Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) (/showthread.php?tid=215255)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - im85288 - 2015-04-01

(2015-04-01, 03:19)cyked Wrote: What exactly does the new default.py fix?

I too have issues playing certain things. Sometimes I get the ding and error, other times nothing happens on screen when playing a TV show/movie, bu in the logs I see "rtmp server sent error" regardless.

Provides HD playback for movies

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - cyked - 2015-04-01

(2015-04-01, 22:22)im85288 Wrote:

I too have issues playing certain things. Sometimes I get the ding and error, other times nothing happens on screen when playing a TV show/movie, bu in the logs I see "rtmp server sent error" regardless.

Got it, thanks. Wasn't sure if its related to the rtmp server sent error issues or not. I updated the default.py file initially, but felt like I was having more issues. Initially I would play a movie and it would work. The next thing played would fail, and EVERYTHING after that would fail. I would do a reboot and repeat the same thing essentially. I removed the add-on, reinstalled, and did NOT updated the default.py file and seemed to have much more success playing movies/TV shows, though still do get the rtmp server sent errors in log.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - drew_351 - 2015-04-02

Can someone help me with the instructions as to what you are supposed to do with the default.py ? I am guessing this should fix my issue, but I don't know when/where/what I am supposed to do with this.

Maybe it is more diffucult for me to do this since I am running Kodi on a QNAP NAS? Help Please!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - capfuturo - 2015-04-03

@drew_351: Just as it says, replace the existent default.py in the Amazon prime add-on folder. This shouldn't be OS dependent, as long you have access permissions.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - cyked - 2015-04-03

(2015-04-02, 21:24)drew_351 Wrote:

Can someone help me with the instructions as to what you are supposed to do with the default.py ? I am guessing this should fix my issue, but I don't know when/where/what I am supposed to do with this.

Maybe it is more diffucult for me to do this since I am running Kodi on a QNAP NAS? Help Please!

If you are doing this via SSH, type 'locate default.py' and find the folder with prime.instant. Replace that file. Out of curiousity, what issues are you having? As I understand it, this won't "fix" an issue. Its to allow support of 1080p playback.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - htpc guy - 2015-04-03

(2015-01-16, 23:23)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: You can add movies and single seasons to your kodi library via context menu.
Simply add this source: "Home folder"->userdata->addon_data->plugin.video.prime_instant->library->Movies/TV

Is it possible to specify a shared network location for this data? I keep all of my media on a freenas box, along with a mysql database.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - capfuturo - 2015-04-03

@htpc guy: Of course you can... just mount the network folder in the specific location or use Symlinks if allowed by your OS.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - htpc guy - 2015-04-04

(2015-04-03, 15:37)capfuturo Wrote: @htpc guy: Of course you can... just mount the network folder in the specific location or use Symlinks if allowed by your OS.

Didn't think of that. Thanks. I'll look into doing this on OpenELEC.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - moriah - 2015-04-05

Is there a way to access purchased movies on my Amazon.com account through this add-on?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - cmcknz77 - 2015-04-05

(2015-03-30, 06:15)mr3p Wrote: Add-on appears to install and connect however it will not accept my Amazon login and password? When I normally login to Amazon, there is a CAPTCHA box so how is anyone able to login?

I similarly have been unable to log in to this plugin on my RaspberryPi from the UK since about a week ago... Installed fine and has been running ok for the past month. Was able to log in fine with no problems before that...Not sure if I need to sign my RaspPiKodi up as a set-top-box device in Amazon Prime somehow... Would appreciate any advice...

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - kevjs1982 - 2015-04-05

Try going into the settings and double check the region, when my pi prompts for the password I have to switch the region back to UK as is switched back to US on its own.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - cmcknz77 - 2015-04-06

(2015-04-05, 22:13)kevjs1982 Wrote: Try going into the settings and double check the region, when my pi prompts for the password I have to switch the region back to UK as is switched back to US on its own.

Thank you @kevjs1982... That's got it...

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - moriah - 2015-04-06

One other question, and please pardon my ignorance:

Is there any workaround to the edgefcs.net streams not playing? I understand it's an issue with DRM/Swfverify level 2, from what I gather.

It's just, you know, I pay for Amazon Prime. I'd rather use a service I pay for, than use a prirated source that actually works.

If there isn't a workaround, it's okay, I understand and appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into making an app like this! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - drew_351 - 2015-04-06

(2015-04-03, 06:50)cyked Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 21:24)drew_351 Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 22:22)im85288 Wrote: Provides HD playback for movies

If you are doing this via SSH, type 'locate default.py' and find the folder with prime.instant. Replace that file. Out of curiousity, what issues are you having? As I understand it, this won't "fix" an issue. Its to allow support of 1080p playback.

When I try to use this addon some videos play for me, but many, infact most that I have tried do not. I can see the video options just fine, but when I click to play them nothing happens. I was hoping this would fix it, since some videos play just fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - capfuturo - 2015-04-06

(2015-04-06, 18:51)drew_351 Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 06:50)cyked Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 21:24)drew_351 Wrote: Can someone help me with the instructions as to what you are supposed to do with the default.py ? I am guessing this should fix my issue, but I don't know when/where/what I am supposed to do with this.

When I try to use this addon some videos play for me, but many, infact most that I have tried do not. I can see the video options just fine, but when I click to play them nothing happens. I was hoping this would fix it, since some videos play just fine.
It could depend on so many factors such as where you are located geographically, the speed of your connection, your Amazon prime localisation and account settings, etc...