Kodi Community Forum
Animated Movie Posters - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Animated Movie Posters (/showthread.php?tid=215727)

RE: Animated Movie Posters - TeddMartin - 2016-04-01

(2016-03-31, 10:34)koufos Wrote: The thing is that it is very difficult and rare to find high resolution gifs images to work with or edit.Also when tryied before to upload to imgur a high res gif,it is uploaded as video loop,not as a gif.Propably there is a limitaion to frames in order to be uploaded as gif.

Would starting with a jpeg or png, and converting it to a gif work?

I would love something like that Terminator Genesys motion for my digital movie poster light box that uses a 43" rotated LG hdtv. I have about 5,000 1080x1600 poster currently, and a large portion started out
with at least 2250x3000 resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zttPfN1YTGQ

I have zero clue about creating these, but is there any primers out there?

RE: Animated Movie Posters - koufos - 2016-04-01

(2016-04-01, 03:05)TeddMartin Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 10:34)koufos Wrote: The thing is that it is very difficult and rare to find high resolution gifs images to work with or edit.Also when tryied before to upload to imgur a high res gif,it is uploaded as video loop,not as a gif.Propably there is a limitaion to frames in order to be uploaded as gif.

Would starting with a jpeg or png, and converting it to a gif work?

I would love something like that Terminator Genesys motion for my digital movie poster light box that uses a 43" rotated LG hdtv. I have about 5,000 1080x1600 poster currently, and a large portion started out
with at least 2250x3000 resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zttPfN1YTGQ

I have zero clue about creating these, but is there any primers out there?

A single poster wont work,at least for me.I cant create motion from a single poster,there must be some frames so motion can be created.
Keep in mind that I just use my basic photoshop skills to create animations posters in my free time,just for pleasure and fun.
On the other hand,there are proffesionals outhere,with powerfull machines and andvanced programms,doing this for a living.
A live example is the poster below from Jaja Poupou

RE: Animated Movie Posters - natasha990 - 2016-04-01

It is very little bit difficult to change jpeg or png to gif but but it really plays a important role in our business and marketing.

GIMP seems to have the capability to convert to gif. (There's even an animated check box.)

I expect I have suitable computer hardware, could purchase needed software, but am clueless
about what software and where to start the learning curve.

Could you explain what the Terminator Genesys motion poster involved, in terms of static images?
It appears it starts and almost ends with a couple of movie posters. Were there frame grabs from the
movie used? Just trying to get a handle on what all is involved and if large motion posters are within
my wheel house?

RE: Animated Movie Posters - rschiks - 2016-04-01

(2016-04-01, 12:57)TeddMartin Wrote: GIMP seems to have the capability to convert to gif. (There's even an animated check box.)

I expect I have suitable computer hardware, could purchase needed software, but am clueless

Could you explain what the Terminator Genesys motion poster involved, in terms of static images?
It appears it starts and almost ends with a couple of movie posters. Were there frame grabs from the
movie used? Just trying to get a handle on what all is involved and if large motion posters are within
my wheel house?

Maybe this tutorial can help you:

Or this one:

(2016-04-01, 13:13)rschiks Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 12:57)TeddMartin Wrote: GIMP seems to have the capability to convert to gif. (There's even an animated check box.)

my wheel house?

Maybe this tutorial can help you:

Or this one:

Thank You!

That gives me some new ideas, and a place to start. There's already a copy of Photoshop, for the new computer.
Just waiting (and waiting...) on the next generation of video cards coming.
waiting (and waiting...) on the next generation of video cards.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - Glyde62 - 2016-04-01

(2016-03-29, 16:36)mattyspurs76 Wrote: I use the Titan Beta skin on Jarvis 16.1 (Windows pC) and noticed over the weekend that my movie posters in my library were moving Wink i can confirm that alls well with them.
Very surprised and ive only just figured out how and why as i know for a fact i didnt download or install any animated posters. So ... Thank you very much. Whatever you have done works well.

Cant get them working with Jarvis on my Windows HTPC. But they are working on my Android Tablet
No idea why not working in windows

Discovered if I change skin to Confluence and get movie info I can browse to the animated Poster, When in Titan Beta is no browse function
But when I change back to Titan they go back to un animated again

Actually discovered that on my HTPC I have the option to browse for the animated artwork,But on my Desktop the option isn't there,No idea why one has it and one hasn't
Both running same versions of everything

RE: Animated Movie Posters - User 224999 - 2016-04-01

(2016-03-19, 11:18)rschiks Wrote: I have no idea how the Skin Helper Service and the skin deals with multiple entries of posters in the database. Most of the movies in the database already have multiple posters and fan art.

And of course adding logos is not a problem. I just create a new type of entry. A few minutes work.

Currently skin helper only pulls the first poster but I will change this and provide an option to select the animated poster to the user.
Thanks for your work!

(2016-04-01, 18:54)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 11:18)rschiks Wrote: I have no idea how the Skin Helper Service and the skin deals with multiple entries of posters in the database. Most of the movies in the database already have multiple posters and fan art.

And of course adding logos is not a problem. I just create a new type of entry. A few minutes work.

Currently skin helper only pulls the first poster but I will change this and provide an option to select the animated poster to the user.
Thanks for your work!

That's great to hear! Big Grin