Kodi Community Forum
Release Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Official Announcements and Forum Rules (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+--- Thread: Release Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! (/showthread.php?tid=212110)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - soekhainas123 - 2014-12-24

Waiting for auto update in kodi on my nuc ( now openelec installed 3.97.2)

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - Jamesont22 - 2014-12-24

My favorite christmas present of the year!! Thank you for all your hardwork and dedicated support of this amazing platform!!!!!

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - Piers - 2014-12-24

Thank you to all the Kodi members who pushed this out before Christmas. It's lovely.

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - exobuzz - 2014-12-25

Thanks for the Xmas present! Wink

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - rmoody - 2014-12-26

I mean, I'm all happy you guys released this, but why did you release it with bugs that cause crashing? Not smart. Should not have been released.

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - nickr - 2014-12-26

(2014-12-26, 03:43)rmoody Wrote: I mean, I'm all happy you guys released this, but why did you release it with bugs that cause crashing? Not smart. Should not have been released.
No crashing here.

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - Ned Scott - 2014-12-26

(2014-12-26, 03:43)rmoody Wrote: I mean, I'm all happy you guys released this, but why did you release it with bugs that cause crashing? Not smart. Should not have been released.

We've tested it extensively. I have several devices with several different OSes, in several different situations, and things went very smoothly with Kodi v14.0. It's not 100% bug free, but most issues I came across were arguably minor, and I didn't come across many, if any, crashes on most devices.

I don't doubt that you are having issues, but please understand that we were not aware of any major issues. There is a near endless number of combinations of hardware that can run Kodi, so it's very possible to have an issue that we might miss. There are a few cases of a known issue with a small number of devices, but a fix is far off and we'd rather most users be able to enjoy the software now, because realistically, we will never be 100% bug free. Some of those cases already have people working on a fix, and if we can we will do a 14.1 bugfix release.

The best thing you can do is make a thread in the support sub-forum about what issues you are experiencing, if you haven't already.

Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - b0mb - 2014-12-26

Kodibuntu is running like a charm of my Zbox [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Thx again for this nice Xmas present! Wink

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - TazSob - 2014-12-26

Thank you kodi team...Roflgrin:

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - dnairb - 2014-12-26

Imagine, if you will, that the Kodi team test updates on every conceivable hardware/OS configuration.
We would have to wait, and wait, and wait.

Far easier to test on the most common configurations, release development builds (wiki) such as alphas, betas, and release-candidates (whilst publishing instructions on how to update to these releases) and react to reported issues on less common systems.

You did report, with a debug log (wiki), the issue you are having, didn't you?

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - SALAMINOMACHOS - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-26, 07:18)Ned Scott Wrote:

We've tested it extensively. I have several devices with several different OSes, in several different situations, and things went very smoothly with Kodi v14.0.
Do not give any explanations please
If they desire the best media player , they can buy

Personally i thank the whole Kodi / XBMC team for everything they give us all these years

Happy New Year 2015

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - cougs100 - 2014-12-28

Working fine here, thanks guys Smile

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - stainedroof - 2014-12-28

Allright!!! This is a better present than an official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock! Thanks everyone for working so hard! Happy Holidays!

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - Rollingstone - 2014-12-29

Great job! Thanks a lot, it works fine on OpenElec 5.0

RE: Kodi 14.0 Helix - Released! - mikebzh44 - 2014-12-30

Congratulations !!

That's a nice Xmas gift Wink