Kodi Community Forum
Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 (/showthread.php?tid=212855)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - neandertal - 2015-01-17

I have already written that it works with both enabled (with 24p (23.97) in and 24p out) in XBMC 12.3, 13.2 and (Latest, all) Plex Home Theater, it shouldnt really be that hard if it works with the the biggest "competitor" and all the earlier versions of XBMC I have had down to 12, what I can recall.

If someone could fix it would be much appreciated and I would be very grateful.

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - jingai - 2015-01-17

@neandertal, you did try the test build posted in this thread, right?

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - neandertal - 2015-01-17

(2015-01-17, 22:54)jingai Wrote: @neandertal, you did try the test build posted in this thread, right?

WOW. I dont know what the eff I was doing earlier when I tried it.. but it works now! with both engaged. (with 24p (23.97) material in and 24p out) Thanks!
I downloaded and installed your build yesterday when I tried and replaced it (and checked the version in "system info") as you should but somehow it didnt fix the issue yesterday... but when I installed now today again it worked perfect.. very strange..
Its says in the "Codec info" P(fr: 23.976
and shows W( fps24.00 now
In and out.
Perfect.
I have two displays connected to my Mac Mini and I have changed Mac settings, "Displays have separate Spaces" yesterday and back again today, I dont know if it has anything to do with that.

I´m very sorry all but its very good that you have fixed it.
Thank you jingai!

Put it in the Official build!

Edit: Then thanks Memphiz too!

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - jingai - 2015-01-17

Thank Memphiz too, he actually implemented it correctly.. I just spotted the issue and patched it poorly Tongue

But I'd still like a definitive answer about the settings, since it does seem to work..

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - Ayla - 2015-01-18

As mentioned earlier, the test build fixed the laggy playback for me too (and I never use Adjust Refresh Rate).

Any idea if/when the fix will be implemented in the official releases?

Thanks,

Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - Memphiz - 2015-01-18

now that i have good feedback i will merge it in nightlies and will give the rm for helix 14.1 green light (but he decides). Also for me those 2 settings are unacceptable because the videosync option alters either audio or video - maybe i should have stated that its my opinion that the videosync option doesn't satisfy me (i hate it tbh)...

edit: i merged it already in mainline a couple of days ago ...

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - jingai - 2015-01-18

Ohhh ok, that helps me understand. I really thought you were saying they were technically incompatible, rather than just a preference. I get it now and will continue on the way I have then Smile

edit: just to be absolutely sure, Kodi should be able to resample audio to whatever target display refresh rate the user wants, correct? for example, if I set it to 23.977Hz, it won't have a problem with that? I currently have my display set to 24Hz (one of its built-in [advertised] resolutions), but it does accept 23.977Hz as well, which is just a bit closer and would require a smaller speedup.

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - Memphiz - 2015-01-18

it should ... imo all this pull down correction and sync stuff is wonky - but its only my feeling ... i don't use it on any platform and have smooth playback...

Well it's the pull-down correction that I want to avoid, that's the point of resampling the audio and setting the display refresh rate to match as closely to the source as possible. If you run it without either of these options checked, you'll need pull-down correction to display it at 60Hz. Some people don't notice the jerkiness this causes in some scenes (like panning shots) but I'm unlucky and do... lol

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - Memphiz - 2015-01-18

i don't use 60hz - i have refresh rate adaption turned on and this cuts it for me ...

Yeah, it will, but the audio will slowly drift out-of-sync if you can't set your refresh rate to exactly match the source, like I can't.

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - dereklad - 2015-01-24

Hello chaps i have a mac mini 2010 and i too and am recieving slightly stop start choppy videos..
So do i download the test build you chaps have been talking about,and wheres that found..
Do i just download and install or unistall the kodi ive got first please..
I have been reading this thread to fix my problem but ill admit most of it goes over my head..
Thanks for any responce..

Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - jingai - 2015-01-24

Just download and copy it over your old one in Applications.

RE: Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - dereklad - 2015-01-26

Right i downloaded that update and it worked like a dream thanks..no moore stuttering...

1 moore thing while im here and i dont think its a softeare problem..ive got my mac mini hooked upto my tv via hdmi..every now and then the screen completley turns green then plays again ..would that be a connection problem..and thats it thanks for you help..

Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0 - Memphiz - 2015-01-26

hdmi handshake problem - ensure you have latest firmware for the tv ans all other involved hdmi components