Kodi Community Forum
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) (/showthread.php?tid=214143)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - wyrm - 2016-09-05

Ok, looks like the new update is up on the main repo already (although I still have not received official notification of this), so announcing AppTV 1.4.5.

The last few updates from me have been following a Tick/Tock update schedule. This is a really big update, so think of it as a Super Tock update. Major Hi-lite's of this update include (in no particular order):
  • Major refactor of skin settings menus. In particular, Home menu screen is now graphical in nature. Select the type of menu required on button on top left of screen. Then selecting a menu item for a list of customisation option for that menu item.
  • Music views and Info screens have received some much needed love and now match the look and feel of the Video screens.
  • There are now four themes (included the default theme) supplied with the skin. The 'Lite' themes in particular now give the skin a more AppleTV gen4 look.
  • Numeric unwatched indicators now appear thru out the skin (Icon Home menu and Video library views)
  • New option for 'Letterbar' for navigating thru a number of Library views (select from the skins settings menus).
  • Add support for animated Backgrounds and Posters in the video library. This is provided by the Skin.helper script, so additional config for this is available from within this scripts config screen. Images can be selected if available from the skins screen settings menu in the Video library.
  • Skin now only depends on the skin.helper script, so issues with missing dependencies should be a thing of the past. Skin will now prompt for scripts that were previously dependencies as they are required by the user (but only if script has not already been loaded previously). Now much easier to remove some of these scripts as my skin is no longer dependent on these scripts.
  • Numerous Image file and code cleanups. Hopefully skin how has a much cleaner, consistent look to it.

In addition to the above major changes there have been a number of minor changes as suggested by users over the last few months. Check and see if one of your pet peeves has been rectified.

Now I'm taking a short break before starting work on the Krypton version of the skin, in all likelihood this is the last release of the skin for Jarvis. Have a play and report any bugs or feature requests here so that they can be added to the skin in time for the release of Kodi Krypton final.

Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - SideStepSociety - 2016-09-10

Nice work. Any way to disable the numbers on the home menu icons for movies and TV Shows though?

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - wyrm - 2016-09-10

(2016-09-10, 04:21)SideStepSociety Wrote: Nice work. Any way to disable the numbers on the home menu icons for movies and TV Shows though?
SideStepSociety,

Is there a setting to turn this off? No. Can you make it go away? Sure, watch All of you videos in your libraryBig Grin. Failing that if you edit the "skin.apptv/720p/Includes_IconHome.xml" file, lines 290 and 298 and remove these lines that should do the trick. Right lines start with
PHP Code:
                    <property name="count">... 

Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - wyrm - 2016-10-05

Ok guys, I have made a start on moving to Kyrpton. But before the main work on this happens I wanted to finish up the home menu customisation code that got cut short due to the dependencies problem with version 1.3.5.

The way this code was originally done, selecting menu items seemed a bit hit or miss. I have how fixed this and am just finishing up some additional customisations for menu items. The biggest of these is to add the ability to assign a Kodi command to a custom menu item. For example it will now be possible to assign the Clean Library action to a home menu button. At this stage the list of actions includes update library, clean library and switch to fullscreen playing video and visualisations.

Are there any other Kodi commands/actions that people feel should be allowed on the home menu screen?

Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - RossMacca85 - 2016-10-17

Hi there, i am just new to the forum but have used it for a lot helpful info

i have been using your skin for a while and i love it, really like the new update too

my only concern is i cant seem to find how to add sources via file manager, i am able through the xml but would find it a lot easier if i could do it direct on kodi

im sorry if i have missed

sorry, i seem to be a bit slow today, just went back one page and checked changelog file and fixed issue

thanks again for such a great skin

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - wyrm - 2016-10-18

(2016-10-17, 19:28)RossMacca85 Wrote: Hi there, i am just new to the forum but have used it for a lot helpful info

i have been using your skin for a while and i love it, really like the new update too

my only concern is i cant seem to find how to add sources via file manager, i am able through the xml but would find it a lot easier if i could do it direct on kodi

im sorry if i have missed

sorry, i seem to be a bit slow today, just went back one page and checked changelog file and fixed issue

thanks again for such a great skin
RossMacca85,

Got me there sport, working just fine here. From the root directory (which I see when I first open the file manager) you should see two entries. "Change Profile" and "Add Source". If you are in the root directory and don't see that, you will need to post a DEBUG log (see Support menu of skin for that).

Just a friendly warning, if you are using any banned addons, please remove them as you will get zero support in these forums if you are using them. I and most other people here are not prepared to climb down that rabbit hole chasing phantom problems.

Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - loughrey101 - 2016-10-30

This would be perfect only, unlike most other Kodi skins, it doesn't put a watched tick mark after TV episodes you've watched within a series, leaving you guessing which episode you're on. I'd really love to see this added as I have to return to confluence in order to remember which episode i was last on which is a lot of hassle. I'd keep using this skin as the perfect skin for the Amazon Fire TV but the lack of a watched ticker is a deal breaker for me

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - wyrm - 2016-10-31

(2016-10-30, 22:58)loughrey101 Wrote: This would be perfect only, unlike most other Kodi skins, it doesn't put a watched tick mark after TV episodes you've watched within a series, leaving you guessing which episode you're on. I'd really love to see this added as I have to return to confluence in order to remember which episode i was last on which is a lot of hassle. I'd keep using this skin as the perfect skin for the Amazon Fire TV but the lack of a watched ticker is a deal breaker for me
loughrey101,

Well actualy it does, sorta do this already. Following the Apple convention, full blue circle is unwatched, half circle is partially watched and no blue circle is watched. So in most views if there is NO blue circle displayed next to an item it means it has been watched. From memory the only view this does not apply to is the coverflow view and I will probably add this mark to at least the currently focused item for the Kyrpton release of the skin.

Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - m301 - 2016-11-01

Hi,

I love your work and I am so looking forward to your AppTV release for Kodi Krypton!!!

The update from Kodi Jarvis to Krypton Beta 5 brought some great new features and some missed back. The Youtube- and Amazon Prime-Addons are working again! Ok, with some help from here: http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/51486-Kodi-17-Inputstream-AddOns-fuer-den-Kodi-17-VideoPlayer-aktuelle-Git-builds-Upda/

But I so miss using your skin and hope you release your update for Krypton soon. Is there already a release date? Otherwise I would have to downgrade to Jarvis. Please do not force me to!

With deepest sympathy

Seb

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - wyrm - 2016-11-02

(2016-11-01, 23:52)m301 Wrote: Hi,

I love your work and I am so looking forward to your AppTV release for Kodi Krypton!!!

The update from Kodi Jarvis to Krypton Beta 5 brought some great new features and some missed back. The Youtube- and Amazon Prime-Addons are working again! Ok, with some help from here: http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/51486-Kodi-17-Inputstream-AddOns-fuer-den-Kodi-17-VideoPlayer-aktuelle-Git-builds-Upda/

But I so miss using your skin and hope you release your update for Krypton soon. Is there already a release date? Otherwise I would have to downgrade to Jarvis. Please do not force me to!

With deepest sympathy

Seb
Seb,

Short answer is "when it is done". I have just finished the work to the new and changed skin files, but there is still a lot of work required to bring some of the old files upto Kyrpton standard. I will probably upload the current changes to my Github in the next day or so, but it will most certainly have a few rought edges here and there.

As to when it will be available in the main repo, probably around the time that Kodi goes into release candidate stage of release. Even at this late stage we are still seeing skin engine changes, so I see no point in releasing the skin now (even if it was finished).

Added bonus for this release is a major rework of the custom home screen menu items. In addition to being able to assign Favourites to the custom items, now you will be able to assign playlists to the menu items. Also at this stage there are about ten system commands that can also be assigned to the menu items (this list may expand if I find anything else that seems reasonable to add).

Sorry can't be any more precise than that, but we have to follow what is happening with Kodi and there is no set release date on that.

Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - m301 - 2016-11-02

Wyrm,

thanks for your quick response. I see, it's done, when it is done.
I wish you every success with your work!

Seb

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - karlandtanya - 2016-11-10

Awesome and thanks for all your hard work!
My wife loves AppTV, and I don't see upgrading kodi to 17 without it!

(If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy...)

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - wyrm - 2016-11-11

A Krypton version of the skin is available thru my github (details on first page of this thread). All of the new and renamed skin files are available, but there is still a lot of work to do before I can release to the main repo. If anyone is feeling adventurous they can take it for a spin and report any problems back here. Suggest if you do take it for a spin that you checkout the home menu customisation menu as there are a couple of pleasant surprises there for you.

Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - m.nocera - 2016-11-11

Hi to Everyone!!! New version: AppTV 1.4.5 bring one issue for me: "it miss coverflow view"!!! Do someone how can I restore it?

thanks
m.nocera

RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - wyrm - 2016-11-12

(2016-11-11, 21:17)m.nocera Wrote: Hi to Everyone!!! New version: AppTV 1.4.5 bring one issue for me: "it miss coverflow view"!!! Do someone how can I restore it?

thanks
m.nocera
m.nocera,

Working fine here, how about providing some details. Where and what are you trying to display in coverflow view? What platform are you using? And did you install from main repo or from somewhere else?

Wyrm (AppTV)