netflix addon

The push from today is missing. Huh
Will look for it today.
But now I go to sleep.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - extensa30 - 2015-11-21

hello everyone!

Apologies if I'm making an easy question, but I've been searching for a while (both on google and within this forum thread), and I can't find a solution.

I'm using kodi on mac os x, and I've got the netflixbmc installed. Now, I'm using Safari, and i've read on the change log that it's now supported. But when I go to the options to choose the browser, it only displays chrome or Iexplorer.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

thanks a lot!

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - JasonPell - 2015-11-21

I noticed even playing a video does not work anymore. The WiPlayer URL seems no longer to work

Need to change from:
url = urlMain+"/WiPlayer?movieid="+id

To
url = urlMain+"/watch/"+id

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - marv_el - 2015-11-22

(2015-11-21, 16:15)JasonPell Wrote: I noticed even playing a video does not work anymore. The WiPlayer URL seems no longer to work

Need to change from:
url = urlMain+"/WiPlayer?movieid="+id

To
url = urlMain+"/watch/"+id

thanks a lot! with your hint it's working again!

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - LupinSansei - 2015-11-22

Can anyone help me with my error? Posted the log above. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - nickr - 2015-11-22

(2015-11-22, 01:26)LupinSansei Wrote: Can anyone help me with my error? Posted the log above. Thanks.
The log in Post 1328 is not a debug log (wiki). Also, does it work on kodi 15.2. You appear to be using 16 beta.